Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been wondering about this as well. Supposedly he can drop the liver, but is there more?

I am very intrigued by the map from Ilum: http://i42.tinypic.com/1gj13o.jpg

I think it may indeed be a hint, but I also don't think the characteristics line up precisely between the two. The body, in particular, is at a different angle. Now there is a body by that Wampa on Highmount, so might it be related? The body also almost looks like it should be clickable, if unlocked somehow.

Was it there before the patch, though? I don't remember.

The body was there before the Highmount Ridge Wampa. There was also a chest spawn there, however the chest was a small one, not the one that is there now. Also the two young wampa's were not there or the big one when they are attacked. Looted the chest 10 times before the patch and have killed the new Wampas 15 time since. Nothing unusual dropped but regulard green and blue loot.

Finished with torhead's Uncategorized items list. 2860 items.

Interesting items for this thread:

http://www.torhead.com/item/7untO00/scanning-device

http://www.torhead.com/item/b7HGsYr/filled-creature-scanner

Interesting item not relating to this thread:

http://www.torhead.com/item/aHxX3iK/mysterious-device <-- Want!

Tomorrow I will go through the other stuff to see if I can find anything else datamined that could be useful.

Here's a theory, not really sure if it'll work or not. Sorry if someone has already tried it and if it has not worked. Kinda hard to remember all the theories that hasn't worked ...

According to this thread, Tauntaun Mother shows up sometime after defeating Snowblind. And Snowblind can drop the jerky itself.

Tauntaun Mother: Apparently shows up sometime after defeating Snowblind (Hoth World Boss) so I'd check around there and/or try defeating it and waiting.

-Snowblind (Hoth World Boss) - Also drops Jerky itself.

Also, according to this guy (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=409618&highlight=Tauntaun+Mother&page=5)

Tauntaun Puzzle: We have also found a mob called Tauntaun Mother, one of our guildmates had jumped it while farming livers for us said it spawned about 20 tauntaun adds tho no little ones.

Maybe you're supposed to defeat snowblind, wait for tauntaun mother and get it to spawn 20 tauntaun adds and use jerky on the adds? Maybe there's a reason snowblind drops the jerky itself?

For all you know, its one of yours...

o.0

But he said "somewhere on the internet." Not on the forums so that leads me to beleive it was on twitter (which i checked) or their facebook (i didnt check) or someones folders but google hates me.

Here's a theory, not really sure if it'll work or not. Sorry if someone has already tried it and if it has not worked. Kinda hard to remember all the theories that hasn't worked ...

According to this thread, Tauntaun Mother shows up sometime after defeating Snowblind. And Snowblind can drop the jerky itself.

Also, according to this guy (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=409618&highlight=Tauntaun+Mother&page=5)

Maybe you're supposed to defeat snowblind, wait for tauntaun mother and get it to spawn 20 tauntaun adds and use jerky on the adds? Maybe there's a reason snowblind drops the jerky itself?

I've been out in Snowblind's area lots of times when he's not up and never seen this "Mother". Can we get confirmation?

At Outpost Zerek there is a Tauntaun in the corner and man using a hand held device to scan it, another guy is on the ground looking for something kinda near its feet, the coordinates are: -1242 , -10 When I tried my NVSCCS it said I was too far away "get closer". I stood in the Tauntaun, and I still received the error message. Has anyone else rec'd this message?

Here are the tauntauns I catalogued

Wild Roaming

(3) 933, 35

(1) -6, 59

(2) 1,44

(2) 22,35

(2) 139, 48

(2) 936, 99

(2) 1036, 100

Lost

91) -1610, 8

(2) -1673, 17

(1) -1494, 52

(3) -1485, 50

(2) -1727, 88

(3) -1626, 112

(4) -988, 60

(3) -903, 60

(1) -1221, 50

Dead

(1) -848, 2

(1) -938, 13

(2) -1023, 17

I found this tiny path on a mountain in the middle of nowhere. However, it's just the peak of a mountain. My only guess is its underneath but there is no way I see to get to underneath this spot. Anyone have any ideas? Just seems odd... was hoping it led to a secret cave or something.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2mnq1l2.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/v9bb5.jpg

At Outpost Zerek there is a Tauntaun in the corner and man using a hand held device to scan it, another guy is on the ground looking for something kinda near its feet, the coordinates are: -1242 , -10 When I tried my NVSCCS it said I was too far away "get closer". I stood in the Tauntaun, and I still received the error message. Has anyone else rec'd this message?

Here are the tauntauns I catalogued

Wild Roaming

(3) 933, 35

(1) -6, 59

(2) 1,44

(2) 22,35

(2) 139, 48

(2) 936, 99

(2) 1036, 100

Lost

91) -1610, 8

(2) -1673, 17

(1) -1494, 52

(3) -1485, 50

(2) -1727, 88

(3) -1626, 112

(4) -988, 60

(3) -903, 60

(1) -1221, 50

Dead

(1) -848, 2

(1) -938, 13

(2) -1023, 17

Really? I checked it out and he is not clickable.

Alright guys... Been reading and here's my take. Have any of you ever tried feeding granola to a chipmunk out of your lap? You absolutely CAN NOT move. He'll run away. Sit still enough? He'll crawl all over you. It's kinda fun. I'd definitely recommend trying it. But back to the conversation at hand... I think we should quit getting this jerky buff then trying to run all across hoth checking suggested leads before we lose the buff. As a matter of fact, I don't see how using the jerky would help at all. You can't attract chipmunks with granola you've already eaten. You've got to have the granola, but it makes no sense to eat it, yourself. So to sum it all up, I think we have to have the jerky (not use it), and sit still somewhere.. They may have gone so far as to make you actually "Sit" since it is, after all, a very small animal. You wouldn't wanna intimidate it by standing, would you?

Now, opinions of other leads:

•The Ilum map--Someone was trying way too hard to make something outta nothing.

•The 3 identical caves--Something does seem very odd about these.

•Waiting around after Snowblind is dead--Could be something. Like I said, stay still.

•Dead Tauntauns--The sheer number of these leads me to believe either it's irrelevant, or we have to go to ALL of them at some stage of the mission. My best guess would be the first.

•Programability of NVSCCS--Maybe we have to, maybe we don't. If it's not programmed for normal tauntauns, I don't see why it would be programmed for mini tauntauns. But I also don't think they woulda made it hard to program (Leads me to believe we don't have to, since no one's figured out how).

Alright guys... Been reading and here's my take. Have any of you ever tried feeding granola to a chipmunk out of your lap? You absolutely CAN NOT move. He'll run away. Sit still enough? He'll crawl all over you. It's kinda fun. I'd definitely recommend trying it. But back to the conversation at hand... I think we should quit getting this jerky buff then trying to run all across hoth checking suggested leads before we lose the buff. As a matter of fact, I don't see how using the jerky would help at all. You can't attract chipmunks with granola you've already eaten. You've got to have the granola, but it makes no sense to eat it, yourself. So to sum it all up, I think we have to have the jerky (not use it), and sit still somewhere.. They may have gone so far as to make you actually "Sit" since it is, after all, a very small animal. You wouldn't wanna intimidate it by standing, would you?.

I've been sitting quitely in groups of Tauntons with the buff and with extra Jerky in my inventory for several days. Nothing yet.

•Programability of NVSCCS--Maybe we have to, maybe we don't. If it's not programmed for normal tauntauns, I don't see why it would be programmed for mini tauntauns. But I also don't think they woulda made it hard to program (Leads me to believe we don't have to, since no one's figured out how).

Georg Said someone "found the Tauntaun but did not capture it" confirming it has to be captured. The NVSCCS is definatly used in this.

Edited by shimmer

I've been sitting quitely in groups of Tauntons with the buff and with extra Jerky in my inventory for several days. Nothing yet.

I'm not thinking normal tauntaun groups... I'm thinking the 3 caves that are all identical, or this "Tauntaun mother" that spawns a bunch of adds (But it kinda seems like this tauntaun mother is just someone trying to troll)

I'm not thinking normal tauntaun groups... I'm thinking the 3 caves that are all identical, or this "Tauntaun mother" that spawns a bunch of adds (But it kinda seems like this tauntaun mother is just someone trying to troll)

If there is a mother that spawns adds, and if it does require killing a world boss to get, it would make a lot of sense as a type of "group reward" for defeating the boss. Everyone could capture one of the adds - IF, of course, the jerky or whatever else was necessary to capture them was in effect.

I found this tiny path on a mountain in the middle of nowhere. However, it's just the peak of a mountain. My only guess is its underneath but there is no way I see to get to underneath this spot. Anyone have any ideas? Just seems odd... was hoping it led to a secret cave or something.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2mnq1l2.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/v9bb5.jpg

Very strange. Exploring that area myself and I can't figure out what that path is...

If there is a mother that spawns adds, and if it does require killing a world boss to get, it would make a lot of sense as a type of "group reward" for defeating the boss. Everyone could capture one of the adds - IF, of course, the jerky or whatever else was necessary to capture them was in effect.

This would make sense considering the NVSCCS isn't a unique and stacks. One person could get the supplies for an entire group.

This would make sense considering the NVSCCS isn't a unique and stacks. One person could get the supplies for an entire group.

The thing that is off is that you get the schematic for the jerky from him and therefore wouldn't have time to craft the jerky even if you had the materials. Also I doubt that they would make you have to kill a world boss for both tauntaun pets. It would also ruin the fun of the scavenger hunt deal. I think they would tell us to just wait as oppose to letting us get the schematic/jerky and the run around going mad.

Idk just the whole mother thing does sound super troll especially since no one else has reported it.