Better balance on the teams please.

Argonaut

As a relative newcomer to SWGF, I must say that on the whole im enjoying it...just one thing though...

I have lost count of the amount of unbalanced teams I have been on. In general you can tell who the experienced players are as they tend to have 4 or 5 ships available (not always the case, but generally this is correct). On several occasions I have been on a team of clearly inexperienced fighters, against a team with 4 or 5 experienced fighters, the result is a total rout! I have also been on the benefit of this inbalance twice, where its just been a turkey shoot!

I dont know if there is supposed to be a balancing act done when selecting the teams...if its supposed to happen then im afraid it aint working! If its not supposed to happen, then please balance the teams better!

As a relative newcomer to SWGF, I must say that on the whole im enjoying it...just one thing though...

I have lost count of the amount of unbalanced teams I have been on. In general you can tell who the experienced players are as they tend to have 4 or 5 ships available (not always the case, but generally this is correct). On several occasions I have been on a team of clearly inexperienced fighters, against a team with 4 or 5 experienced fighters, the result is a total rout! I have also been on the benefit of this inbalance twice, where its just been a turkey shoot!

I dont know if there is supposed to be a balancing act done when selecting the teams...if its supposed to happen then im afraid it aint working! If its not supposed to happen, then please balance the teams better!

I haven't had one balanced battle yet, it is always one Team easily beating the other side, super boring both ways.

The balance seems to be better on Red Eclipse at least, since we do see (some) "balanced" games. If BW were going to do anything, I would hope they would compare the average upgrade level of each ship each player has, or something in that vein, as I've seen some players with the "wrong" pair of ships (ie, not the starting scout/strike fighter), no idea why as it'll be readily apparent when they start flying how good they are...

The balance seems to be better on Red Eclipse at least, since we do see (some) "balanced" games. If BW were going to do anything, I would hope they would compare the average upgrade level of each ship each player has, or something in that vein, as I've seen some players with the "wrong" pair of ships (ie, not the starting scout/strike fighter), no idea why as it'll be readily apparent when they start flying how good they are...

balance is quite good on red eclipse indeed.

I thought if there was matchmaking it would consider the average equipment of your ships. thats why i cant change anything after q'ing.

Edited by mighty_joe

I haven't had one balanced battle yet, it is always one Team easily beating the other side, super boring both ways.

My experiences as well since GSF first came out.

Didn't take too long for some players to max out everything too; it sucks for those who are joining up now.

This is going to continue to be a problem unless BW gets around to implementing cross-server queues.

The problem is, there just aren't enough people queuing on each server to be able to divide up the vets and newbies and still put together matches in a reasonable time. So if there are a bunch of vets queuing on one faction, and a bunch of newbies on the other, there's not much the matchmaking can do.

Of course, I've also seen some same-faction matches that have really left me scratching my head. When one side is almost entirely 5-ships, and the other only has 3 with more than 2... what the hell? They're all from the same faction, so the game *should* be able to divide them up better than that.

Of course, I've also seen some same-faction matches that have really left me scratching my head. When one side is almost entirely 5-ships, and the other only has 3 with more than 2... what the hell? They're all from the same faction, so the game *should* be able to divide them up better than that.

Some people believe that they gain an advantage by only going into a match with two ships. Which is silly as anyone that plays regularly will take note of the skilled pilots they face, regardless of the number of ships they go into a match with.

also as a red eclipse player that only does GSF i fond the team balence is more often than not pritty good, when im on my unmodified ship char majority of both teams is 2-3 ships with a couple of 5 ship people on each team.

When im on my maxed chars youll find on average in a 12man team 8-10 will be 4-5 ship people with 2-4 guys with 2-4 ships.

The win ratio i find is fairly even, i have had some games where we stomped them and some we got stomped but find alot of the games go to the wire to decide winner.

There isnt really any faction difference also, i have chars for both sides in gsf and majority of my chars on their stat sheets have in range of 45-55% win to 55-45 loss ratio's.