Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Skylarc's Avatar


Skylarc
05.06.2013 , 04:58 PM | #1451
Quote: Originally Posted by Khalhazar View Post
From what I've heard from my PvE tank friends... that's just as much reason, if not more, to grind Pv*E* gear for PvP.
The only PvE gear that would have any positive affect would be top tier underworld, and it is negligible against full conq. All my Elite comm level gear comes up short of conq.

Conq tank gear, with augs, puts most shadows/sins at 38-40k health. You wouldn't get any higher in PvE gear.
Akil'zon: 55 Combat Medic: <The Elite>
Skylarc: 55 Defense Guardian: <The Elite>
Akil'zen: Marksmanship Sniper: <We got death star>

EFSoupy's Avatar


EFSoupy
05.06.2013 , 04:59 PM | #1452
I thought the entire point of different gear sets was to ensure that to be competitive in high end PvP one didn't need to be competitive in high end PvE and vice versa. Optimizing your PvE or PvP gear shouldn't be contingent upon doing the other.
Gear doesn't make bad players good (there are some geared out PvPers on our server who are terrible), and bolster won't fix the bad players. Often times though gear and skill are gained simultaneously though. People do learn how to PvP as they're being ground to dust over and over again. If people want to be competitive, let them learn as the underdog, it forces resourcefulness.
Lastly, if we're bolstering PvE armor for PvP, can we bolster PvP for PvE? I would love for expertise to give me a stat buff for PvE content.
Azucena- Vanguard (Shield/Assault), Moco - Scoundrel (Sawbones), Chapulin - Shadow (Kinetic/ Infiltration), Cagafuego - Commando (Gunnery)
<The Eternal Guardians>
Begeren Colony

MajinDeath's Avatar


MajinDeath
05.06.2013 , 05:21 PM | #1453
Under the bolster as it stands a terrible player wearing terrible gear can dish out serious damage to an experienced good player wearing top tier gear just because they can swing a lightsaber & hit a smash button.

Darkshadz's Avatar


Darkshadz
05.06.2013 , 05:25 PM | #1454
Quote: Originally Posted by MajinDeath View Post
Under the bolster as it stands a terrible player wearing terrible gear can dish out serious damage to an experienced good player wearing top tier gear just because they can swing a lightsaber & hit a smash button.
Err no. The more experienced player will roflstomp that terrible player.

MikeTheDuke's Avatar


MikeTheDuke
05.06.2013 , 05:26 PM | #1455
My thought with a bolster system, which is neeed should only be based on Expertise. Make all other gear PvE gear and those competing with basic gear can still provide some competition as they have their expertise boosted.

But most of my experience in warzone was pre 50. or 55, and it was very uneven due simply to the abilities, someone coming in at level 10, just can't compete with someone at level 49.

The same problem exists but to a lesser extent now. But there are other solutions to this conundrum than merely boosting stats. But I am sure it will work itself out.
I post about Star Wars on my blog. Check it out
http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...ory/star-wars/
MikeDodgers @YouTube

Elfa's Avatar


Elfa
05.06.2013 , 05:28 PM | #1456
Delicious PVP'er tears taste the best....
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

MajinDeath's Avatar


MajinDeath
05.06.2013 , 05:31 PM | #1457
ok well then take 2 experienced players 1 with good gear & 1 & with bad gear should they still be relatively equal?

Jeeses's Avatar


Jeeses
05.06.2013 , 05:36 PM | #1458
Quote: Originally Posted by MajinDeath View Post
ok well then take 2 experienced players 1 with good gear & 1 & with bad gear should they still be relatively equal?

When you throw human error etc in the mix its impossible to really say, however in theory the one with better gear should come on top. BW are trying to make it so bad gear vs good gear is about skill and only slightly influenced by the quality of gear each player has

Darkshadz's Avatar


Darkshadz
05.06.2013 , 05:37 PM | #1459
Quote: Originally Posted by MajinDeath View Post
ok well then take 2 experienced players 1 with good gear & 1 & with bad gear should they still be relatively equal?
Maybe. What class are those 2 players? What gear is the one with bad gear wearing (or in other words how bad his gear is)? It would be easy to say that the winner would be the one with better gear but a little mistake (because experienced player can make mistakes) can turn the tide of the battle. What's your point?

edit: Jeeses beat me to it :P

Jeeses's Avatar


Jeeses
05.06.2013 , 05:39 PM | #1460
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkshadz View Post
Maybe. What class are those 2 players? What gear is the one with bad gear wearing (or in other words how bad his gear is)? It would be easy to say that the winner would be the one with better gear but a little mistake (because experienced player can make mistakes) can turn the tide of the battle. What's your point?

edit: Jeeses beat me to it :P

Haha i wrote my answer so quickly then looked at it and went "DA***" and re-wrote it, then submitted again. and then "DA***" again and re-re-wrote it. But yes we're on the same page!