NO Endgame

Rhoniva

Hi guys,

I've been a SWTOR subscriber for five plus years. Through all the bugs, patches, nerfs, OPs, downloads and hair-pulling frustrations, my girlfriend and I are still addicted to this game. I have 19 toons of which only three are not 75th level. But of late, I've noticed something in the last couple of years...what happened to the story?

Star Wars is an epic. A story that takes place over thousands of years, several generations and dozens of planets. Yet when was the last time we participated in a saga KOTFE or KOTET? I guess Hutt Ball and Swoop Bike races are okay if one is in to that sort of thing. I could just play Madden or Mario Cart too.

But what happened to the story?

Late last year I read an article that said Bioware/EA pulled down 1 billion dollars from SWTOR alone. I don't know if those numbers are accurate or where the author got their numbers from but I do know that I personally have seen little to justify content vs income. Sure, some of the fly-bys are a little tighter, some of the planets look like planets now (as opposed to something that looked like somebody wasted an entire afternoon with a Paint program) and the heaps of dead bodies are finally gone. Most of my toons are dark side so that never really bothered me. Even Belsavis doesn't hitch, grab and burp moving from area to area as badly as it used to. All of those discrepancies could be easily overlooked because there was a mission; an end to one story and the beginning of another.

Onslaught. Yeah, okay. Pirates on Dantooine. Scary. Come on, man. When was the last time we even saw a decent cinematic? I know that there is a pandemic going on and everybody is working from home but Onslaught was eight months ago and we get 6.1.2abcdefg... Swoop bikes. Really?

I have an idea for the next saga if anybody on the writing team is reading this. I think it's reasonably solid but I would actually have to correspond with someone on the team to know if it could happen, if they don't already have something else in the works and that it would not interfere with canon. Before I write a comprehensive outline for this adventure I would need the green light from the Bioware/EA staff. Some remuneration would be fair also, either game-time, stuff for my girl friend and I (she's a software tester btw) or just good old fashioned cash. Sorry, but I don't work for free. Just think about it is all.

And could somebody please, please, please get that butt-ugly Jedi woman off the launcher?

Thanks,

Rhoniva

I'd take decent and NOT one size fits all story content over endgame any day. I want the old Class story quality back, where not everyone had the exact same story.

And lets replace the butt ugly jedi lady with a totally beautiful hutt :D

Edited by DaZeeZee

Star Wars is an epic. A story that takes place over thousands of years, several generations and dozens of planets. Yet when was the last time we participated in a saga KOTFE or KOTET? I guess Hutt Ball and Swoop Bike races are okay if one is in to that sort of thing. I could just play Madden or Mario Cart too.

But what happened to the story?

Lack of ambition + pandering to "want same old boring Imp vs Rep" crowd. What else can be said? Ossus-Onslaught era story is unbelieveably bland, banal, lacks anything original or intriguing, no twists, no new interesting lore, fresh ideas, nothing. The only midly promising aspect is the Scourge/Kira/Satale story which basically is a continuation of OLD stories from SOR/KOTFEET rather than Ossus-Onslaught. And it won't even be released for another half a year...

Players asked to return to Imp vs Rep and Bioware's answer was the lowest-effort and the least-original story job imaginable. Malgus return's been bland and pointless for 1.5 years now. How long till anything interesting will happen with his arc? Another year? Never?

I didn't like many aspects of the previous expansions but dear lord at least I felt some ambition, passion and thought put into each of them. Nowadays? It's like story is being written by an automated script generator. "Imp vs Rep episode 29372342, same as last time, Malgus got another evil plan of the day, story update done, see you in 12 months"...

Edited by Pietrastor