what save wow pvp might save stwor

Hexdoll

I haven't played wow in years but I do remember when their pvp was so horrible they finally did something about it, they made everything's health about 4x what it was, this neutralized the huge burst damage classes from ruling the roost and gave sustained damage classes a seat at the table..also made stuns less of an issue as it would take half team focus to kill someone in 3-4 seconds.

SWTOR imbalance is % of total life a single player can do is ridiculous, really when some classes can do 30+% in one gcd it make it so imbalanced to those who cant, which also are the squishies in the game. really amazes me to that something that obviously backward is unaddressed.

The problem woud be objective based PvP. TTK being longer means longer fights to get rid of defenders and also the time it takes for defenders to return.

I do agree with you though. Maybe it means more time in the respawn areas and shorter cap times or something to adjust.

The problem woud be objective based PvP. TTK being longer means longer fights to get rid of defenders and also the time it takes for defenders to return.

I do agree with you though. Maybe it means more time in the respawn areas and shorter cap times or something to adjust.

I agree but it would be that way for both teams and maybe getting the code in void star would be rare but does anyone really care about such things?

I agree but it would be that way for both teams and maybe getting the code in void star would be rare but does anyone really care about such things?

I do. I want to actually feel like I'm doing something in a wz besides TDM.

I think increasing HP across the board by around 10% might work, but 2-3x would be ridiculous for reasons mentioned above. It would also require an overhaul to the wz's with time it takes to return to node/door/etc...

I haven't played wow in years but I do remember when their pvp was so horrible they finally did something about it, they made everything's health about 4x what it was, this neutralized the huge burst damage classes from ruling the roost and gave sustained damage classes a seat at the table..also made stuns less of an issue as it would take half team focus to kill someone in 3-4 seconds.

SWTOR imbalance is % of total life a single player can do is ridiculous, really when some classes can do 30+% in one gcd it make it so imbalanced to those who cant, which also are the squishies in the game. really amazes me to that something that obviously backward is unaddressed.

turtle turtle this come to mind when you do what you suggest. Beating your face against wall of never kill able classes seams like skilled. Then things become turtle zerg feast in stead of tactic based game play this sounds so fun to me. Does some tweaking need to be done to TTK yes but not to the extreme above.

I do. I want to actually feel like I'm doing something in a wz besides TDM.

I think increasing HP across the board by around 10% might work, but 2-3x would be ridiculous for reasons mentioned above. It would also require an overhaul to the wz's with time it takes to return to node/door/etc...

not sure that lowering cap timers would be problematic I mean an evenly matched team at its current state you don't see a lot of teams getting to the end on the void star .

I don't think 10% would touch the current TTK imbalance currently.

Edited by Hexdoll

The problem with giving everyone a ton of health "to remove burst" "Issues" is that skilled players then cannot be killed. As it is, every class has the potential to go an entire match with zero deaths. With guards and heals you would make it more broken like it was early when entire warzones were played with zero deaths....

The peripheral effect of giving everyone a lot more health, is that it would make healers way OP. Not an expert on healers, but I know 1/2 the challenge of their job is performing it in a limited amount of time. Double the time they have to do their job, and you've made it 2x as easy. Any time a class's role becomes 2x as easy to perform, that pretty directly affects balance. Double people's health and you are not doubling average TTK, it would increase exponentially to the point where it would seem like people never die, and every match is either just a big long melee, or decided by whomever clicked on whichever side turret a second before the opposition.

The peripheral effect of giving everyone a lot more health, is that it would make healers way OP. Not an expert on healers, but I know 1/2 the challenge of their job is performing it in a limited amount of time. Double the time they have to do their job, and you've made it 2x as easy. Any time a class's role becomes 2x as easy to perform, that pretty directly affects balance. Double people's health and you are not doubling average TTK, it would increase exponentially to the point where it would seem like people never die, and every match is either just a big long melee, or decided by whomever clicked on whichever side turret a second before the opposition.

I see that as a lot better than the current state with a few specs ultra hard to kill and others killed in 2 seconds...leaving out the retarded gear gap

Edited by Hexdoll

yes meaning if equally geared, even a ewh heals can kill a recruit pretty fast...but I was referring to class balance not the 2 second kills you get when not equal geared.

There is no gear gap... If you plan accordingly, you can have 4-5 wh pieces without ever stepping foot in a 50 wz. If you didn't plan, it takes all of 4-5 days, a couple hours a day to reach the same gear level. If you want to be taken seriously, don't try to argue a gear gap in this game. It doesn't exist.

There is no gear gap... If you plan accordingly, you can have 4-5 wh pieces without ever stepping foot in a 50 wz. If you didn't plan, it takes all of 4-5 days, a couple hours a day to reach the same gear level. If you want to be taken seriously, don't try to argue a gear gap in this game. It doesn't exist.

Really, you are saying there is no gear gap but yet you have to plan accordingly to avoid the gear gap that does not exist?

You want to be taken seriously you should not write self-contradictory post.

yes they gave everyone about 120k hp

then let death knights crit for 50k

FIXED

Really, you are saying there is no gear gap but yet you have to plan accordingly to avoid the gear gap that does not exist?

You want to be taken seriously you should not write self-contradictory post.

No... Now all credibility you may have had went out the window. The "plan" isn't exclusive to me. Anyone can do it. It's been explained to death a hundred times over on this forum already. Even with recruit gear, if you don't suck you'll beat most in regular warzones. I did it for the first 4 days of gearing my character. Bad players make excuses. Good players have a plan. The only thing "self contradictory" here is you saying there's a gear gap when a quick forum search would alleviate your nonexistent problem. Maybe you should be spending more time "grinding"(if you can even call it that now) your gear, rather than whining on the forums. Just a thought.

Edited by Cowflab

you make some good points.

in my opinion what they need to do is reduce the overly overly overly ultra ultra highly excessive CC in pvp. the only class that should be able to stun lock you is the op / scoundrel. but 1.4 happened and made every single CC in this game 1000X worse than what they already were. that is one of the most irritating aspects of SWTOR pvp.

next they need to add cross server pvp wz's / rateds and then seperate the premades from the pugs.then BW should focus on class balance to make like the OP said the DOT's on the lvl with the bursters. this should fix the pvp in this game.

you make some good points.

in my opinion what they need to do is reduce the overly overly overly ultra ultra highly excessive CC in pvp. the only class that should be able to stun lock you is the op / scoundrel. but 1.4 happened and made every single CC in this game 1000X worse than what they already were. that is one of the most irritating aspects of SWTOR pvp.

next they need to add cross server pvp wz's / rateds and then seperate the premades from the pugs.then BW should focus on class balance to make like the OP said the DOT's on the lvl with the bursters. this should fix the pvp in this game.

So, you don't think a deception assassin should be able to stun lock? They're basically the same meta class as a concealment op... If you took away they're ability to stun lock, it would make the spec obsolete. Their burst setup is predictable enough as it is. I agree with cross server queueing but disagree with separating premades. That would make queue times for organized pvpers abysmal. Organization should not be punished. I do however think there should be a better matchmaking system to plot 4 man premades against other 4 man premades. Super queues should also be matched with other super queues, obviously.

No... Now all credibility you may have had went out the window. The "plan" isn't exclusive to me. Anyone can do it. It's been explained to death a hundred times over on this forum already. Even with recruit gear, if you don't suck you'll beat most in regular warzones. I did it for the first 4 days of gearing my character. Bad players make excuses. Good players have a plan. The only thing "self contradictory" here is you saying there's a gear gap when a quick forum search would alleviate your nonexistent problem. Maybe you should be spending more time "grinding"(if you can even call it that now) your gear, rather than whining on the forums. Just a thought.

I didn't say it was exclusive to you or even inferred it, you must have a comprehension problem to have built that straw man. great, just tell us that you regularly wear recruit gear because it makes no difference in wz, I am going to guess you wont say that because you would get your *** beat back onto the short bus if you did wear recruit gear and you know it...yet there is no gap, no divide between the type of gear you could wear...next you will be trolling about Santa Claus, Peter Pan and something about a talking snake.

I didn't say it was exclusive to you or even inferred it, you must have a comprehension problem to have built that straw man. great, just tell us that you regularly wear recruit gear because it makes no difference in wz, I am going to guess you wont say that because you would get your *** beat back onto the short bus if you did wear recruit gear and you know it...yet there is no gap, no divide between the type of gear you could wear...next you will be trolling about Santa Claus, Peter Pan and something about a talking snake.

Look, I tried to be polite at first but clearly you're not worth civil discourse. The devs have done everything short of handing out WH gear upon leveling to 50. It's not that there isn't a divide you nitwit. It's that the divide is minimized by EXTREMELY ATTAINABLE gear in very short amounts of time. Get it? Your crying about the matter is absolutely ridiculous. Go ahead and complain about TTK, excessive CC, improper matchmaking. ANYTHING BUT THIS NONEXISTENT GEAR GAP! It's ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous... L2P, learn to stack comms while leveling, stop being bad... Etc... Etc.

Edited by Cowflab