Mulan is not just a great Star Wars movie!

cunctatorg

Nobody has any right to expect the delivery of an awesome movie from the Company which had delivered (just yesterday) the awful (artistically and Star Wars-wise disastrous, that is) last Star Wars Trilogy.

Yet it really happened!!

Mulan is not just a great Star Wars movie, taking place in a Galaxy ... not that far away!

Mulan is of course an immersive action movie, it's a movie about cultural contradictions and dilemmas, it is a Chinese epic movie (taking place in Imperial China, that is) and it's a movie about courageous individuals in-between the weight of tradition and social stereotypes, the request for personal freedom and responsibility and historical turmoil.

However, above all that is a great humanistic movie, a remarkable endeavor into the (hard and vague) research area of the tragic "human situation". Particularly there you will find the core of the power of that artistic achievement, namely at its profound screenplay!! The great direction of Niki Caro, the powerful (and/or pretty convincing) performances of the actors and actresses and the awesome photography just help to fulfill the vision of the screen writers!

However the movie (for many obvious causes) came to find itself in the middle of another turmoil, a contemporary and real one, also. Hopefully I'll write about that either very soon or ... in due time! I have to make a lot of homework in order to be able to deliver the next, proper and appropriate, post of course. It's practically ready into my mind but I have to make some time...

P.S.: :rolleyes: my bad, thus a "minor" correction follows; (HUA) MU LAN is -also- a great Star Wars movie ... :rolleyes: in the best Lucasian tradition!!

Edited by cunctatorg

This doesn't have squat to do with Star Wars. if you want to write a review, I suggest putting it in Off Topic over in General Discussion.

I'll follow your piece of advice in due time; however MU LAN has essentially to do quite a lot (much more than you could ever imagine!!) with almost every aspect of the essence of Star Wars and its best tradition, namely the very best Lucasian tradition!!

I wonder if you have watched that masterpiece and been able to make just some pattern recognition!

All I can think of when reading this thread is...

Please bring the brightly colored machine tools to the purple giraffes.

I guess there is true wisdom in your opinion regarding your corresponding thoughts.

By the way what are the purple giraffes?!?

Edited by cunctatorg