Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

6.0 Crafting is Ludicrously a complete and total piece of Junk

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
6.0 Crafting is Ludicrously a complete and total piece of Junk

Transcendent's Avatar


Transcendent
02.23.2020 , 04:39 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
“we will be working on it”
Soon™.

We've had the obligatory patch with minor adjustments, don't expect to see anything else.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

Elyx's Avatar


Elyx
02.24.2020 , 03:37 PM | #242
Well, I'll add my note to the pile in hopes that it gets through thick skulls (or boring trend charts).
Ya broke it, one of my favorite parts of the game.
It's horrid right now. And it needs to change, and yes it would be worth changing IMO before the next tier upgrade. Please.

Right now 3/4 of my toons are running slicing and treasure hunting missions for the lockboxes, and selling the grade 11 wealthy missions for moneys. I'm not crafting a single thing, and I stopped unlocking tier 11 crafting on toons ages ago. The highest I go is tier 10. It's almost better if you ignore the existence of tier 11 stuff, and continue crafting from the previous expansion.

it's a shell of a system that I used to enjoy, and saddens me every time I log into it. But I'm not going to dump all my hard earned time as a casual into a stupid system. I'll wait it out, running tier 5 missions for companion gifts and running circles of the hunting lodge for cred boxes.

Hopefully you guys will figure out how broken the system is soon, and change it.
"I just hit 50 and finished my class storyline, but I still haven't been able to decide which AC to choose. Leveling solo as a warrior wasn't difficult, so I kept putting off the decision.
Anyone else having the same problem? "~ lagerhat - And who says warriors are broke?

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.24.2020 , 06:44 PM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Soon™.

We've had the obligatory patch with minor adjustments, don't expect to see anything else.
Sad, but true. I doubt there will be anymore changes to the crafting system. I wouldn’t even expect any bugs to be fixed.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
02.24.2020 , 10:13 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Sad, but true. I doubt there will be anymore changes to the crafting system. I wouldn’t even expect any bugs to be fixed.
I agree but really hope we're wrong as crafting right now is frankly ridiculous.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
02.25.2020 , 05:58 AM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Soon™.

We've had the obligatory patch with minor adjustments, don't expect to see anything else.
Yeah, they more worried about conquest acitvities and how people "cheat karagga run conquest." lol.


Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We have been tracking this issue for a bit, it is definitely not intended. We are working on a fix for it and are aiming to try to get it out in our next patch, 6.1.1.

Thanks.

-eric
I shouldn't poo-poo that, though. At least they are doing something, right?

I guess more than anything I am left feeling incredulous that crafting was changed to it's present iteration, purposefully! Nothing was improved upon crafting after they changed it with 6.0. What exactly was the reason for the changes, then? That's typical BW though. Fixing things not broken, while broken things live on endlessly.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

Void_Singer's Avatar


Void_Singer
02.25.2020 , 12:46 PM | #246
Wanted another reason to hate 6.0 crafting.... I ran a ton (30+ crits) of each slicing mission (except abundant)... here's what I found (all missions run under the same conditions of max slicing armor, Guild Fortune Set, +3 gathering crit, Pro training, and level 50 companions)

Rich Slicing Missions
  • 7% of Crits had a mission drop also (the only nice thing in here)
  • It's possibe to get zero purple artifact mats
  • Total Piece count (success): Hi = 32, LO = 23, AVG= 28.3 **
    • Artifact: Hi = 10, Lo = 0, Avg = 4.07 ***
    • Prototype: Hi = 14, Lo = 2, Avg = 8.6 ****
    • Premium: Hi = 24, Lo = 5, Avg = 16.3 ****
  • Total Piece Count (crit): Hi = 46, Lo = 30, Avg = 37.7 **
    • Artifact: Hi = 14, Lo = 2, Avg = 6.47 ***
    • Prototype: Hi = 19, Lo = 6, Avg = 11.77 ****
    • Premium: Hi = 29, Lo = 9, Avg = 19.47 ****

.
  • ** The total piece count (purple/blue/green) was 10 higher for crits, and half of that was greens
    • avverage crit only yielded 2 extra purples, 3 extra blues, 5 extra greens
  • *** The lower than expected average for artifact pieces is repeated in Bountiful missions
  • **** The much more stable expected averages of prototype and premium were also continued in Bountiful
  • The average success for Rich yielded LESS artifact (purple) mats than a Bountiful success
  • The overall average for Rich yield slightly LESS artifact mats, and SIGNIFICANTLY LESS Prototype mats than Bountiful

Lock boxes were simple, success = 1 crate, crit = 3 crates and a mission discovery.... the average contents of each box was about the same for jawa junk (although it covered a large range), but the crit boxes avereaged about 2k credits more per box

Moderate missions were similarly simple, range was only 11-14 pieces for success, and 22-28 for crit with expected averages

now for the second kick in the teeth ... Crit rate DECREASED STEADILY at EACH color difficulty, something that can only happen if they changed the crit rate behind the scenes. something I previously detected in crafting. I also ran tests to check (100 crafts in each color grade), and the effect appears ONLY in grade 11.

Curb stomp #3? the returned yields are far less than required amounts compared to every previous tier

TL;DR
We've been screwed on Quantity, Qaulity, and Time, and I have the numbers to back it up. Anyone that claims that crafters "just want it easy", doesn't have a f*king clue what they're talking about, and needs to **** or be known as an ignorant plebe and summarily ignored
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

phalczen's Avatar


phalczen
02.25.2020 , 02:36 PM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
now for the second kick in the teeth ... Crit rate DECREASED STEADILY at EACH color difficulty, something that can only happen if they changed the crit rate behind the scenes. something I previously detected in crafting. I also ran tests to check (100 crafts in each color grade), and the effect appears ONLY in grade 11.
This has always been the case. You don't see it in the grade 10 stuff because they are all grey difficulty once you are like, crew skill level 660 or so.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
02.25.2020 , 03:15 PM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
Wanted another reason to hate 6.0 crafting.... I ran a ton (30+ crits) of each slicing mission (except abundant)... here's what I found (all missions run under the same conditions of max slicing armor, Guild Fortune Set, +3 gathering crit, Pro training, and level 50 companions)

Rich Slicing Missions
  • 7% of Crits had a mission drop also (the only nice thing in here)
  • It's possibe to get zero purple artifact mats
  • Total Piece count (success): Hi = 32, LO = 23, AVG= 28.3 **
    • Artifact: Hi = 10, Lo = 0, Avg = 4.07 ***
    • Prototype: Hi = 14, Lo = 2, Avg = 8.6 ****
    • Premium: Hi = 24, Lo = 5, Avg = 16.3 ****
  • Total Piece Count (crit): Hi = 46, Lo = 30, Avg = 37.7 **
    • Artifact: Hi = 14, Lo = 2, Avg = 6.47 ***
    • Prototype: Hi = 19, Lo = 6, Avg = 11.77 ****
    • Premium: Hi = 29, Lo = 9, Avg = 19.47 ****

.
  • ** The total piece count (purple/blue/green) was 10 higher for crits, and half of that was greens
    • avverage crit only yielded 2 extra purples, 3 extra blues, 5 extra greens
  • *** The lower than expected average for artifact pieces is repeated in Bountiful missions
  • **** The much more stable expected averages of prototype and premium were also continued in Bountiful
  • The average success for Rich yielded LESS artifact (purple) mats than a Bountiful success
  • The overall average for Rich yield slightly LESS artifact mats, and SIGNIFICANTLY LESS Prototype mats than Bountiful

Lock boxes were simple, success = 1 crate, crit = 3 crates and a mission discovery.... the average contents of each box was about the same for jawa junk (although it covered a large range), but the crit boxes avereaged about 2k credits more per box

Moderate missions were similarly simple, range was only 11-14 pieces for success, and 22-28 for crit with expected averages

now for the second kick in the teeth ... Crit rate DECREASED STEADILY at EACH color difficulty, something that can only happen if they changed the crit rate behind the scenes. something I previously detected in crafting. I also ran tests to check (100 crafts in each color grade), and the effect appears ONLY in grade 11.

Curb stomp #3? the returned yields are far less than required amounts compared to every previous tier

TL;DR
We've been screwed on Quantity, Qaulity, and Time, and I have the numbers to back it up. Anyone that claims that crafters "just want it easy", doesn't have a f*king clue what they're talking about, and needs to **** or be known as an ignorant plebe and summarily ignored
I assume all this math stuff is painting a really inefficient picture regarding the crafting system. I don't even need mathematical proof, though. All I need to do is start trying to craft to realize it's awful.

Crafting should be engaging, I know crafting usually has the reputation of being boring but for many people (like me) I always enjoyed crafting on MMOs and many past games including SWTOR had fairly fun crafting systems.

SWTOR wasn't the best, but it was decent enough to give players many ways to make credits via crafting. Crafting also offered rare armor pieces too, the old recipes that were gained through reverse engineering the armor shells. So there were many useful features crafting offered players on SWTOR.

Then 6.0 happened. With no explanation of why, BW completely gutted and ripped out their old crafting system replacing it with a gigantic cluster-ckuf of a new crafting system. The best part was how players played the crafting system on the PTS and reported their findings immediately, that being the crafting system was illogical and crafting mats were beyond ridiculous in costs now.

Instead of heeding the players criticisms, BW ignored all crafting-related feedback while they were fairly receptive to other feedback related to other new game features BW felt were more important than crafting. It was as if they were told to go total dark on anything crafting-related, because all threads and posts focused on 6.0 crafting was met with crickets by Eric Musco and Co.

Now, months later, crafting on this game is still no longer a feature worth engaging in. And they have nothing to say on it, either. lol. Par for the course, though.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

Void_Singer's Avatar


Void_Singer
02.25.2020 , 03:17 PM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
This has always been the case. You don't see it in the grade 10 stuff because they are all grey difficulty once you are like, crew skill level 660 or so.
Wrong.

the only change in crit rate for grades 1-10 has been (and still is) the "subscriber bonus" which is +10% for orange difficulty, and +15% for yellow/green/grey..... these were leftovers from the base crit rate before F2P, but removed for F2P players... no other color difficulty modifiers have been in place for crewskils since launch... until 6.0 and grade 11
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Transcendent's Avatar


Transcendent
02.25.2020 , 04:20 PM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
The average success for Rich yielded LESS artifact (purple) mats than a Bountiful success
What were the overall material returns though? Did you see much higher Prototype and Premium materials in the Rich missions compared to Bountiful? Or were they roughly the same?

Seems a little off though, but that sums up the crew skill gathering missions for Grade 11. BioWare tinkered with a format that worked, to something that was broken when taken in the context of the number of materials required for basic things to craft (as well as time).

I know they touted that they wanted to push gatherers to gather in the open world, but that isn't always feasible or possible considering the limited number of nodes and consistent respawn locations and other players. One player can effectively tie up a resource if they have the right route, without anyone getting a look in, or making it very hard to break into even if they managed to grab a node here or there. Routes can also be very faction dependant, depending on the resource in question, which can be a limiting factor.

Sigh, typical BioWare shenanigans.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print