Petition to nerf Remote Slicing

Ttoilleekul

The vast majority of pilots I've ever spoken to dislike the strength of remote slicing. Event the staunchest advocates of the component (Drakolich and Verain) still believe it should be nerfed. We all complain about it, we all dislike it, but no one has ever tried to make something happen. So here is your chance. For the devs to take note and for something to happen we need to keep this as simple as possible. In the past people have mooted all kinds of clever and fancy ways to introduce counter components to remote slicing. We need to forget all that. The simpler we make this the more chance the devs do something. So I propose a removal of the primary 60 points of engine power drain, leaving just the tier 4 option for 20 points of engine power drain, and an extension of the cooldown by at least 30s. It will still be a powerful tool, people will still be able to combine it with Lockdown for a total of 60 points of engine drain. People will still be killed by remote slicing, everything you need to learn to counter it and avoid it will still be applicable. It just won't be as demoralizing and game destroying when one person who is otherwise pretty free of talent makes it their mission to ruin your game. Also newer players will have an easier time getting to grips with avoiding / countering it. Remote slicing is too powerful. let's do something about it.

Please do not turn this thread into a debate thread. The cleaner it stays the more chance the devs take note. Once it has gathered enough signatures I will tag the devs so they see it, or / and send them a ticket with this thread as a link.

If you agree, simply post "Agree" in the comments. Once again please I implore you do not turn this into another debate thread, or nothing will ever happen. If you don't agree don't add your name. You voice works both ways.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

You voice works both ways.

Yeah, if you speak.

I'm quite happy with the strength of Remote Slicing. It's present on few ships. Those ships are not overtuned even with Remote Slicing. In terms of kills per minute by use of cooldown, it's not a particularly strong cooldown. It's not weak by any means, but there are better options.

What people don't like about Remote Slicing has nothing to do with it's effectiveness in getting kills, and everything to do with emotional response to perceived lack of agency in counterplay.

"They press the button and I can't do anything about it."

It the same complaint that makes most new players hate all railguns with a real passion.

There is counterplay, it's easier to counterplay than railguns, but yes, more annoying in some ways if you do get hit.

If you want to petition to remove disabling effects from GSF, by all means argue that case. It's not a bad case, and I'm neutral on that.

As far as a nerf for Remote Slicing, I'm against that. Not strictly against removing the disabling aspect, but that any removal of disabling effect should be compensated with an alternative attribute that maintains the net lethality of the cooldown.

As a side note, if you're not combining Remote Slicing with Thermite Torpedo, you're doing it wrong. The horror of inevitable but slowly creeping doom is what DOTs are supposed to be about in MMORPG PvP. ;)

Remote Slicing is very much a cat playing with mouse before eating it sort of thing. It's not kind to the prey, but it's also not something you do if you're seriously hungry for kills.

Could you please avoid discussion / debate on the topic in this thead. IF you want to talk about it create another Slicing debate thread, or read one of the many that already exist. Please just add your "agree" or leave the post alone if you don't agree - Not enough voices on the thead and nothing will happen.

Could you please avoid discussion / debate on the topic in this thead. IF you want to talk about it create another Slicing debate thread, or read one of the many that already exist. Please just add your "agree" or leave the post alone if you don't agree - Not enough voices on the thead and nothing will happen.

If you want a thread full of responses that only agree with your personal opinion, don't post in a public forum.

Agreed.

For a no aim ability, it is way too powerful. Debuff duration+short ability cooldown + wealth of various debuffs it does amount to a pretty nasty sum of all parts. Ability cooldown should be a bit longer, debuff duration bit shorter and engine drain bit less punishing..or gone entitrely.

Edited by Stradlin

There is nothing wrong with Remote slicing. It gives an ability for new players to have, so they can be effective in a match.

1) Remote slicing has counterplay to it. If your constantly being sliced, you can go into a T1 Emp Field scout. They do well against slicers. You can also get into an T2 strike with Emp Missiles, these do well against Remote Slicers.

2) This means you can't fly out in the open, fly near Objects and use LoS against slicers.

And as a public forum, I definitely think this thread needs to have other viewpoints then just the original poster.

There is nothing wrong with Remote slicing. It gives an ability for new players to have, so they can be effective in a match.

1) Remote slicing has counterplay to it. If your constantly being sliced, you can go into a T1 Emp Field scout. They do well against slicers. You can also get into an T2 strike with Emp Missiles, these do well against Remote Slicers.

2) This means you can't fly out in the open, fly near Objects and use LoS against slicers.

And as a public forum, I definitely think this thread needs to have other viewpoints then just the original poster.

this is basically i agree or disagree thread. thats what he means. he wants to keep it to that only. He is trying to get the attention of the devs. And if there is a ton of posts 10 miles long, they wont read it.

So yay or nay for remote slicing nerf.

Im for nerfing slicing yes.

The devs aren’t going to completely alter part of a game just because of one thread full of people sheepishly agreeing with one person’s opinion. If that were the case, PvP wouldn’t be a nuclear wasteland. Remote Slicing is absolutely fine, and there’s no need to nerf it. The ship it’s on isn’t particularly maneuverable or fast. Other than that one neat party trick, the T3 strike doesn’t hit very hard unless you’re really accurate with light lasers. Once you run out of protorps, or the ability goes on cooldown, congrats on being a poor man’s Rycer/Starguard. If you’re smart about using LoS, or staying close enough to the ship that the pilot can’t fire a missile, all that slicing will have been for naught. The counters to this are many, as they are for every ship in GSF.

For the sake of not being completely contrarian, I’m going to say ‘disagree’. But I maintain that this thread isn’t going to change anything, and it doesn’t need to. People just have to learn the skills needed to play the game, rather than gnash their teeth, cry, and demand that things be nerfed or taken out left and right.

The devs aren’t going to completely alter part of a game just because of one thread full of people sheepishly agreeing with one person’s opinion. If that were the case, PvP wouldn’t be a nuclear wasteland. Remote Slicing is absolutely fine, and there’s no need to nerf it. The ship it’s on isn’t particularly maneuverable or fast. Other than that one neat party trick, the T3 strike doesn’t hit very hard unless you’re really accurate with light lasers. Once you run out of protorps, or the ability goes on cooldown, congrats on being a poor man’s Rycer/Starguard. If you’re smart about using LoS, or staying close enough to the ship that the pilot can’t fire a missile, all that slicing will have been for naught. The counters to this are many, as they are for every ship in GSF.

For the sake of not being completely contrarian, I’m going to say ‘disagree’. But I maintain that this thread isn’t going to change anything, and it doesn’t need to. People just have to learn the skills needed to play the game, rather than gnash their teeth, cry, and demand that things be nerfed or taken out left and right.

it's not about the slicer, it's about the team taking advantage and blowing you out of the sky. also, it takes engine power, so the slicer ends up faster anyway

it's not about the slicer, it's about the team taking advantage and blowing you out of the sky. also, it takes engine power, so the slicer ends up faster anyway

you could use that excuse for a lot of GSF abilities. You've never been engine drained from Ion railgun? I know most of us have. all of the EMP effects would also set up for the slicers team to kill you, as would all lasers, all missiles, and all railgun's or mines.

The vast majority of pilots I've ever spoken to dislike the strength of remote slicing. Event the staunchest advocates of the component (Drakolich and Verain) still believe it should be nerfed.

Absolutely, and it looks like your thread is moving the ball here. Grats and thank you.