"Reset Available Quest": I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here.

KipAfiras

So, I was running Taris's planetary quest, and my friend and I took a dark side choice, then realized that one of us is the race we were told to kill, and decided to go back and use the light side choice instead. We both abandoned the quest, and we went back to the mission giver NPC.

There's no mark above his head. Not on the guy who starts the storyline, not on any of the three contacts planetside, there's no available quest markers for the planetary quest at all. As far as I can tell, we're locked out of the quest.

So, I submitted a support ticket, hoping that a GM could manually grant my friend and I the quest. I got this back:

"Hello KipAfiras,

My name is <REDACTED>. Thanks for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service and I have reviewed your ticket concerning the abandoned missions.

I realize the situation alike can be upsetting, but be assured I will certainly be able to help you get all the relevent(sic) information on file.

I have reviewed your account logs and it shows you have them(sic) abandoned from the quest list, you can reset the available quest to get this sorted. I truly appreciate your passion towards the game and understanding.

You can check back on the details of this case, and all your other cases, in-game.

Click on Request Help or press Ctrl and / to open your case history.

Regards,

<REDACTED>"

I excised the name of my support contact, because I'm not upset with them. It seems that there's a simple UI solution to my problem, OR they simply misunderstood my conundrum, and that's fine. That said, there doesn't seem to be an option to "reset available mission", unless they're referring to the "Reset Mission" button in the quest log, which I should have used, but can't because I abandoned it like an idiot instead :/

Is this a thing? Am I just missing it, or do I need to submit another support ticket more clearly stating that I have already abandoned the quest, and am unable to re-take it due to no NPC offering it to me?

Sadly, you can't reset the quest anymore as you've already removed it from your mission log. Also, I believe the case is that you're now unable to retake the mission from an NPC since you've removed the quest (happens with most other quest givers too I believe). Edited by Rebamcfan

Despite what the warning message says, often you can restart a quest by going back to the quest giver. In case of a multi stage quest series like the planetary story, you may need to check the NPC that sent you to the current zone or even go back all the way to the start (space station)

In those cases where restarting doesn't work, it really depends on the goodwill of customer service, as there was a clear warning that you may not be able to get the quest again after abandoning it.

Remember, though - most of the folks in CS don't play the game and aren't involved in development, they mainly know the game from the database side, so you need to be as specific as possible. The less annoying research time required to help you, the more likely you will be helped. Give them the server, the name of the char, and the quest you abandoned (you can look up the quest here: http://www.swtor-spy.com/quests/)

Edited by Mubrak

Give them the server, the name of the char, and the quest you abandoned (you can look up the quest here: http://www.swtor-spy.com/quests/)

Watch out for one point: some mission names are not unique. The one I know of for sure is "First Strike" - there are at least two missions called this, and a Sith Inquisitor will see them both.

The first is at the beginning of the Corellia phase of the Inquisitor class story, and the second is the one that all Impsiders see, that sends you to do the Ilum series.

To disambiguate, make sure to include your character's class and the planet that you were working on when you got the mission in question.

• 2 weeks later...