Things you like about the galactic strongholds.

kashelu

I wanted to voice my appreciation to the developers for allowing you to quickly jump from the fleet to your stronghold and back again, arriving in the same place you were originally on fleet. Made my life so much easier these first few days while getting everything situated. Thank you.

Pro's are definately the logistics improvement for the whole legacy:

- Legacy bank (ok, that is basically full of crafting materials, and not even those fit properly - and I'm too greedy for more than 3 tabs) makes alt-crafting really a quick thing. This is definately nice. (not for making creds, though - the price will NEVER make you leave that with a positive balance).

- Being able to place: Legacy Bank, GTN, Cargo, Mail, Vendor right next to one another (and on the entry field of the stronghold - AWESOME. Now if only this wouldn't mean I need to have all these things on the balcony in NS... but in this case: Function TRUMPS style. I might consider placing the constellation in a corner... On the other hand: the quick 'stronghold+grab+back' is SO worth keeping it right next to the entry...

- Having Cross-Faction places in a game that allows characters from both factions. Too bad that the two strongholds with the mood I like best (Coru and DK) are faction only, and I WILL NOT pay smugglers fee everytime I want to go there: See Function trumps Style.

Maybe some day the entry-point will be movable. Then I could make a real 'logistics room'. For now it remains the logistics Balcony. Hmmm.... are there placable turrets & flak (anti-aircraft-cannons) & SAMs (anti-aircraft-missiles)? That with a few guards would probably make a cool "quick stop, if you play nice" smugglers/bountyhunter haven... I could turn the back rooms into "storage and recreation" and "slave bins" xD

I do have some criticisms, but I will only list things I like here as requested.

1) QoL improvement

This is a huge QoL improvement IMO. Having the ability to place the many terminals available, use the Stronghold as a travel point and/or a substitute for our starships is great IMO. Especially like that I can return where I came from to the stronghold even if I log out. It's likely my new log out point for all my characters.

2) Texture work

The textures on most of the items I have seen are fantastic, including the Strongholds themselves. Great job here.

3) Almost completely bug free launch

This is a big one that deserves some kudos IMO. I have found few if any bugs in this release that effect the game in general, and that deserves some praise.

4) Makeb changes

The buff and the reduction of mob density is fantastic IMO. Makeb is much easier now, much more fun to engage in the content. Love the idea of it being a buff that one can choose to avoid if they wish.