Difficulty modes: Master

Kaam

Hello,

I've created a new toon and I'm wondering what do we gain by increasing the PVE diffculty level of the story?

Additional or more powerful rewards and equipments?

More xp? Better loot? I'm not speaking about the ops, but about the story line.

Is there a badge or something like that telling that you completed chapter 1 in Master Mod?

Many thanks!

The difficulty settings don't apply to the original story. Only to Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne chapters.

You sure of that? Then why can we set different difficulty level (under the radar, right click on the PVE icon)

Maybe I'm suffering from the placebo effect, but I felt the mobs were stronger on Tython in Master Mod.

Maybe time to check my mental health:jawa_angel:

You sure of that? Then why can we set different difficulty level (under the radar, right click on the PVE icon)

Maybe I'm suffering from the placebo effect, but I felt the mobs were stronger on Tython in Master Mod.

You sure you weren't playing the Assault on Tython FP in MM? Those you can change the difficulty setting, but not the original class story.

No I was doing the first few missions, in Master Mod. I felt it was more difficult.

God the Placebo effect.. :eek:

Okay sorry for all the troubles, I'm taking an appointment with a psychiatrist.

You can set the difficulty there so that there is one place to do it as a "by default" mode for the chapters. It's a little confusing, to be sure.

And I'd suggest that it was a dose of confirmation bias rather than placebo, but yes. Open world mobs are shared between all players, so they cannot change (even if you're doing a KotFE/ET chapter in one of the open world parts), and *most* of the mobs you meet on the starter worlds are in the open world.

(Beware: the difficulty adjustments are mostly just changes in mobs' health and outgoing damage, and on Master Mode, those things are a *lot* more than on Veteran, which is a *lot* more than on Story.)

To be fair, it's a confusing design to have an UI-switch just for a couple of "endgame-story" instances.

It shouldn't be much effort for BW to make the difficulty switch apply to the story planets as well: don't change the mobs, change level sync so that a player who wants higher difficulty is capped at a lower level.

Story = planet's level +2 (like it's now)

Veteran = planet's level

Master = planet's level -2

(Liked that ideas so much, I reposted it in suggestions)

As for the original question: where the difficulty setting applies, your only rewards are bragging rights and extra ©XP.

Edited by Mubrak

Many thanks!

It is surely very confusing, and Bioware should give us more information. Its somehow logical that it cannot be applied on shared/ open world. But what about the many solo instances we go into during chapter 1, 2 and 3?

But what about the many solo instances we go into during chapter 1, 2 and 3?

That's a fair point, and all I can do is call on the gods of "old tangled mess of code that bugs out if you look at it sideways". The Chapter 1, 2, 3 code is, they say, a tangled mess of code that was mostly written eight or nine years ago, and the people who wrote it are long since former employees for one reason or another, so their knowledge of it has been lost.

Disclaimer: I know about tangled-mess code because my day job has been "programmer" (although not of video games) for thirty years, and I've seen all manner of goofy messes.