Choice overulled (Romance disappeared)

Welcander

Hello everyone.

I'm in a pretty messed up situation.

I've done six month ago the whole KOTET storyline with my first character without doing KOFTE. I just came back on the game and wanted to try a romance with Lana, so I've done the first 9 chapter of KOFTE, choosing every "flirt" choice with Lana and ending by being in a relationship with her at the end. (I had the "i want to see one of you (flirt)" choice, which I took, choosing Lana and everything went well.

I had even check if the relationship was made in the "partner" menu and it was there.

"Everything's fine" thought I. But it seems I was wrong. Two hours later, when I came back online, i couldn't see in the partner menu the "She has started a relationship with you", even tho I had it few hours ago.

So I wanted to check and I have done once again the Chapter 9 of KOFTE, but this time, I didn't have the choice to have the "flirt" option in the Tantina.

So, my question is : "Do I have to do another character if i want to not have the relationship overruled" ?

redoing the chapters has zero effect as only the first time though works. Also if you skipped the chapters such as by start a level 70 token, doing the chapters will have zero effect, as the story is considered done and does not allow any romance actions/choices. you said you skipped KotFE so you can no longer have the option to romance Lana. So to answer your question, yes all you can do is do the romance with Lana on a different character. Edited by DreadtechSavant

So, my question is : "Do I have to do another character if i want to not have the relationship overruled" ?

You do, but it is *essential* that you play through from level 1 *or* from the beginning of KotFE, because, as you found out, you cannot rewrite your story.

One final note. Make sure to time your new character's journey from the beginning of Chapter III to the end of Chapter IX (of KotFE) so that there are no patches during that time. There's a patch later today, so wait until that's done. If there's a patch *after* you start KotFE Chapter III, but *before* you reach the cantina, *and* you don't want to have the relationship with Theron, you will not get the initial [Flirt] option in the cantina.

Hello everyone.So, my question is : "Do I have to do another character if i want to not have the relationship overruled" ?

Yes, you will need to start a new character if you want to lock in the Lana romance. If you don't want to start from level 1, make a character, buy a "boost to level 70 without completing any story" token (I forget what they are called). You can then skip straight to KotFE via your ship mission thingy. You can do SoR & Ziost for the flirt options with Lana but from what I can find out you won't get a "romance" letter from her (if you do the flirt options with Theron during SoR/Ziost you get a romance letter from Theron when you go missing at the start of KotFE but not from Lana).

Make sure in chapter 9 during the bar/party conversation that you choose the "flirt" option to talk to Lana or you will fail to get her romance (do not choose the non-flirt option to talk to her as you won't get the romance & obviously, don't choose to talk to Theron or Koth).

Edited by Sarova

Yes, you will need to start a new character if you want to lock in the Lana romance. If you don't want to start from level 1, make a character, buy a "boost to level 70 without completing any story" token (I forget what they are called).

Master's Datacron (with or w/out the "and equipment" part) will grant level 70 without completing anything.

Commander's Token is the one that auto completes some of the story (but also creates an additional character slot).

It's essential to play chapters 1-9 in one go in order to guarantee the romance. If there's an update in that time frame, before completing chapter 9, then you need to start over from the beginning of Ch 1 and run through all chapters again. Once you complete Ch. 9, the decisions are saved and there's nothing you can change on the current character.

Nothing is guaranteed though. I did everything correctly and still lost Lana romance on one of my toons; never did figure out why. It's just all around buggy.

Master's Datacron (with or w/out the "and equipment" part) will grant level 70 without completing anything.

Commander's Token is the one that auto completes some of the story (but also creates an additional character slot).

Thank you Sir [or insert favourite title - I like Warlord myself :D] - my ability to use a search engine and/or recall from memory failed me :D

It's essential to play chapters 1-9 in one go in order to guarantee the romance. If there's an update in that time frame, before completing chapter 9, then you need to start over from the beginning of Ch 1 and run through all chapters again. Once you complete Ch. 9, the decisions are saved and there's nothing you can change on the current character.

Chapters III to IX. I had a character who waited for *months* (and at least four patches including the release of 6.0) in front of the melted carbonite block at the beginning of III for me to actually take her through to IX, and she was able to lock in the Lana romance without faffing at all.

And the faff is less burdensome than you imply. When you realise that "2 [Flirt] I want to speak with one of you" is missing, Esc out, flick to any earlier chapter, then flick back to IX and take Theron's flirts before going to the cantina. That re-enables the missing option *and* lets you pick Lana / Koth (depending on your choices).

• 1 month later...

hmm ....

not sure what happen, i flirted only with lana when available.

i did not get the flirt option for lana when talking to her in the chap9 cantina.

does this mean am looked out of a romance with her?

is still havent finished chap 9, can i restart 1 to 9 and redo the romance?

EDIT:

found the reset button

stupid me

it is only available when in the chapter before you finish it and not when you are in your stronghold ;(

Edited by Demieker

All of this talk about completing chapters III through IX in one go to ensure the Lana romance locks in correctly.... out of curiousity, about how long - on average - would anyone say it takes to play through those chapters?

From the beginning of I to the end of IX (more precisely the beginning of X) is five to six hours if you watch all the cinematics and don't (yet) recruit Yuun and the ship droids(1), but it doesn't have to be at one sitting straight through. You just need for there to be no patch between when you leave the carbonite block behind(2) and when you arrive in the cantina. Begin on Friday evening and take it in steps through the weekend if that's easier.(3)

That five to six hour thing doesn't leave much time for just looking at the scenery, but seeing as how your purpose in this exercise is to get flirty with Lana(4), why are you looking at the scenery and not at her?

(1) You can come back later and do them.

(2) The "no patch" time might start as late as the first flirt that your character gets with Lana.

(3) Or do it like I did, er, twice. Start at 9:30pm on Saturday night and finish at about 3am Sunday morning... :eek:

(4) The same guidelines apply to romancing Koth. Since Theron arrives *during* Chapter IX *and* is the usual Flirt-target that people (erroneously) think the atrocity wheel is referring to, nobody ever messes up locking him in.

I've lost romances on 3 of my characters -- two with Lana and one with Theron.

I hit all the Flirt options, it seemed to be going well, and then at some point all the romance options disappeared.

Tech support told me there was no way to get them back and nothing i could do.

They really ought to add some story choices that fast-track us back to those romances.

Heck, even just a terminal where you can pick a character and POOF have a romance locked in, to patch these issues. Maybe make a clickable bottle of wine or vase of flowers on a table in the Odessen cantina...

Edited by Xina_LA

Hello everyone.

I'm in a pretty messed up situation.

I've done six month ago the whole KOTET storyline with my first character without doing KOFTE. I just came back on the game and wanted to try a romance with Lana, so I've done the first 9 chapter of KOFTE, choosing every "flirt" choice with Lana and ending by being in a relationship with her at the end. (I had the "i want to see one of you (flirt)" choice, which I took, choosing Lana and everything went well.

I had even check if the relationship was made in the "partner" menu and it was there.

"Everything's fine" thought I. But it seems I was wrong. Two hours later, when I came back online, i couldn't see in the partner menu the "She has started a relationship with you", even tho I had it few hours ago.

So I wanted to check and I have done once again the Chapter 9 of KOFTE, but this time, I didn't have the choice to have the "flirt" option in the Tantina.

When you redo KotFE/ET chapters after having completed them they do NOT change anything to your current situations. All the decisions you make in replay are ignored for your character. So if you skipped KotFE then there was a set of fixed choices that the game applied based on your class/faction and that's it. So going back will not change anything ever.

So yeah, you have to do it again on another character cause only the first playthrough counts and skipping content and thereby auto-completing it counts as the first playthrough.