'The Beastmaster' Title: how long did it take you to lose the will to live?

Sarova

Does anyone have The Beastmaster title? How long did it take you? I decided to do some achievements earlier this week and started on The Beastmaster. Completed Voss, since that one was nearly done, started Alderaan - time-consuming but I can see it's easily doable. For a break I did the Nerf Herder title and while I was on Hoth, I thought I'd do some of the Beastmaster kills, until I saw how many Wampas & creatures are needed. I sort of lost the will to live (well to go on with that achievement) at that point! :eek: But now that I've started I must finish! Any advice (other than give up) would be useful. If there's a thread somewhere already on it link it, as I could not find one (lots of smaller planet specific ones but no whole title one).

Its actually pretty easy. Only 2 hard moments:

1) Mutated colicoids on Balmorra. The mobs needed are on the plato you can't normally get to. See youtube for workarounds. There are, allegebly, mobs that you can get to, but they have a long respawn timer.

2) Only JK and SW can get Sand Demon entry, cause this mob exist inside story area. Not even Dreadseeded Sand Demon works for it. And if you done JK and SW before achievements existed like I did, you are screwed and need to roll a new char. because Customer Service wont grant you the entry and will promise to fix the bug in future.

P.S. Asking a fellow player to go with him into the instance doesn't work. You can do it and kill mob, but the game won't grand the codex entry. I checked.

Edited by Gelious

I have it and Loremaster too (Loremaster was actually worse for me). 'Beastmaster' took me about three evenings of play. The part I hated most was having to wait for the monster on the island on DK. It didn't seem to spawn often. Then it occurred to me to instance hop and that made it better.

Thanks for the tips guys! :) Fortunately I've done the SW kill several times since achieves existed. I did not know about the hard-to-access plateau so thanks. Lunafox, I am also wanting to do Loremaster - thanks for the heads-up :D

I was checking through and some areas I've already completed just by beastslaying whilst questing and exploring which is good for me. 3 evenings play doesn't sound too bad, though I do get bored of long grinds, especially when the mobs are spread out like on Hoth.

I have it and Loremaster too (Loremaster was actually worse for me). 'Beastmaster' took me about three evenings of play. The part I hated most was having to wait for the monster on the island on DK. It didn't seem to spawn often. Then it occurred to me to instance hop and that made it better.

hehehe...i did that, too.

I thought I'd do some of the Beastmaster kills, until I saw how many Wampas & creatures are needed.

That's not Beastmaster. To get the title you only need to do the <Beastmaster of (planet)> achievements, not the ones under Beasts.

If you do want specific locations to grind kills though I know most of them.

That's not Beastmaster. To get the title you only need to do the <Beastmaster of (planet)> achievements, not the ones under Beasts.

If you do want specific locations to grind kills though I know most of them.

Thank you! So rather than beast kills, it's just beast Lore objects (kill the specific beast needed)? That makes it much quicker if it is. This is why I asked because I was sure I was doing it wrong.

A list of beast locations for the various beasts needed will be useful for everyone please :)

Is there any title reward for killing all the beasts required for "beasts of [xxxx]" planet? If not, I won't bother.

Thank you! So rather than beast kills, it's just beast Lore objects (kill the specific beast needed)? That makes it much quicker if it is. This is why I asked because I was sure I was doing it wrong.

A list of beast locations for the various beasts needed will be useful for everyone please :)

They should all be listed here.

Is there any title reward for killing all the beasts required for "beasts of [xxxx]" planet?

No