Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does Sniper MM stack up to Merc Arsenal in PVP and PVE?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
How does Sniper MM stack up to Merc Arsenal in PVP and PVE?

Arstechnica
08.31.2017 , 07:07 PM | #1
What do you guys think?
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order
You registered your Pre-Order code on July 22, 2011
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from the force.
Department of Applied Technologies
Beta Squadron 367

KumbayaGOD
09.01.2017 , 09:31 PM | #2
both are as good in pve and pvp
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

shelobfirexx
09.04.2017 , 08:43 PM | #3
Arsenal merc is EZ mode (easy). It is probably the easiest spec in the game to get something vaguely decent. MM Sniper is also quite easy, but has the added benefits of being a sniper...
People talk a lot about Arsenal defensives being way to op, however people dont talk about sniper defensives. Mercs have 3 very strong defensives; a sniper has Ballistic Dampers (ALWAYS take this utility), shield probe, evasion, roll, entrench, bag of tricks and last but definitely not least, the glory shield. IMO these are more useful in the game; in pvp a little, but in pve a lot more useful. I tanked the bonus boss on hammer station (although I was in engineering) and I healed for 1k, and absorbed 3.5k. Thats a total of 4.5k mitigation without dropping dps. Try and get a merc to do that.
The rub is that for a sniper to use these optimally takes much more work and practise (hint hint, its harder), but if you can do that then I would definitely go for sniper.

(Having said all this I dont like MM in pvp, too many casts...)