Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Karkais
04.16.2013 , 06:53 AM | #951
Another thing... is valor used for anything now? The vendor pvp gear doesn't seem to have any valor requirements..
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Telree
04.16.2013 , 07:01 AM | #952
The sheer amount of whine and rage in this thread is astounding.........

Zez-Kai-Ell
04.16.2013 , 07:03 AM | #953
Well they simply have made our previous work useless, some people say pvp gear dont work in open world pvp, which i think is not true, but anyway seems devs have clearly no idea what are doing so.. lets see what will happen, unsubs or whatever..

lxynl
04.16.2013 , 07:12 AM | #954
Quote: Originally Posted by BatmanBinSuprman View Post
The whole point of bolster is to make it even for everybody.. What? Did you want to go back and bash on undergeared people and feel good about yourself?

Interesting seeing alot of blind/incompetent people thinking they're good in pvp when the game itself caters towards people with BiS gear against those with no gear.

Not saying you're blind or incompetent personally but seriously.. if you thought the pvp was fair to begin with.......

............... lol.
If you think bolster did anything to make pvp fair.....then lol. BW could have re-done the stats on pvp gear to make them closer without bolster. BW set up the gear grind, set the stats on gear, then is going to invalidate all that gear, hahaha, then explain the reason for a gear grind if it doesnt produce better gear. BW is stupid.

islander
04.16.2013 , 07:12 AM | #955
So, how screwed up is bolster now?

edit: Wait, did they just completely trash old WH gear?
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

islander
04.16.2013 , 07:13 AM | #956
Quote: Originally Posted by Zez-Kai-Ell View Post
Well they simply have made our previous work useless, some people say pvp gear dont work in open world pvp, which i think is not true, but anyway seems devs have clearly no idea what are doing so.. lets see what will happen, unsubs or whatever..
Those people are idiots. It does work in open world.

Gnoblesse
04.16.2013 , 07:14 AM | #957
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkusBiggus View Post
With expertise crystals being pointless now, can some method of trading them in for a crystal of the same colour but different (useful) stat be introduced? Like a vendor that sells every colour crystal of every stat and the cost of purchase is one expertise crystal of the same colour. (or even any crystal of the same colour)

Some folk have paid around 2million credits for a purple expertise crystal on GTN and I have personally spent quite a lot of warzone comms on baradium flux to craft quite a few purple expertise crystals for my alts. If I can at least exchange them for same colour of other stats I won't feel cheated out of quite a lot of wz comms.

Please take this seriously, those crafted crystals are not a trivial investment of resources however they were acquired.
I would also like to see this (I have a white crystal that I am going to have to pull now.)

islander
04.16.2013 , 07:18 AM | #958
Quote: Originally Posted by Yamahara View Post
I just want to see what happened to some of the mods i pulled from my old wh gear and put in place of some of the useless mods that were in my new partisan gear.. The update about it on here and the patch notes are confusing me..well..it is 4:35 am that might be my problem
Yeah, this is my concern also. Although its not like I threw out my partisan mods....I just preferred my old WH mods/enhancers, being they were statistically optimized for my style of play and marginally worse (Just a loss of endurance)

Karkais
04.16.2013 , 07:23 AM | #959
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
So, how screwed up is bolster now?

edit: Wait, did they just completely trash old WH gear?
Apparently not. My first games with the new expertise-less gear seemed fine.

But I am confused about valor now. Apparently its not used for anythign at all anymore, if you don't count wearing the old crafted WH gear?
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

islander
04.16.2013 , 07:28 AM | #960
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Apparently not. My first games with the new expertise-less gear seemed fine.

But I am confused about valor now. Apparently its not used for anythign at all anymore, if you don't count wearing the old crafted WH gear?
Valor has been meaningless since.... 1.2?