Best Spec for Sent end game

thebizdog

So just came back to swtor noticed changes specially with watchman i see they had a nerf to the healing. Just curious to everyone's opinion what is the best spec for sent end game for pve? Should i stay watchman or change was looking at going combat but not sure i did start with it but quickly changed when i found out watchman was better lol.

"Best" is subjective. Basing your raid spec decisions on dummy parses is never a good idea. Pick the spec you like the most and run with it; learn to adapt and adjust your strategy accordingly, and you'll do fine. My Sentinel is, always has been, and always shall be, Combat because I greatly enjoy the style and gameplay; and he has done just fine in DF/DP HM.

I will, however, second Adaliaya in saying that the best players will swap on a fight-by-fight basis, especially since current content mechanics change boss to boss such that each spec has its own niche encounter(s). Single-target burn fights (like Nefra, Tyrans) will very heavily favor Watchman, while frenetic target-swap/add fights (like Brontes, Bestia) will favor Combat or Focus.

• 2 weeks later...
"Best" is subjective. Basing your raid spec decisions on dummy parses is never a good idea. Pick the spec you like the most and run with it; learn to adapt and adjust your strategy accordingly, and you'll do fine. My Sentinel is, always has been, and always shall be, Combat because I greatly enjoy the style and gameplay; and he has done just fine in DF/DP HM.

I will, however, second Adaliaya in saying that the best players will swap on a fight-by-fight basis, especially since current content mechanics change boss to boss such that each spec has its own niche encounter(s). Single-target burn fights (like Nefra, Tyrans) will very heavily favor Watchman, while frenetic target-swap/add fights (like Brontes, Bestia) will favor Combat or Focus.

Agreed. However, until they put in dual-spec feature I prefer not switching specs between bosses. It's a pain and carnage is much more fun than annihilation so I stick with that full time.