Illum Repair Idea

Sinbound

I posted this in another thread but the more I looked at it I found that I really liked the idea so wanted to get a bit more attention in a new post.

Here is how I would fix Illum if it were up to me.

I would create 2 different goals for Illum.

1st would be control of Illum, this would net a buff for pvp gains in valor and be enough to warrant a loss of the 2nd goal since only one can be properly obtained at a time. There is currently a buff for both sides just by being in Illum but this buff should only exist for the ones in control. Maybe add a mechanic that once Illum is under the control of one or the other it can't be retaken for 2 hours or something.

2nd option is that the daily can be completed by collecting armaments at the outposts under the control of the other faction. This would be the 2 bases and the 3 outposts along the way. The armaments could only be looted by the faction not in control of the outposts. If Illum is controlled by one or the other faction then these armaments should be doubled in spawn times.

This would benefit both sides in different ways, it would help encourage the changing of the outposts to block the buff gained or open the option of looting the armaments. It utilizes the full size of the map to help spread out the force of larger parties.

Anyway, this is how I would fix the system.

Throw a bone to both sides so both win in one way or another. With 2 factions have 2 places of victory. :) Daily or Buff, your faction chooses.

Don't remove the ability to finish the daily from the other faction completely though, they can still kill the other faction while they are gathering their armaments. But instead of knowing for certain where they will be going to do that they now have to search the map to find their prey. :)

The following wouldn't have any immediate effect, but would help immensely with future issues...

Have new users choose Republic or Empire before choosing their server. If there are too many of the chosen faction on that server, give a message saying that server is not accepting new characters of that faction at this time. Would you like to create a character of the other faction on this server?