What I expect from those in PuG Ranked Kickball Rosters

Krayshawn

PuG Ranked does not directly positively influence the competitiveness of the Ranked community, but, it does indirectly help its cause. First and Foremost, this thread is not designed to call out anyone, point fingers, or blame stuff on full guilds.

**DISCLAIMER** Ranked is for, IMHO, a full guild to compete and play for the thrill of competition, i and no one else should be pointing fingers at any guilds who que full ranked because that is what it is around for!

My views of PuG ranked is that I see it as a forum for players to get together and become better, gain experience, knowledge, and perspective of the current game state.

Unlike Reg Warzones, ranked calls for the utmost focus and determination, by both parties. This means players learn how to deal with and overcome greater obstacles then what is presented in day to day reg WZs.

What should all participants on the roster maintain?

1. Bring your A game.

2. Have Full WH

3. Have mumble

4. Be willing and open to ideas, strategies, and constructive criticism.

5. You don't know everything.

6. If you aren't sure how to gear your self, ask someone, many people don't necessarily know how to min/max their gear, be open to suggestions on stat optimization.

7. Stand where designated: ex: Melee DPS at security key, tanks at stair, ranged DPS at quest dude, and Healers ad Medical droid.

8. If you have full tank gear, don't say your a DPS and stand with the melee DPS during team comp selection.

If people have any suggestions to this list please add them, do not turn this thread into an open forum for boasting epeen or trash talking, there will be NO Ld50/ uncensored fighting on this thread.

Edited by Krayshawn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only 1 rule to ranked warzones (A group of 8). Once you meet that requirement you can queue and join. Anything else is rules you place on yourself and/or the group you queue with. In that sense I don't dis-agree with your post, only stating that any rules set after meeting the "1" requirement are self imposed.

Maybe one day I'll make the cut. Unfortunately, when I went to join, Devil said he needed "1 good DPS". So, I volunteered, with the caveat that I'm a DPS/Bubble-stun sorc, and not necessarily "good". He didn't get back to me...:D

So, anytime you don't necessarily need someone "good", gimme a call! :cool:

There is only 1 rule to ranked warzones (A group of 8). Once you meet that requirement you can queue and join. Anything else is rules you place on yourself and/or the group you queue with. In that sense I don't dis-agree with your post, only stating that any rules set after meeting the "1" requirement are self imposed.

I am not arguing that, I am not imposing my rules on other teams...

All I am referring to is the ranked kickball nights...

Maybe one day I'll make the cut. Unfortunately, when I went to join, Devil said he needed "1 good DPS". So, I volunteered, with the caveat that I'm a DPS/Bubble-stun sorc, and not necessarily "good". He didn't get back to me...:D

So, anytime you don't necessarily need someone "good", gimme a call! :cool:

Next time we run the kickball night watch the imppvp channel prior to 8pm EST thats usually when the ball gets rolling.

Neldiahr I haven't seen you in the people on the orbital station, normally if you are there on time, we accept everyone as long as they have full WH gear or close to. If you want to join before the teams are formed you shouldn't be refused, although you might end up on team undesirable :(

Neldiahr I haven't seen you in the people on the orbital station, normally if you are there on time, we accept everyone as long as they have full WH gear or close to. If you want to join before the teams are formed you shouldn't be refused, although you might end up on team undesirable :(

Yes, we dont descriminate against bad players as long as your willing to improve. Now if you are a bad player that thinks hes god's gift to sage dps DAS BOOT!

Yeah, I'm not complaining. There was just one spot open at the time, and Devil said he needed good DPS. I never made it to the orbital station since I didn't hear back. I'm willing to join up with anyone, though. If you ever want to see my DPS bubble-stun in action, lemme know. I'm at least relatively well-geared. I pug a lot, and have been on my healer mostly (trying to gear her up...SO much easier than it was on my main).

Yes, we dont descriminate against bad players as long as your willing to improve. Now if you are a bad player that thinks hes god's gift to sage dps DAS BOOT!

God's gift to sage DPS? Eh...nope. On my best day I topped 700 DPS. That was full-on DPS spec. I now run a bubble-DPS hybrid, and my best games are probably 500 DPS or so. But 'dem bubbles are so annoying, aren't they? :rak_03:

I think most of the pugs are happy that full guilds queue unless it's Uncensored/LD50. So don't worry about it, it's just more competition and more pops. If you aren't running with full guild though, don't hesitate to join the pug roster!

On the subject of full guild ques doing ranked pug nights: Chaotic Pixels were answering a challenge last night from another guild. We had no intentions of playing any pug teams. We were simply unlucky with sime of our ques.

I was happy to see chaotic pixels, as i have stated above, the best practice is against players who are structured and working as a team too! Keep it up, I have no problem face full teams, even if i get roflstomped!

PD is thinking of doing a full guild rated on wed. If that does not happen then I will be happy to go on Barbie or Sexy. I think Teta will come too. Maybe Yooni if I give him Ice cream. Let me know what you think Kray or Ilye:)

I would love to fight full PD again!

On the subject of full guild ques doing ranked pug nights: Chaotic Pixels were answering a challenge last night from another guild. We had no intentions of playing any pug teams. We were simply unlucky with sime of our ques.

Hey Chaotic Pixels, thanks for showing up last night, that was a great game and people from my guild really enjoyed that match. Its just too bad we only saw you guys once.. Anyway, I hope to see you guys more on the future, I think right now both our guilds are probably playing on the same level. Hehe, not to take anything away from my guild but I think we only won that match because we capped our node half a second earlier than you guys did but could have gone either way in my opinion. Send me a whisper or that noob Seane :) if you guys want to schedule another match..

i think there should be one more expectation that should be added. players should be committing to at least 3 games when they sign up. obviously emergencies happen, people have to leave, and thats ok, but it really derails a pug group when teams have to constantly replace players...