Light/Dark Side Choice Defaults If You Skip Ahead

First of all, let me start by saying that I love that we have the option of skipping past KotFE/ET and the traitor storyline by just running Jedi Under Siege. I love that, I appreciate being given the option of NOT having to repeat loads of story that I've done multiple times. It's actually enabled me to catch some toons up in the story that I didn't want to run through all the KotFE/ET.

The one and only criticism I have is that choices for the previous story are set based on faction and not whether you have Ligh or Dark toggled. Not everyone plays Pub characters LS, or Imp characters DS. In fact, I usually play my Imps LS because I find the conflict for the character to be more engaging that way. The problem with this is that with the choices set by your faction, I either have to take the DS hits, end up killing companions I don't want dead, or slog through content that I've run over and over.

Is there any possible way to have the choices default to what a player toggles instead of their faction? Or maybe have a window come up that allows players to click which choices they would make. I hate the assumption that Pub players are gonna choose LS and Imp with choose DS. The game gives us the option to play either faction light or dark.

Is there any possible way to have the choices default to what a player toggles instead of their faction?

YES...

Don't skip it and play the full story.....

Or Skip it and be happy with what you get....

Edited by denavin

Is there any possible way to have the choices default to what a player toggles instead of their faction? Or maybe have a window come up that allows players to click which choices they would make. I hate the assumption that Pub players are gonna choose LS and Imp with choose DS. The game gives us the option to play either faction light or dark.

I agree with the way the Devs have done this (and I never agree with much :D ). If you want to MAKE choices and or gain titles such as Jedi Knight/Master etc then players SHOULD play through the game. If you want to skip it all then the penalty is missing out on certain choices/achievements/titles and this is how it should be. I imagine the work in allowing players to choose light/dark options for everything they skipped is too big for them to put time into UNLESS they make it a profitable option like a CM item in which you can skip and choose light dark options and get the class titles (Darth etc) - if I owned the game and that was agreed as an option I'd price it at 5000cc minimum.

Across 20 toons? No thanks.

Please implement Dark vs Light choices for skipping ahead, BW.

Based on what they've said, I think it won't happen. They were very clear that they think that the price for skipping is that they get to choose the decisions your character makes, and that if you don't want that, you should play the story.

I think the best you could possibly hope for is a change that would make the Light/Dark aspect follow your character's Light/Dark Alignment toggle rather than faction, with the same "save my companion" overrides we have now. Anything more fine-grained than that is a lost cause, not least because of the horrendous UI it would end up with.

Guess my main is never going through anything past SoR then. I've run FE/ET on several toons, beginning to end with the stuff after. I'm not slogging through it again, just to avoid my main sniper killing off people she would leave alive, or destroying things she would leave intact. She's light 5, I'm not messing everything up to play content I don't enjoy. I'll just run the new stuff on different characters. Pity, my sniper is my favorite toon to play, but I'm just not willing to go through some of the things that happen in KotFE with her. Long story, some elements hit too close to home and cause issues.

More than likely what they've currently coded to accommodate the comp choices is such a jumble of spaghetti code by now that unraveling it for players to inject their choices is time best spent elsewhere on other things they can break. Edited by xordevoreaux

More than likely what they've currently coded to accommodate the comp choices is such a jumble of spaghetti code by now that unraveling it for players to inject their choices is time best spent elsewhere on other things they can break.

Yeah, I suspect it has more to do with that than anything else. I think the "punishment for not running content" idea is just silly from a business standpoint. i mean, they get paid for subs, not the specific content played. It would be silly to penalize players for their choice in content.

Edited by DuchessKristania

Across 20 toons? No thanks.

Yes....

I've done it on 15 so far... got 6 more to do.

Please implement Dark vs Light choices for skipping ahead, BW.

No...

Choose the easy way and take what they give you or play the whole 3 to 5 hours of story or less and get to choose what you want.

Edited by denavin