Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Saboteur/Engineering Guide 3.0+

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Saboteur/Engineering Guide 3.0+

Zoidrinali
03.11.2015 , 04:01 AM | #11
Thing you have to remember is engineering has never been that popular, try messaging Eric or Tait to get it stickied.
Es'carli D'Lakutos (Active) - Baine Os Juros (Active)
Engineering spec

Camelpockets
03.11.2015 , 08:52 PM | #12
Aww the love

Appreciate you guys reading the guide!

And I'll see if I can get Musco to get this stickied.
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony & Shadowlands

gsummers
03.13.2015 , 10:01 AM | #13
Saboteur is hands down my favorite spec in the game! I tried other specs briefly, but nothing can compare with endless grenades and explosives

Camelpockets
03.16.2015 , 02:21 PM | #14
Update inbound!

So I'm playing around with some different optimization ideas to see what is the most "optimal". My gunslinger now has full 198's (Minus MH and Bracer armoring), so I think it's time to experiment what would be the best for a Saboteur/Engineer.

These are the options I will be exploring for now:

1 Alacrity Piece, 3 Surge pieces (roughly 69%)
2 Alacrity Pieces, 2 Surge pieces (64.8%)
2 Alacrity pieces , 2 Surge Pieces, 1 Surge Augment (66.8%)

I'll be doing 14 Minute parses each day with each build (when I can), all done WITHOUT using Hightail it/Covered Escape. I'll post my results here so you folks can see. If anyone wants to help, post your parses here so we can get a better estimate. (If you wish to help, you must be very close to full 198's so crit is not tampered with too much. Crit and Power will be factors here as well, but I can't control those factors very well. Also, I'm running with 302 crit rating, for those who are wondering.)

Results:

Day 1
2 Alac - 4640
1 Alac - 4700
2 Alac + Surge Aug - TBD
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist

TACeMossie
03.16.2015 , 11:48 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Camelpockets View Post
Update inbound!

So I'm playing around with some different optimization ideas to see what is the most "optimal". My gunslinger now has full 198's (Minus MH and Bracer armoring), so I think it's time to experiment what would be the best for a Saboteur/Engineer.

These are the options I will be exploring for now:

1 Alacrity Piece, 3 Surge pieces (roughly 69%)
2 Alacrity Pieces, 2 Surge pieces (64.8%)
2 Alacrity pieces , 2 Surge Pieces, 1 Surge Augment (66.8%)

I'll be doing 14 Minute parses each day with each build (when I can), all done WITHOUT using Hightail it/Covered Escape. I'll post my results here so you folks can see. If anyone wants to help, post your parses here so we can get a better estimate. (If you wish to help, you must be very close to full 198's so crit is not tampered with too much. Crit and Power will be factors here as well, but I can't control those factors very well. Also, I'm running with 302 crit rating, for those who are wondering.)

Results:

Day 1
2 Alac - 4640
1 Alac - 4700
2 Alac + Surge Aug - TBD

Oh I got another one I wanna see you look at:
600 Alacrity rating + 240-360 Surge rating.
Get there however you want, but I wanna see how it goes.

Before you laugh at me, it works for VGs, it works for Shadows, it works for Sents, and in theory it works with Mandos (haven't tested it on one of them yet).

If I have to wait till the next PTS cycle, so be it. I just wanna see how it would go.

The reason why it should work is we are currently at very high levels of Power + Cunning, as well as having a great contribution from Tech Power + Weapon damage, so that 0.2415 extra damage per point of power is not worth as much as the percent boost given by alacrity.

Regardless, it does need either acc augments or alac augments to pull it off, but regardless i'd be interested in seeing if my modeled estimation of ~600-720 alacrity + 240-360 surge for VGs/PTs carries into every spec in 198s.
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

Steefr
03.17.2015 , 03:19 AM | #16
Hey everyone and especially to camel. I made the switch to engineering from mm about a month ago and i really love.

Your guide helped me a ton and the work you've put into all this is really appreciated.

Anyway just wanted your opinion on my current stats/gear: i have full optimized 192 6 setpiece with 2 revanite implants and 1 revanite relic. (hoping to get the bulo hm head tonight). Also have some 198 enhancement from the mk-2 drops on hm.
  • So accuracy: 99,89 or 745
  • Crit:: 319
  • Surge: 351
  • Alacrity: 111[
Not sure if this is important but: endurance: 4330/ Cunning: 4351/power=1712

So if anyone could take a look at this, and suggest changes or smth that would be great. Ofcourse if it's already perfect that's fine too

Anyway first time posting on the forums; thanks again for the guide.

Camelpockets
03.17.2015 , 08:45 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Steefr View Post
Hey everyone and especially to camel. I made the switch to engineering from mm about a month ago and i really love.

Your guide helped me a ton and the work you've put into all this is really appreciated.

Anyway just wanted your opinion on my current stats/gear: i have full optimized 192 6 setpiece with 2 revanite implants and 1 revanite relic. (hoping to get the bulo hm head tonight). Also have some 198 enhancement from the mk-2 drops on hm.
  • So accuracy: 99,89 or 745
  • Crit:: 319
  • Surge: 351
  • Alacrity: 111[
Not sure if this is important but: endurance: 4330/ Cunning: 4351/power=1712

So if anyone could take a look at this, and suggest changes or smth that would be great. Ofcourse if it's already perfect that's fine too

Anyway first time posting on the forums; thanks again for the guide.
My only thing to add on is to drop a mainstat/power (looks like you are running MS) Augs for an Accuracy one to put you over 100%.
Camels the Revanchist

Camelpockets
03.17.2015 , 08:47 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Oh I got another one I wanna see you look at:
600 Alacrity rating + 240-360 Surge rating.
Get there however you want, but I wanna see how it goes.

Before you laugh at me, it works for VGs, it works for Shadows, it works for Sents, and in theory it works with Mandos (haven't tested it on one of them yet).

If I have to wait till the next PTS cycle, so be it. I just wanna see how it would go.

The reason why it should work is we are currently at very high levels of Power + Cunning, as well as having a great contribution from Tech Power + Weapon damage, so that 0.2415 extra damage per point of power is not worth as much as the percent boost given by alacrity.

Regardless, it does need either acc augments or alac augments to pull it off, but regardless i'd be interested in seeing if my modeled estimation of ~600-720 alacrity + 240-360 surge for VGs/PTs carries into every spec in 198s.
That is some wacky set-up for sure lol. I just got some monies with nothing to do with it. I'll play with it cuz lol. Thanks for the suggestion Tac!
Camels the Revanchist

Steefr
03.17.2015 , 09:08 AM | #19
Ok thx camel i'll put in another accuracy one. Btw is there a big difference between power/mainstat for augments ? Should i do full MS or power, or split between them ? (except for the accuracy ones ofcourse)

Camelpockets
03.17.2015 , 09:13 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Steefr View Post
Ok thx camel i'll put in another accuracy one. Btw is there a big difference between power/mainstat for augments ? Should i do full MS or power, or split between them ? (except for the accuracy ones ofcourse)
The difference between MS/Power is very minor. In a raiding scenario it won't matter. As long as the pieces are augged you're good
Camels the Revanchist