Guilds are not inviting me

Kingderonte

Can anyone explain why Guilds don't want to invite my mom and brother got guild invites on the same day they made a character but I had mine for 5+ years and no invite I feel like the whole swtor people base hate me, all I want is a guild invite that's it nothing much

there are enough guilds that send recruiting-messages via chat (on planets & fleet), just whisper them that you want to join...

direct invites from guilds (unasked so to speak) are - in my experience - not very common, but that probably depends on which server you are on and/or what time you play...

Edited by Dekibra

guilds that do random invites aren't worth joining anyway

This. Always this. I have a rigid and unbending policy of always declining unsolicited guild invites(1). (The last time I accepted one was when I was playing Allods Online on a character whose name was obviously English-speaking - "Quirkygirl" for reasons too tangled to discuss here - except that the guild was all German-speakers, except that none of them ever spoke... I quit it in less than a day.)

(1) Does it count as unsolicited when I log on on both my PCs to have my second account(2) invite my first? If so, then that's the only exception to the rule.

(2) It wasn't originally "my" guild in any way, but since I'm the only member that plays even vaguely often, it might as well be.

Easy rule1: Unsolicited invites get no response and spammers go on ignore list.

Easy rule2: Form your own guild with people that you have good rapport with.

I usually run solo, however times that I were so inclined to be in a guild, I've ran with a small tight group of online friends that shared the same likes for activities and were on at the same time as I was. In my experience, if you're going to join a large guild, do your research first. Play with them and see how they are in chat/voice. Do they match your style? If not, leave! Your time is precious. If the guild is wasting it then move on. Also, stay away from racist, religious, political, and immature people.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

I've only recently (the last month or so) started inviting people to my imp guild on SF.

I've never done the "random invite" as much as I've been tempted to. I've always hated getting them, so I don't do it.

I tend to spit out my "recruitment spam" when I land on a planet to do heroics. If someone contacts me via whisper, or I see it in chat, I'll invite them - as long as they understand they're joining a guild of solo players and not to expect actual grouping with guild members...or even really guild chat.

Also, and this is a personal preference, if someone has an ascii special character in their name, I get annoyed. That means I have to hope that the /reply > copy/paste trick that I was told about actually works (it doesn't always for me) or I have to look up the code. I used to be a little more strict, make them meet me in person so I could invite them that way.

Can anyone explain why Guilds don't want to invite my mom and brother got guild invites on the same day they made a character but I had mine for 5+ years and no invite I feel like the whole swtor people base hate me, all I want is a guild invite that's it nothing much

So, are your mom and brother in a Guild and can't they get their guild(s) to invite you?

Perhaps because your accept guild invites is set to blocked?

Or

As a conspiracy theorist might think.... Perhaps because your mom and brother have already told the guild they are not to invite you under any circumstances......

Though I personally would probably lean more towards the first one.