Operative or Assassin?

djhoerauf

so i have an almost 50 bh, was looking for my second class. I hear operative has a good story line.

can i get pros and cons for operative and assassin?

i think sabers would be cool but heals of operative seem very useful

I am mostly solo pve but enjoy some pvp to.

thank you for reading and constructive responses

so i have an almost 50 bh, was looking for my second class. I hear operative has a good story line.

can i get pros and cons for operative and assassin?

i think sabers would be cool but heals of operative seem very useful

I am mostly solo pve but enjoy some pvp to.

thank you for reading and constructive responses

If you plan to heal, Operative, anything else, Assassin.

That's what it basically comes down to. This is the unfortunate state of the Operative. Though, if you don't mind not doing well, Operatives can still be a fun class.

Edited by stephenjohnp

i want to sneak....

Is assassin tougher?

do they have a companion that heals?

Assassin is less squishy yes. All character have a companion healer. I believe Assassin's get theirs in Hoth, so around level 40-45 and Operatives get theirs in Taris, so 33-38.

If you plan to heal, Operative, anything else, Assassin.

That's what it basically comes down to. This is the unfortunate state of the Operative. Though, if you don't mind not doing well, Operatives can still be a fun class.

so if i dont care about healing or tanking,deception assassin would be better then operative?

i figured if you wanted rogue like play you went operative.but i dont know,from watchin some deception assassin videos they looked pretty much the same as operatives only you dont use a knife you use a lightsaber and your not using a gun and shooting them to get your resources up or whatever

Edited by CrunkShizzle

I am an Operative as well as an Assassin and i can tell you that they are both great. The operative is a healer which i am very fond of, and the assassin is a damage. But that doesn't matter, they way i decide specs in star wars i say to myself,"You are only limited by your imagination"(my quote). That means that go with you heart, which do you think you would have more fun with, and don't just pick one because everyone else is. That is when people regret their decisions,when its not them making the choice. Go with what you will enjoy more........"You are only Limited by your imagination"

ok well serious question then

how are concealment operatives outside of there burst.like am i pretty much only gonna kill people when im bursting them or do they not have as bad sustained damage as ive heard

Edited by CrunkShizzle

so besides the fact that concealment is garbage outside of there burst,which i already knew.theres more "problems" then that?

You just answred your own question lmao

No matter what you roll it comes down to how much effort you put into it. Oh and SKILL will overcome any nerf but there's no hope for you in your case

Two individuals claim to be men.

Both prove they are not above bickering like high school girls.

---

Operative is getting a heals boost, and I know assassins are one of the best PvP classes if you Hybrid them.

Operatives can also cloak their entire group. It's neat.

Two individuals claim to be men.

Both prove they are not above bickering like high school girls.

---

Operative is getting a heals boost, and I know assassins are one of the best PvP classes if you Hybrid them.

Operatives can also cloak their entire group. It's neat.

so if you have a choose between choosing something that is" garbage" without leveling that said class and a class that has alot going for it why is it even a debate?

not to mention this guy makes countless threads and keeps getting the same feedback in each

so besides the fact that concealment is garbage outside of there burst,which i already knew.theres more "problems" then that?

The biggest drawback for me was ops don't get a gap closer. So all those knock backs bosses do take you out of the fight longer than the assassin.

And for pvp assassins get many good skills whereas the op doesn't get any really.

The biggest drawback for me was ops don't get a gap closer. So all those knock backs bosses do take you out of the fight longer than the assassin.

And for pvp assassins get many good skills whereas the op doesn't get any really.

ya the gap closer was one of the things i didnt like seeing about operatives.but i dont know

ive looked at operatives,scoundrels and assassins and i kinda like the sound of scoundrels the best.so i might end up just rollin a scoundrel scrapper instead

The problem with Operatives/Scoundrels is that people keep comparing them to Rogues, and expect them to be Rogues, when theyre not.

Theyre kind of somewhat like a Rogue, except theyre not brokenly overpowered killing machines who go around 1-shotting every other class in PvP whilst having 1000 ways to escape/survive.

If youre looking for a stealther with lots of abusive WZ tricks, play an Assassin. Their "Dash" alone is generally what wins or loses games right now.

Edit: Though personally I love my Operative, Im not blind to the utility were lacking in the game as a whole. Definitely need a gap closer, even if its another 1min CD.

Edited by Achromatis

Operatives are great, if you want to get someone down in pvp in 4 seconds go for operative, if you want to constantly get inv to raids and such play operative, but then again you goto know and love the class to be skilled at it ;)

In pVP OPS vs SIN both take skill SINs have less burst more utility OPS can burst kill quickly not as insane before the surge nerf but both are fun. The SIN can be a tank the ops can be Heals comes down to what play style do you enjoy? I play both and think they are both great and fun. Edited by LordbishopX

As having played both and dabbled both in PVP as well, I prefer my Concealment Operative. I love my Assassin, but it's just too powerful imho. The Operative has a more vulnerable feel to it that keeps me on my toes while playing.

Honestly, give both a try. It takes very little time to get each to 25 and see what they are about. I think you will like each one with different reasons for each.

The problem with Operatives/Scoundrels is that people keep comparing them to Rogues, and expect them to be Rogues, when theyre not.

what exactly are they then

cuz thats kinda what i figured a operative was.a scoundrel on the other hand,i dont know.they didnt really seem rogue ish to me

scrapper spec looked kinda fun though

Operatives are there own class. You can sneak and backstab people, shoot your gun, heal, etc. It sounds like a rogue but it isn't operatives are their own class not to be compared to others. I love my operative I'm strictly healing but the best damn healer in pvp :D

how are concealment operatives outside of there burst.like am i pretty much only gonna kill people when im bursting them or do they not have as bad sustained damage as ive heard

I do fine in pvp to be honest, most engagements just dont last long enough after a good burst. and you have TONS of escapes. My operative is at 31, my scoundrel at 32, and i can just summarize some of the stuns/cc's i already have.

A sap, cc from stealth

flash bang, 8 sec stun that breaks early from damage

droid cc

dirty kick/debilitate, 4 sec stun i believe

a root that can be talented to have a 2 sec stun

and a brief stun that hits when pugnacity procs.

At 36 you'll get hidden strike/shoot first that has like a 2 second stun or something when talented but this is getting nerfed

nothing better than watching people try breaking cc from your root, and then f'ing up their day with all your other stuns/interrupts.

but honestly, great burst and a little skill are good enough to completely dominate pvp wise.

PVE is a little harder i believe, but with a companion its not too bad

Edited by DarthPunitor

a root that can be talented to have a 2 sec stun

and a brief stun that hits when pugnacity procs.

What are you talking about? Since when does Op/Sco have 2 sec stun with root? If you mean Pindown/Stopping power, it gives you 2 second root the target as bonus for Sever Tendon/Tendon blast's snare.

A brief stun when pugnacity proc? You totally lost me there. :confused: