Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please fix the Stun Lock issue in WZs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please fix the Stun Lock issue in WZs

Zurules's Avatar


Zurules
01.24.2019 , 10:55 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
if people in regs remembered they were in a team sport and that the big numbers on the board are largely meaningless.
I at times take great pleasure in the games like civil war where both side nodes are capture (1 by each team) but we got ours first and mid never gets capped. The other team has like 80 kills our team can literally have 0 kills. At the end of the game I can have about 200k total dmg done and my opponents on average have like 4 mil total dmg done and see them at the end say in say chat how they are the better players and that they destroyed us. I love to remind them that in the end THEY LOST the match. So who is truly the better players in this situation? probably most will say its the team with the most kills and damage done because that's what they care about, others will value the end result more and therefore the team that had 0 kills. I play to win whether I do the same amount of damage and kills as my opponent, do more, and in this scenario ALOT LESS( its so much more gratifying in this scenario). Its fairly obvious which I believe shows who the better players were in the end and that I am almost certainly in the minority who thinks this way, but I ask all those who disagree with me, why aren't you doing team ranked which is designed for what you value most and care about?
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
01.24.2019 , 11:03 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
There has been way too much ďstunĒ creep introduced over the years and way too many speed and immunities added to try and counter them. My opinion is there are way too many of each and they should all be dialed back abit.
mmmm no stun immunitys or stuns have been added to swtor since 3.0, in fact the only changes to dcd/stuns since 3.0 have been multiple utilitys combined into 1 and some cds now have utilitys enhancers. (force camo on mara adds additional 3 (2?) seconds and a speed boost during)

the only "possible" add would be merc rocket out if timed insanely well can deflect a stun. which is so situational that you will do it 1/10 times. this can also be applied to mad dash and sniper roll. these were added in 4.0 (I do not remember when sniper roll was created maybe its as old as operatives... but I hate playing sniper. that my excuse and Im sticking to it)

I wish people on the forums would stop accusing this games stun amounts and immunitys of getting worse.

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
01.24.2019 , 11:57 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zurules View Post
... So who is truly the better players in this situation? probably most will say its the team with the most kills and damage done because that's what they care about...
I don't.

I don't know what this has to do with stun locks, but I *love* the people, when I'm on my shadow and guarding a node, and they come to try to take it, and I mezz them and call for backup... and they start the /say "afraid to 1v1 me!" crap. I'm always thinking, "why would I 1v1 you in a TEAM game?". I could potentially 1v1 them, and then we would see who could push buttons better. Or alternately, I could mezz them and call for help and show which one of us is smarter. Hint - me.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
01.24.2019 , 12:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I don't.

I don't know what this has to do with stun locks, but I *love* the people, when I'm on my shadow and guarding a node, and they come to try to take it, and I mezz them and call for backup... and they start the /say "afraid to 1v1 me!" crap. I'm always thinking, "why would I 1v1 you in a TEAM game?". I could potentially 1v1 them, and then we would see who could push buttons better. Or alternately, I could mezz them and call for help and show which one of us is smarter. Hint - me.
Wait, you mean you don't guard nodes and attack the first person who comes to try to take it away? And then when you end up dead, call for help as they click the node? I thought this was how it was done?!
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
01.24.2019 , 01:15 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Wait, you mean you don't guard nodes and attack the first person who comes to try to take it away? And then when you end up dead, call for help as they click the node? I thought this was how it was done?!
That's for pros. For extra points I mezz them, then immediately basic-attack, then stealth out, then mezz them again, then immediately attack again - giving them whitebar. I mean, I'm so good I have to give them an advantage... right?

Oh, no wait. I forgot, this thread is about how whitebar doesn't work.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Totemdancer's Avatar


Totemdancer
01.24.2019 , 06:48 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
mmmm no stun immunitys or stuns have been added to swtor since 3.0, in fact the only changes to dcd/stuns since 3.0 have been multiple utilitys combined into 1 and some cds now have utilitys enhancers. (force camo on mara adds additional 3 (2?) seconds and a speed boost during)

the only "possible" add would be merc rocket out if timed insanely well can deflect a stun. which is so situational that you will do it 1/10 times. this can also be applied to mad dash and sniper roll. these were added in 4.0 (I do not remember when sniper roll was created maybe its as old as operatives... but I hate playing sniper. that my excuse and Im sticking to it)

I wish people on the forums would stop accusing this games stun amounts and immunitys of getting worse.
I didnít say since 3.0, I said there has been too much stun creep in the game (the game didnít launch with 3.0).
If, like me, you have played since the beginning, you would have seen what I am talking about. This includes all of the utility changes that have added more immunity time or combinations to abilities. We also have this speed demon mentality of BioWare giving excessive speed abilities or leap like oneís to just about every other class.

When the game started, there were defined differences between the certain classes. The only ones that were speed demons were Sorc/sage/sin/shadow. PTs had a small burst of it on a long CD. Maraís had preadation, but it required building rage and wasnít used as much. Operatives had one roll (snipers ha e always had roll to cover, but not roll as a seperate ability. It was added later, just like Sorc Phase walk and god bubble). Armor type had a meaning (light, med, heavy) and DCDs and immunities werenít so stonk or had longer CDs.

Now classes are becoming generic with mobility, stuns/mez, immunity and DCD. The defining differences between them has been watered down. The main stun demons from the start were Operatives and now theirs are too stonk. Now they have a very big ďwindow arcĒ in which you canít defend against those attacks (DCDs blown). Back in the early days you could still hit them is they werenít more precise (that window was much smaller). A smart operative should be able to cap a node against the majority of classes given time for the other class to blow their CD trying to stay alive.

Weíve had stun vs speed wars since the game started and itís only getting worse with each expansion. Your example of Merc is just one of the more recent ones. Bioware have no imagination and are making every class more generic with each expansion. Weíve also had ability creep over the years because they think they need to give everyone a new or changed ability when they release a new meta, but instead just sort of clone something from another class. Iíve got so many on my sniper, itís ridiculous. They should cull some from most classes.
Please click below link for FREE stuff and Friend Referal for Free 7 day subscription

Totemdancer's Avatar


Totemdancer
01.24.2019 , 07:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I don't.

I don't know what this has to do with stun locks, but I *love* the people, when I'm on my shadow and guarding a node, and they come to try to take it, and I mezz them and call for backup... and they start the /say "afraid to 1v1 me!" crap. I'm always thinking, "why would I 1v1 you in a TEAM game?". I could potentially 1v1 them, and then we would see who could push buttons better. Or alternately, I could mezz them and call for help and show which one of us is smarter. Hint - me.
lmao, too funny.
Please click below link for FREE stuff and Friend Referal for Free 7 day subscription

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
01.24.2019 , 08:08 PM | #18
there is no point in complaining about "lack of originality" in rpgs. think out side the box for a sec. what do you think the difference between "snipe" and lightning bolt is? its dmg type. thats all. it (was) an immobile cast with a burst damage when it completes. same with force lightning and blazing bolts. it (was) an immobile (see devpravating volts on sin tnk) casted damage that inflicting repeated damage for the duration. again, only damage typ changed it from one another. doesnt the IO merc impact bolt animation look familar? because it looks oddly like the sharpshooters "takedown" doesnt it?

at the end of the day when you take all the text and "advanced" cosmetics away, RPGs are built to be recycled data. there are 3 different abilitys all named differently, uses different energy types and looks cometicly different but at its core the three moves are the exact same, recycled data.

there is no use feeling like there is a lack originality in rpgs, because they would be half as big as they are if everything was unique and different.

Totemdancer's Avatar


Totemdancer
01.25.2019 , 05:27 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
there is no point in complaining about "lack of originality" in rpgs. think out side the box for a sec. what do you think the difference between "snipe" and lightning bolt is? its dmg type. thats all. it (was) an immobile cast with a burst damage when it completes. same with force lightning and blazing bolts. it (was) an immobile (see devpravating volts on sin tnk) casted damage that inflicting repeated damage for the duration. again, only damage typ changed it from one another. doesnt the IO merc impact bolt animation look familar? because it looks oddly like the sharpshooters "takedown" doesnt it?

at the end of the day when you take all the text and "advanced" cosmetics away, RPGs are built to be recycled data. there are 3 different abilitys all named differently, uses different energy types and looks cometicly different but at its core the three moves are the exact same, recycled data.

there is no use feeling like there is a lack originality in rpgs, because they would be half as big as they are if everything was unique and different.
All the classes had a unique feeling until 3.0. Now they donít.
Please click below link for FREE stuff and Friend Referal for Free 7 day subscription