Best Class for Taking Out Key Targets

Dkrewe

Hey guys!! Was curious what the PVP community thinks of this.

What classes do you feel are best at taking out key targets such as a tank or a healer?

From best to worst: Rank what class/spec/build you think are best for this job! (Top 3?)

1)

2)

3)

Looking forward to hearing what everything thinks about this!

When I played heals the worst to face were mara, juggs, snipers, mercs. In that order. Very rarely some ops/scoundrels, sins, or PTs could be on par too, but that's not common.

For some reason there seemed to be a lack of decent DPS stealth when I played and PTs have such abysmal survivability most players didn't play them much. I think the skill level for stealth has to be much higher for DPS to get the most out of them.

PT has ridiculous burst but bad dcds.

Merc is a little worse for burst but has better dcds and most of all net. Net is the be all end all of a players hp bar in pvp and will ensure all but the most talented players die while net is applied.

You can't fight net as any class except merc or maybe sniper. Not to mention merc is by far the most survivable of any dps class. Although sniper and mara can be great if you're skilled enough to manage. Not many people are though and you see far more bad ones than good.

Jugg on the other hand is now semi good as well with all its recent buffs. It is quite survivable again.

Short answer merc is still by far the ultimate noob class for pvp with jugg being in second.

Edited by RACATW

I appreciate the responses! Some of you, however, are answering a question I didn't ask. I don't care about a class being "noob friendly" or easy, just capability to take out key targets (again, mostly healers/tanks/snipers etc) when played correctly.

Again, thank you to everyone who took the time to respond.

I appreciate the responses! Some of you, however, are answering a question I didn't ask. I don't care about a class being "noob friendly" or easy, just capability to take out key targets (again, mostly healers/tanks/snipers etc) when played correctly.

Again, thank you to everyone who took the time to respond.

Yeah. If you can stay on target mara have awesome damage output, juggs do too, scoundrel/ops dps are nasty with all their stuns and roots with underrated burst, and PT has the best burst but fail without some team support.

If you struggle with staying on target, then merc is awesome, has high burst plus nice sustained damage I always enjoyed chasing sorc healers around with my merc. Snipers for ranged also are really nasty to burst targets down.

Just wanted to clarify my answer earlier. :)

What classes do you feel are best at taking out key targets such as a tank or a healer?

From best to worst: Rank what class/spec/build you think are best for this job! (Top 3?)

1)

2)

3)

1) Lightning Sorcerer

2) Concealment Operative

3) Engineering Sniper.

With those I think u can kill heals and tanks due to their yellow damage. But there is a par where jugg skank get boosted dps by engi sniper's slow aoe, this is pretty bad for your group. I mostly don't find anything good enough to kill skank jugg without slowing him to 5 stacks. Literally the most op class of the entire game. Wish someone nerf that...

I don't know the answer u look for, u can easy say sorc or engi are the best but depending on conditions like, stun, push, los etc. Concealment is not a group fighter, but has amazing yellow dps, and internal burst etc

1) Lightning Sorcerer

2) Concealment Operative

3) Engineering Sniper.

With those I think u can kill heals and tanks due to their yellow damage. But there is a par where jugg skank get boosted dps by engi sniper's slow aoe, this is pretty bad for your group. I mostly don't find anything good enough to kill skank jugg without slowing him to 5 stacks. Literally the most op class of the entire game. Wish someone nerf that...

I don't know the answer u look for, u can easy say sorc or engi are the best but depending on conditions like, stun, push, los etc. Concealment is not a group fighter, but has amazing yellow dps, and internal burst etc

LoL, you are either a pvp god on those classes or you are playing against some of the worse healers in the game.

LoL, you are either a pvp god on those classes or you are playing against some of the worse healers in the game.

I think it's also a group utility involvement, the idea is if u can take a tank or a heal by the dps done, if u go mara u can kill a heal but not a tank, idk. if u go pyro pt u easy kill a tank but never touch a healer idk. I stated most universal for compatible dps, I cannot say same about dynamics of pvp, which imply a group vs group fight or 1v1 with a healer/ tank. 1v1 with a healer/ tank I choose concealment, 4v4 I choose Engi etc.

Don't misunderstand. I didn't said anything about playing them against a specific healer.

Edited by ecstazypop

I think it's also a group utility involvement, the idea is if u can take a tank or a heal by the dps done, if u go mara u can kill a heal but not a tank, idk. if u go pyro pt u easy kill a tank but never touch a healer idk. I stated most universal for compatible dps, I cannot say same about dynamics of pvp, which imply a group vs group fight or 1v1 with a healer/ tank. 1v1 with a healer/ tank I choose concealment, 4v4 I choose Engi etc.

Don't misunderstand. I didn't said anything about playing them against a specific healer.

I was really laughing because you put the worst dps spec in the game (lightning sorc) as your number 1 pick to be the best class to kill a healer.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I was really laughing because you put the worst dps spec in the game (lightning sorc) as your number 1 pick to be the best class to kill a healer.

Lightning sorc is the most cancer spec in the game, they literally can face tank ppl with **** ton of dr. Also lightning sorcs has pretty good dps, and its not worst dps class in the game. Idk about pve, but in pvp all sorcs specs a viable (tr as well).

P.S Nobody can solo kill healer, difference only in pressure u can make on them depending on class.

Edited by GUN_GAME

well, dps is weak, true, but it's also mobile enough to hunt or kite. Unlike sniper engi where u have a bombardment arsenal but if enemy went behind object your dps is worse than a lightning and u have to keep up with the kite, which I suppose is not very pleasant for snipers.

People who think Sorc is bad need a reality check. Lighting is very viable with its dps, burst , mobility and dr/ survival ability. Madness too.

Idk but personally I find most success hunting healers on Carnage, Advance Prototype or Rage Jugg but mostly cuz I play those classes. Can see how Concealment could do well, also Engi and marksman too.

well, dps is weak, true, but it's also mobile enough to hunt or kite. Unlike sniper engi where u have a bombardment arsenal but if enemy went behind object your dps is worse than a lightning and u have to keep up with the kite, which I suppose is not very pleasant for snipers.

It's true ling sorcs are very mobile. Also, LOS can be annoying for snipers or mercs, but even for lings LOS applies they are not running much dot dps and still need to see their targets to land attacks. Also, good mercs and good snipers have little problem staying on target regardless of LOS objects.

The thing is ling sorc burst is a complete joke. I never once had a ling sorc apply pressure on me alone that could make me break a sweat when on my healers. Anything a ling sorc did to my healer, I could easily overheal. On my merc dps, I could single-handedly run a sorc around enough to kill them if they got no support and I am not the best merc player. I could never do that on my ling sorc, and never had a ling sorc do that to any of my healers.

People who think Sorc is bad need a reality check. Lighting is very viable with its dps, burst , mobility and dr/ survival ability. Madness too.

Madness is better than ling, even madness can eek out some slight burst and it's dots can hurt if the toon is geared optimally. Ling sorc burst is a joke, has been for 2 years. The class has nice survivability but considering it's supposed to be a burst spec, it hardly meets those standards. Viable is any class in the right hands, saying a class is "viable" is just mush mouth generalization that doesn't really mean anything. They really ought to take down some of the survivability of the ling sorc and add damage/burst to their attacks.

Lightning sorc is the most cancer spec in the game, they literally can face tank ppl with **** ton of dr. Also lightning sorcs has pretty good dps.

"Pretty good" dps. Another generalized statement regarding ling damage, pretty good compared to who and in what context? In PVP I personally place ling sorc as the least impressive, least worrying spec in the game. I had a pal who was a really good ling sorc who loved the spec, and sure he always put up huge numbers nearly always top in the match, but I also faced him and guess what? Even in his hands I didn't fear his attacks lol. His huge numbers were admittedly mostly fluff AE damage!

We ended up grouping after he invited my merc dps, why? Because I would melt him and chase him all over the maps whenever I seen him rofl. He claimed the class had "ok" burst, but even he would switch to madness at times just for more killing power. He preferred the ling play style though, so usually stuck with that. I just think the majority of people would agree the ling sorc needs better burst. It's "ok" damage isn't enough and it's AE is just fluff mostly.

TL;DR

lightning sorcs need some serious overhauling, especially in the burst section. Madness could use some changes too, the meta has been stale for far too long! I'd be happy to hear sorcs were back on top as the apex PVP class in damage.

The madness spec should melt harder with dots, and the ling spec ought to have burst that hits like a truck, not like a wet noodle. Ling sorcs are highly mobile and do enjoy some DR, but imo these don't make the class fearful in PVP at all. Madness might lack some of the mobility ling has, but at least it's damage continues even if the target runs off or is LOS due to the dots ticking. Both need upgrades and improvements though.

Edited by Lhancelot

1)

2)

3)

1) Carnage Marauder

2) Marksmanship Sniper

3) Depends on what kind of pvp were talking about... Basically Id give it to Fury most likely, but maybe also concealment if its not tr and maybe also AP... 3rd spot in this question is a lot harder to answer than the first 2 imho

#Lhance :

Few teams on DM play lightning as dps and games I played against were very tough. Whether it being double lightning or sorc plus mara. Maybe it isn’t strongest set up but definately good and not easy to play against ; never stacking , high dps and lot of yellow dmg really makes an impact. Also utility is important and specs have plenty. I would take lightning in my team over Merc...

There is even more lightning then madness in solos or was last time I played few weeks ago.

Lightning players did great in last URC too.

Spec is good.

Play it or play against good ones and you will see.

#Lhance :

Few teams on DM play lightning as dps and games I played against were very tough. Whether it being double lightning or sorc plus mara. Maybe it isn’t strongest set up but definately good and not easy to play against ; never stacking , high dps and lot of yellow dmg really makes an impact. Also utility is important and specs have plenty. I would take lightning in my team over Merc...

There is even more lightning then madness in solos or was last time I played few weeks ago.

Lightning players did great in last URC too.

Spec is good.

Play it or play against good ones and you will see.

Something must have changed drastically from now since 2-3 months ago then. Seriously, even the best ling sorcs were more a nuisance than anything. Never ran into one ling sorc that made me nervous in a wz.

By far the worst to face for me were top tier mara, sniper, and mercs. Juggs could really be tough too. Less commonly good PT and good scoundrel/operatives but they were far more rare and far between.

Is Deception Assassin last-place among the DPS in PvP or something? I would have thought their burst would net them somewhere in the listing but not one person has mentioned them yet.

you may never generalize in pvp... its entirely different thing talking about either sr, dueling, regs or tr...

eg. merc dps very good at sr and regs, mid range for duels and shut for tr

hatred assassins are pretty decent for a pressure comp but that has nothing to do with your original question...

deception is mid range for sr and good for dueling (albeit not the best) and extremely gpod at regs... however not really viable for a hardswap comp in tr..

its not like they cant be used for taking down a healer or tank in regs but other classes are way better at it

Is Deception Assassin last-place among the DPS in PvP or something? I would have thought their burst would net them somewhere in the listing but not one person has mentioned them yet.

deception/infiltration is most definitely not in last place. the burst is nothing super special, more of consistent medium size hits than anything else. The main advantage this spec has tho is a very good amount of control with all the ccs and taunts/guard availability which really make the spec shine in smaller skirmishes 2v2, 4v4. its more of a tactical spec than brute force, so yeah I would personally say that it is not the worst spec as a dps.