KOTET Livestream - 11/3

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We are making a slight change in the schedule for weekly livestreams. Originally tomorrow's stream was going to cover combat changes. We are going to move that stream out and we are replacing it with repeatable Chapters. We are going to showcase a KOTFE Chapter and show the difference between story and veteran difficulty along with answering any gameplay questions you may have about Chapters. Also, Charles will be answering story questions about KOTFE and how they tie into KOTET!

Here are the stream details:

When: Thursday, November 3rd

When: 4PM Central, 2PM Pacific

Where: http://www.twitch.tv/swtor

We know that everyone is anxious to hear more about the Class/combat changes coming with KOTET. We will be making posts throughout the week, next week, with a highlight of some of the changes we are making.

Thanks!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really mind the change; looking forward to the stream!

For any EU players, keep in mind that US is still on DST, so for us, the stream will be one hour earlier than usual: 9 PM in UK, 10 PM in Germany.

Edited by Jerba

meh .....with all the stress the community is passing through....this feels like us the community r on the titanic ,and we know the captain is drunk....but we don't have means to get to the cabin of controls ,to divert the imminent collision....I try not to b negative...but u guys should log on fleet and see/hear for yr selfs ...I can recap for u if you are too busy and don't have time for that...basicly many r abandoning the ship because the ship seems on a head on collision...you as captain and crew of the ship...should direct people,not make alienate from the drama players r going through....I don't know if I feel like even watchin the stream....what about chapters u can tell us,that we don't get bored doing it after doing it on 1 alt?...Houston...WE GOT A PROBLEM! LOL...U guys seems like you r on the darkside of the moon....you know,astronauts loose communication with ground control when u venture there...but hey,keep it up guys:confused::confused::confused: Edited by aghori_Jedi

Why make a schedule if you can't follow it? Why not give a better explanation for why you are changing things? It only gives a bad impression as if you don't actually know what the class changes will be 1 month before the launch.

Knowing the class changes is something everyone wants to know I would rather learn about the story and difficulty as I play.

Why make a schedule if you can't follow it? Why not give a better explanation for why you are changing things? It only gives a bad impression as if you don't actually know what the class changes will be 1 month before the launch.

Knowing the class changes is something everyone wants to know I would rather learn about the story and difficulty as I play.

Not excusing them, just theorizing, but perhaps they realized that the livestream falls on a thursday and didn't want to go into the weekend on something as potentially explosive as class changes, with no way to be responsive to peoples' concerns.

Not excusing them, just theorizing, but perhaps they realized that the livestream falls on a thursday and didn't want to go into the weekend on something as potentially explosive as class changes, with no way to be responsive to peoples' concerns.

They are not responsive to people's concerns to begin with. They are not changing gearing at all other than the discipline change and they waited the full week until the DvL stream to even address it. They could have the live stream on a monday and spend the rest of the week posting in the forums. Maybe this post is sarcastic, but you can't say they are avoiding doing it because of poor communication when they are the ones that are in charge of everything to begin with.

So fair to say the first 10 minutes will be about a recap for anyone that hasn't seen the previous live streams or read the forums. Though it will ignore any questions that have been raised.

Then we will get shown a chapter everyone has played through from Kofte, then we will see it in veteran mode and it will mean nothing to anyone cause a) Nobody cares and b) we have no idea what the change in difficult will mean because we don't know what power our characters will be without knowing about the changes.

There will be some vague comments about Kotfe, still holding out that choices mattered because something you did pissed Koth off and he left, to come back and then to leave again and will be returning in Kofet where the chapter will be exactly the same though right at the end you may get a chance to kill him. Lana will approve, Theron will whine.

I doubt Charles reads the forums or cares what players think, but has he looked at any of the threads that have been send to the story spoilers section to die, identifying how bad and filled with plot holes the story has been? Does Charles realize that if Senya, Arcann and everyone else that has betrayed or tried to kill you is redeemed or forgiven when they say their sorry and all is forgiven your cheapening the story, invalidating anything that happened in the story and turning this into Playschools fairy tale kingdom where everything can be solved if you say I'm sorry (and chances are many will actually say they did what they wanted and what benefited them the most) and magically everything is alright and everything is forgiven. At that point even mass murder, torture, imprisonment , betrayal etc etc have no consequence in Kofte as simply saying sorry is 'magic' and makes everything alright. And you really are looking to tell a story 4 year old players can get behind.

Bummer. Official info on combat changes would have been awesome. But I understand.

But there are some burning questions that would make a livestream discussion about KOTET story difficulties feel like an awkward discussion about things other than the elephants in the room, such as: why RNG gearing? Please explain the thought process. If you don't come out and tell us the thought process behind this, we can only assume that the logic used is not sound and this must have been some sort of bureaucratic or marketing type decision - one that completely ignores all concepts of good game design. Don't tell me it's not going to be so bad - tell me why you felt the need to fix something that wasn't broken. If you did feel it was broken, help me understand...'cause I really am not seeing it.

P.S. Please tell me that the Veteran difficulty mode will not simply be an increase in the number of skytroopers -_-

Edited by teclado

Agreed. I was really looking forward to something that might be as explosive as RNG gearing. :D

The last thing we need is more drama. We've got 4 weeks for the combat / class changes to be posted up in blogs format. To be perfectly honest, considering the questions relating to what information we have been given are being left unanswered, I fail to see the point in even providing the information? I'm certainly not being excited by what I've seen so far. :(

My thoughts exactly. I was really wanting to see if they could outdo the RNG rage.

Don't worry, the rage will be explosive.

I can't say much here cause of forum rules, but since they let the cat out of the bag about the stances last week, I can assure you that it is the ONLY good thing happening, and even that won't sit well with the pvpers. I recently switched to a mara main b/c of the lack of interest in group content, and now I will have to switch again because the warrior class is being made boring. There is also a huge change affecting all classes that won't help anything, and will make veteran players furious. They are just proving again and again that they have no freaking clue how people who actually play the game feel. This delay is either an attempt to minimize the damage before the release, or they are reconsidering their decisions (doubtful).

So yeah, fasten your seat belts, and grab some popcorn. It's gonna be good lol.

Bummer. Official info on combat changes would have been awesome. But I understand.

But there are some burning questions that would make a livestream discussion about KOTET story difficulties feel like an awkward discussion about things other than the elephants in the room, such as: why RNG gearing? Please explain the thought process. If you don't come out and tell us the thought process behind this, we can only assume that the logic used is not sound and this must have been some sort of bureaucratic or marketing type decision - one that completely ignores all concepts of good game design. Don't tell me it's not going to be so bad - tell me why you felt the need to fix something that wasn't broken. If you did feel it was broken, help me understand...'cause I really am not seeing it.

P.S. Please tell me that the Veteran difficulty mode will not simply be an increase in the number of skytroopers -_-

Will not be increase in number of skytroopers. Just increase in hitpoints and maybe damage dealt. Would be nice if it allowed and required proper use of interrupts and stuns rather than ignore that aspect of combat all together.

Don't worry, the rage will be explosive.

I can't say much here cause of forum rules, but since they let the cat out of the bag about the stances last week, I can assure you that it is the ONLY good thing happening, and even that won't sit well with the pvpers. I recently switched to a mara main b/c of the lack of interest in group content, and now I will have to switch again because the warrior class is being made boring. There is also a huge change affecting all classes that won't help anything, and will make veteran players furious. They are just proving again and again that they have no freaking clue how people who actually play the game feel. This delay is either an attempt to minimize the damage before the release, or they are reconsidering their decisions (doubtful).

So yeah, fasten your seat belts, and grab some popcorn. It's gonna be good lol.

my hearth tell s me every word you wrote its the inevitable truth....my mind is still trying very hard to tell me he is wrong :)

:mon_trap:

Edited by aghori_Jedi

all you needed to do was 1 new gsf map 1 new ops and 1 new wz, and maybe an expansion flash point....that's was the peoples voice for last 2 years......but you ignore that....and u gonna make us grind the hell out of a Korean gameplay just to get gear ,so we can re grind what we were grinding last 2 years...

is that what the community voice asked? REALLY?!.....no no ...but REALLY?

hello.....is there anybody in there?

Edited by aghori_Jedi

Don't really mind the change; looking forward to the stream!

For any EU players, keep in mind that US is still on DST, so for us, the stream will be one hour earlier than usually: 9 PM in UK, 10 PM in Germany.

Thanks Jerba, much appreciated. i would have forgott it, that the US is still on DST :jawa_biggrin:

They are not responsive to people's concerns to begin with. They are not changing gearing at all other than the discipline change and they waited the full week until the DvL stream to even address it. They could have the live stream on a monday and spend the rest of the week posting in the forums. Maybe this post is sarcastic, but you can't say they are avoiding doing it because of poor communication when they are the ones that are in charge of everything to begin with.

Well, I thought of it because Eric has admitted on the livestreams that he's not that great with dates and days, as there was a thing with him almost having something on Thanksgiving. So I figured it's possible that he put together the schedule not thinking about it being on a Thursday and as they got to today, they realized the 3rd is a Thursday and decided class changes were something better suited for beginning of the week.

They have not changed much, but Eric has been pretty good with the expansion info about being in there in the announcement threads and responding to questions.

Edited by Rolodome

Why not just announce the major mechanics changes and then do the livestream afterwards. Anyone who has seen the datamining knows what's going down, just looking for confirmation or denial that what we've seen is true. Also it would be nice to be able to discuss on the forums.

Oh well, one more disappointing decision.