Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

underjollyroger
04.10.2013 , 02:36 AM | #551
I totally like the new bolster system. I quit the game a month ago, because it just isn't my thing to destroy ungeared players. Being a subscriber from the beginning I already have several geared toons. The outcome of a WZ was always dependent on who has more ungeared players on their team. So lately I stopped playing for objectives and was just trying to isolate another geared player for some 1:1 - usually always the same min/maxed guys.

Yesterday I logged in again - and pvp was so much fun! No stupid gear anymore and everyone on a equal basis. played just 5 matches, but absolutey enjoyed it! I had fights on an equal basis with guys I had never seen before! One match i got teamed up with a top geared premade and we almost lost!

I hope it stays like that.

Twin
04.10.2013 , 02:38 AM | #552
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceGabriell View Post
another sidenote considering TTK. They can remove the bloody resolve bar altogether now...
Yeah, that's part of the problem right now in the pre55's. TTK is much faster now, but stuns and CC still have their original effect...this means that a stun now removes control from me during much more % of my lifespan then earlier, since the actual lifespan is shorter. -This ofc gives a frustrating feelling of allways getting stunned to death, specially if 2 or more burst DPSers are coordinated together with a stun and a 2-3 highdmg attacks each.
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Twin
04.10.2013 , 03:05 AM | #553
Another thing i was thinking about is the mainstat increases we can get from our skilltrees. Is there any reason to pick those up or will Bolster boost them to about the same levels anyway? Or are those 1-3% extra "Endurance" calculated last in order so that it adds on top of bolster and other increases/decreases?
TWINMOON

Atramar
04.10.2013 , 03:19 AM | #554
Quote: Originally Posted by wojtekimiolczyk View Post
He is saying that naked bolster doesn't exist in 55 lvl? Yesterday had a wz after waiting like 2hours for it on 55lvl when i took off every single item on me except lightsaber i had more WP than with full ewh augmented + some partisian and 1 conqueror item so that's basically bull******** players that the naked bolster does not affect 55lvl wzs.
EWH is a bad example. you should test with Tier1 L 55 pvp.
old elite gear is below 'new recruit entry level'
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Xerain
04.10.2013 , 03:20 AM | #555
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I am grabbing questions/feedback from this thread and passing it on to the PvP and combat teams. I should have answers to some of your questions, etc. a bit later on today. Thanks!

-eric
There's nothing wrong with bolster LOL. People don't seem to understand that we're scaled to level 55 and that we're gaining more from that. With the bolster being on slot now people don't understand nothing in the slot = level 55 and if there's something in the slot you get a slight buff off it.

Gear doesn't matter in the lower brackets guys and at 55 the bolster is only going to go to the base stats and not going to be better than the top tier pvp gear for the level 55 bracket.

Sense. I made some.

Twin
04.10.2013 , 03:29 AM | #556
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
There's nothing wrong with bolster LOL. People don't seem to understand that we're scaled to level 55 and that we're gaining more from that. With the bolster being on slot now people don't understand nothing in the slot = level 55 and if there's something in the slot you get a slight buff off it.

Gear doesn't matter in the lower brackets guys and at 55 the bolster is only going to go to the base stats and not going to be better than the top tier pvp gear for the level 55 bracket.

Sense. I made some.
Congratulations.

Oh, btw they stated in this very thread that it's indeed bugged in more then 1 way.

Thank you for your contribution.
TWINMOON

Ycoga
04.10.2013 , 03:43 AM | #557
Thank you for that update Eric.

There's no such thing as perfect code.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Arutar
04.10.2013 , 03:48 AM | #558
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
There's nothing wrong with bolster LOL.
You totally missed the second developer post where they stated that bolster is officially messed up.

LOL?

picee
04.10.2013 , 04:10 AM | #559
wouldnt the issue be solved if bolster just gave everyone the same stats it would be an even playing field regardless off naked or dressed once again pts working as intended this bug was on the pts and actually made it in to game ....

time to open ticketting for the pts

i tested it i used the naked bug on the pts

i didnt report it why cus off the hassle writing it on the forums !!!
PIEC PICEE TILLIE-D soul-patch PIC'EE PICE'E RHENDILIL DAMA-NINO PIICEE PICE'E PICEEGDALI'S go-figure

Slurmez
04.10.2013 , 04:13 AM | #560
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I am grabbing questions/feedback from this thread and passing it on to the PvP and combat teams. I should have answers to some of your questions, etc. a bit later on today. Thanks!

-eric
See, now that sounds very much like the current state of the pre 55 wz are working as intended in spite of the earlier dev post saying its broke. "Questions/feedback" makes out that the playerbase just dont understand the issues which were pointed out and reported extensively on test. It could have been avoided for the most part if a sensible stats cap was put in place, you could have even put in a modifier for stances.

I did a few warzones on a 50 sniper and it was pure bs, i melted literally everything in full pve gear (i did not go naked) where a 5k+ hit was previously a rarity, almost everything leaving my gun hit for 7-8.5k. I was also incredibly mobile as a marksman spec, head towards them, leg shot (now 35 meters) outside any jump range, crouch, pew pew pew dead and next target.