What sidequests matter for main story dialogue?

TWDuke

I know that some dialogue changes based on what you did outside of the main story, like doing boarding party/foundry FPs. I would imagine planetary arcs might matter as well, and while I am ready to do these arcs and bonus series, I kinda fear doing every single little sidequest like "kill x of these and come back / plant some bombs / sabotage" that are just singular and have no follow-up.

Anyone stumbled upon instances where those mini standalone quests matter too for main story dialogue, or can I skip those without having to worry?

As far as I know, the only things that influence main-story dialogue (outside of main-story dialogue choices) are flashpoints. (During Onslaught, you'll meet someone who refers back to meeting your Pubsider during The Esseles, for example.)

Hmm. No. I'm wrong.

For Impsiders, on Dromund Kaas, the <Story Arc> mission series (picked up from Sandor by the taxi station at The Wall) is referenced during Prelude to Revan / Shadow of Revan, and you get a choice of lines that depend on what you decided then.

Anyone stumbled upon instances where those mini standalone quests matter too for main story dialogue, or can I skip those without having to worry?

I believe there are zero side quests that directly impact main story progression aside from minor fan service flavor text. Prime example of this is Sith Warrior. You can either aide or circumvent Malora when y'all are both on Korriban way back to levels 1-10. Depending on how you execute the quest determines how she greets you during Onslaught.

Side note. If you're a Bounty Hunter and decide to skip/boost past Chapters 1-3 on your class quest, you'll be referred to as simply "Bounty Hunter" by Darth Marr at the start of Rise of the Hutt Cartel, the same way as if you were to decline Mandalore's offer to be adopted by his clan during Chapters 2 (or 3, I forget). If you were to accept Mandalore's offer, Darth Marr would refer to you as "Mandalorian"

Edited by Foxrynn
Clarification

I believe there are zero side quests that directly impact main story progression aside from minor fan service flavor text. Prime example of this is Sith Warrior. You can either aide or circumvent Malora when y'all are both on Korriban way back to levels 1-10. Depending on how you execute the quest determines how she greets you during Onslaught.

That's applicable to Sith Inquisitors as well (the mission on Korriban can be done by any Sith Something class), and she greets you during Jedi Under Siege, not Onslaught.

That's applicable to Sith Inquisitors as well (the mission on Korriban can be done by any Sith Something class), and she greets you during Jedi Under Siege, not Onslaught.

You're right! I always get them mixed up! Also, I should of figured it was for both classes.... I only ever did it on my Sith Warrior!