"Legacy" Unlocks?!

SnakeSinger

So, I just purchased the legacy unlocks for the Togruta and the Mirialan species so that I could actually create characters of that species in any of the classes, I've "claimed" them from the "unredeemed" section of the market and yet it STILL won't let me make characters of that species? :mad:

Have I missed something? I'm already a bit befuddled because I thought subscribers could use all the species in all the classes anyway, so annoyed in and of itself that I've had to pay CC to get the unlocks for the classes in the first place! :(

You need to use the unlock items (or sell them on the GTN)

For a subscriber, Mirialan is Republic side only. To unlock the race for imps you need to level a rep Mirialan to level 50. A F2P needs the unlock to be able to create a character of the race.

Togruta and Cathar are a special case they were added later and need to be bought by everyone.

Edited by Mubrak

So, I just purchased the legacy unlocks for the Togruta and the Mirialan species so that I could actually create characters of that species in any of the classes, I've "claimed" them from the "unredeemed" section of the market and yet it STILL won't let me make characters of that species? :mad:

You have to use the item from your inventory to activate it. "Use" = right-click on the item in your inventory.

Edited by Trynitris

Have I missed something? I'm already a bit befuddled because I thought subscribers could use all the species in all the classes anyway, so annoyed in and of itself that I've had to pay CC to get the unlocks for the classes in the first place! :(

The correct way has been explained above. Non-subscribers have access only to Human, Cyborg, and Zabrak species. Subscribers can access all the species, but there are initially per-species class restrictions (e.g. Republic classes cannot be "red" Zabraks, Consulars cannot be Cyborgs, etc.).

You can lift those restrictions in two ways: level a character of that species to level 50, at which point it is unlocked for all other classes, or buy, claim, and use the Cartel Market unlock. Note that levelling a Zabrak of either colour to 50 unlocks red Zabraks for the Republic classes AND brown Zabraks for the Imperial classes.

Because you cannot even create a Cathar or Togruta character without buying the unlock, much less level one to 50, the only way to access these species is to buy the unlock.