when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?(protest)

watermelonfan

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 2 months to fix a simple issue.

Probably not. But they likely aren't working on this at all, because it is a minor bug that has zero impact on gameplay. It's not at all uncommon for minor cosmetic bugs in other games to go unfixed for months or even years.

Most lead developers will prioritize cosmetic-only bugs below every other bug that has actual gameplay impact. Its likely that this bug will be fixed and slipped into some patch at some point, but it's silly to think that this would be given priority over almost any other bug.

Whenever they fix a bug they create about 3 new bugs, so yes it adds up because they usually don't go back and fix the new bugs they created.

No, you're still wrong. For every bug you see them fix, they fix at least a half dozen you never knew about. That's just standard experience for software services like this. You think its true because you simply aren't paying attention and are cherry-picking your evidence. Compound that with confirmation bias and --presto!-- you come to your incorrect conclusion.

Each patch does create new bugs. That's the nature of continual releases. If you think that isn't normal, then I think you don't know much about software. Bugfixes rarely create new bugs. Most bugs come from new features interacting poorly with existing features. SWTOR has had its fair share of these over the last couple year, and the grand majority of them have been fixed. You just don't see it because most people simply don't pay enough attention to notice when something is working properly. They only see the times when its not.

and Sith assassin sucks. They only get 100 force. why would anyone want to play that class? its not very productive. They need atleast 200 force to be worth while.

... and so not only do you not understand development, but you don't understand game balance, either. Shadows and Assassins are the champions of burst damage. The only thing that limits their dominance is the fact that their burst period is short, limited largely by their force pool. If you doubled that, Shadows and Assassins would be able to sit behind a target and unleash 7 to 10 consecutive Shadow Strike/Mauls.

That would be... really, really bad for game balance. It's very silly to suggest that.

For something is a minor annoyance as people say I cant play my jedi knight till its fixed I have reported this bug twice over the past 6 week and will not return to the game till it is fixed I have payed to play since launch out of my love for star wars and to give them the support they need to help give them cash for future content for everybody. I pay on 6 month subs but if this isn't fixed by my next sub date I will cancel and move on to another mmo eg eso if they can not support my bug fix reports and be egnored then they don't deserve my support also. I have played jedi knight since launch and do not role other classes so to see a bug like that ever time I use my saber throw abilitys over the course of 2 month is like nails on a chalk board...

thank you!!!! Finally someone that understands. He explained it even better than I did. This is exactly how I feel. I wish there were more people like him. Developers please fix this.

Probably not. But they likely aren't working on this at all, because it is a minor bug that has zero impact on gameplay. It's not at all uncommon for minor cosmetic bugs in other games to go unfixed for months or even years.

Most lead developers will prioritize cosmetic-only bugs below every other bug that has actual gameplay impact. Its likely that this bug will be fixed and slipped into some patch at some point, but it's silly to think that this would be given priority over almost any other bug.

No, you're still wrong. For every bug you see them fix, they fix at least a half dozen you never knew about. That's just standard experience for software services like this. You think its true because you simply aren't paying attention and are cherry-picking your evidence. Compound that with confirmation bias and --presto!-- you come to your incorrect conclusion.

Each patch does create new bugs. That's the nature of continual releases. If you think that isn't normal, then I think you don't know much about software. Bugfixes rarely create new bugs. Most bugs come from new features interacting poorly with existing features. SWTOR has had its fair share of these over the last couple year, and the grand majority of them have been fixed. You just don't see it because most people simply don't pay enough attention to notice when something is working properly. They only see the times when its not.

... and so not only do you not understand development, but you don't understand game balance, either. Shadows and Assassins are the champions of burst damage. The only thing that limits their dominance is the fact that their burst period is short, limited largely by their force pool. If you doubled that, Shadows and Assassins would be able to sit behind a target and unleash 7 to 10 consecutive Shadow Strike/Mauls.

That would be... really, really bad for game balance. It's very silly to suggest that.

this glitch does affect gameplay. seeing my lightsaber turn random colors for 2 seconds every minute is annoying. As a result I don't enjoy the game as much. Its like a nails on a chalk board. just like Ven-Zallow said. We need more people like him.

and how would having 200 force allow a shadow/Assassin to use 7 to 10 consecutive shadow strikes/mauls? It cost 50 force each time. 50 x 4= 200. that's 4 times. not 7 to 10 times.

and how would having 200 force allow a shadow/Assassin to use 7 to 10 consecutive shadow strikes/mauls? It cost 50 force each time. 50 x 4= 200. that's 4 times. not 7 to 10 times.

I didn't realize that Shadow/Assassins didn't regen force over time. :tran_tongue:

thank you!!!! Finally someone that understands.

The developers almost certainly understand you. Understanding isn't the problem. Agreeing is the problem. I strongly suspect that they disagree on the importance of this bug.

Developers please fix this.

Counter Argument: Developers please hold off on fixing this and focus on bugs that actually have game play impact.

this glitch does affect gameplay. seeing my lightsaber turn random colors for 2 seconds every minute is annoying.

Yes, but its just annoying. Does it fail to have any effect? Does it fail to do the stated damage? Does it prevent you from using other abilities? Does it produce unintended side effects on your character or the target?

No? Then its not affecting gameplay. It's purely cosmetic. Loads of people are annoyed by clipping equipment or weird pistol sounds or the fact that the Blood Red Crystal shares very little in common with red blood. Being annoyed while playing the game doesn't mean that it affects gameplay. Please at least try to be reasonable here.

Seriously?

Okay. Deception Assassins (I'll skip mentioning the Shadow mirror) have 110 Force currently (thanks to +10 skill point). That gives them enough force to fire off two mauls without thinking. However, it takes 3 seconds to do that, and force regeneration will continue to build force between strikes at 12/sec thanks to the +50% regen rate from Dark Embrace. At just over three seconds, you can fire off the third Maul. At that point, it is very likely that you've triggered Duplicity, and the next Maul (or one of the previous ones) will cost just 12 Force... which you built up waiting for the GCD. That's a free Maul in there. That's four Mauls. There's a very good chance that at least one triggered Dark Charge, hitting for extra damage and restoring another 10 Force. At that point, we've fired four Mauls in six seconds and got two damage bonuses to boot. Mathematically, we'd have somewhere between 0 and 30 force. And that's starting with 110.

The only thing that gets worse with 210 is that Dark Embrace would have ended after the first four hits. So, we're forced to use Blackout, which puts us back at 12/second regeneration, plus 15 force immediately, putting us close to 150 force. Fire off three more Mauls, regenerate another 50 force, fire off the eight Maul. Somewhere in there, you trigger another Dark Charge giving you enough Force for yet another Maul after a fraction of a second.

Now, chaining those Mauls isn't the best strategy. It requires you to not have bad luck, and you can actually do more damage by varying things, but the point here was to show how silly of an idea this was. With 200 Force, an Assassin would be able to chain high damage, high-cost abilities almost constantly for 12 seconds without running out of Force. That is absolutely not the way you should play an Assassin. The thing that separates good players from bad ones is the ability to manage their resources. A good Assassin would have tossed Discharge or Shock into the mix, with a leg slash to force a Duplicity strike somewhere. All that is possible with just 110 Force. Doubling it would make it silly.

blood red crystal not looking blood red isn't a fair comparsion. This is because that particular crystal doesn't randomly change colors. Nether do any of the other colors. saber throw randomly changes colors. this is super annoying. Its the worst glitch I have ever experienced.

• 2 weeks later...
BW, please fix this bug. I know it's only cosmetic and doesn't break any mechanics or core game function but it's been nearly 2 months and it is rather annoying especially since we like looking at those nice saber colors we often pay well for. Edited by Projawa

Oh please, quit being so dramatic. Just because there is a glitch does not make us any less of fans. The only thing that matters is that we understand it will fixed eventually and if you want to leave because of that then it is you who isn't the the true fan. Because if you were you would be patient.

We waited 2 frequently months. That is extremely patient. Please stop being a Bioware fanboy. this fix is way overdue.

• 2 weeks later...

Protesting and Demanding will get you nothing. I recommend that you move on before this gets out of hand.

Your $15 a month allows you play the game and post on the forums. It doesn't mean you can do anything else except follow the in-game rules and forum rules.

This will get fixed when it gets fixed but not before other game breaking bugs get fixed first. This isn't game breaking at all.

Now sit tight, enjoy your lollipop and be patient.

Protesting and Demanding will get you nothing. I recommend that you move on before this gets out of hand.

Your $15 a month allows you play the game and post on the forums. It doesn't mean you can do anything else except follow the in-game rules and forum rules.

This will get fixed when it gets fixed but not before other game breaking bugs get fixed first. This isn't game breaking at all.

Now sit tight, enjoy your lollipop and be patient.

I've already been very patient. I've been waiting for over 2 months. and what do you mean before this gets out of hand? what could possibly happen. And this glitch does break the game. It makes the game unenjoyable. the color white is lame. I don't want my lightsaber always turning white when I throw it. That is messed up.

I've already been very patient. I've been waiting for over 2 months. and what do you mean before this gets out of hand? what could possibly happen. And this glitch does break the game. It makes the game unenjoyable. the color white is lame. I don't want my lightsaber always turning white when I throw it. That is messed up.

It makes it unenjoyable for you. Not for everyone. Therefor it's not gamebreaking, it's simply a matter of personal opinion.

And by gets out of hand, if you continue to make demands or protests you're likely to receive a warning or worse a suspension/ban since demands and protests are against forum rules.

I'm sorry if it takes longer than two months but welcome to real life and it's thing called dissapointment, I'd recommend you get used to it.

It makes it unenjoyable for you. Not for everyone. Therefor it's not gamebreaking, it's simply a matter of personal opinion.

And by gets out of hand, if you continue to make demands or protests you're likely to receive a warning or worse a suspension/ban since demands and protests are against forum rules.

I'm sorry if it takes longer than two months but welcome to real life and it's thing called dissapointment, I'd recommend you get used to it.

The forum rules says that Petitions are frowned on. It doesn't say they are not allowed. Plus all threads have demands. They would have to ban everyone that makes a thread if demands weren't allowed. That would be silly.

Many people agree with me that this glitch is really annoying. It makes those people less likely to play. Therefore it is gamebreaking. Not everyone has to agree for it to be gamebreaking. If you read all the comments on this thread and all the others about this issue, you will see many people agree. obviously not every agrees but many do. enough people agree to make it worth fixing. 2 and a half months is a bit long for this issue to be going on. There aren't any issues that are more important than this. I mean now there might be sicne update 2.5 was a big update, but there definitely wasn't after 2.3.3 but before 2.5. I think they should have updates more often so they can fix more issues. They use to make updates atleast once a week. Now its like once every 2 to 3 weeks.

Edited by watermelonfan

The forum rules says that Petitions are frowned on. It doesn't say they are not allowed. Plus all threads have demands. They would have to ban everyone that makes a thread if demands weren't allowed. That would be silly.

Many people agree with me that this glitch is really annoying. It makes those people less likely to play. Therefore it is gamebreaking. Not everyone has to agree for it to be gamebreaking. If you read all the comments on this thread and all the others about this issue, you will see many people agree. obviously not every agrees but many do. enough people agree to make it worth fixing. 2 and a half months is a bit long for this issue to be going on. There aren't any issues that are more important than this. I mean now there might be sicne update 2.5 was a big update, but there definitely wasn't after 2.3.3 but before 2.5. I think they should have updates more often so they can fix more issues. They use to make updates atleast once a week. Now its like once every 2 to 3 weeks.

Gamebreaking is when something becomes unplayable to the point that it's too drastic to ignore.

First off demand threads are not allowed because I made a joke demand thread that got deleted so I know for a fact they are not allowed.

Secondly this is not gamebreaking, this is a very minor visual issue at best. It doesn't prevent you from successfully playing the game as intended. Just because you don't like the coloring to it and makes you not want to play doesn't mean it's unplayable. This will get fixed when it get's fixed, now settle down.

It's been a problem for months now, and, for A STAR WARS game, I would think light sabers displaying incorrectly would be a priority to fix.

There is also an issue with coloring when sabers are taken out or "sheathed," in that the color of the saber becomes darker.

For everyone who thinks this is minor and not important, take a look at the taxis in-game that still appear and disappear, especially on city planets. That also is minor and cosmetic, though it takes away from the game experience, and hasn't been fixed in over a year.

Same for light sabers?

Gamebreaking is when something becomes unplayable to the point that it's too drastic to ignore.

First off demand threads are not allowed because I made a joke demand thread that got deleted so I know for a fact they are not allowed.

Secondly this is not gamebreaking, this is a very minor visual issue at best. It doesn't prevent you from successfully playing the game as intended. Just because you don't like the coloring to it and makes you not want to play doesn't mean it's unplayable. This will get fixed when it get's fixed, now settle down.

It's hard to take this seriously when YOUR SIGNATURE is a complaint about a crystal's color!