Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes in 6.1 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Class Changes in 6.1 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Delani
01.16.2020 , 09:47 PM | #51
Please address dps Juggernauts and Guardians, they need survivabilty or stun immunity

Delani
01.16.2020 , 09:47 PM | #52
Also, will there be any more set bonuses, tacticals, or amplifiers being added to 6.1

Delani
01.16.2020 , 09:51 PM | #53
Give madness sorcerer force lightning on the move and they will be balanced.

Gytheran
01.16.2020 , 11:23 PM | #54
Seriously, why in the hell are you nerfing sorcs? For once, as madness, I can finally compete with other classes... and now you're nerfing the crap out of them? For what reason? We aren't even the top dps as it is...

Xxthor
01.16.2020 , 11:36 PM | #55
Dear Developers,
1. Since the launch of 6.0 Sorcerer healers have been seen as very undesirable in the raiding community. I am a sorcerer and mercenary healer main. Ive healer as a sorc and merc since the launch of the game. 6.0 is the first expansion where I have been turned down in raid teams solely based on one thing: because I want to play on a sorc healer.

2. Sorcerer healers have not changed at all. The tacticals that sorc healers can use are not fun or different. They donít change the way sorc healers play, or make them exciting. In fact, the tacticals available to sorc healers are talked about as jokes frequently. They are so un original/unexciting/ineffective that the raiding community is laughing at them and that makes me sad because I really enjoyed playing sorc, but now mercenary and operative healers are much more exciting/new/good to play.

Could you breath some life into sorcs healers? Can we get a tactical change that makes sorcs heals new and exciting to play?

Wonderful job on all of the other classes/specs! Tacticals have made so many classes/specs so much fun to play, please keep it up, and please consider doing something to sorc healers to make them fun and exciting like all of the other specs in the game.

Sending support and happy vibes your way Developers,

Xxthor
BubbleButt - Marauder
Psyfive - Operative

kerplunkcatt
01.17.2020 , 01:27 AM | #56
Oh well, fellow Sorcs. We had a good run while it lasted (all 3 months). Back to middle-of-the-pack PVE DPS so that PVP can be a little more balanced. Honestly, say what you will, but aside from Stormwatch I would say that the sorc was right where it should have been. Bring SW down a little, and viola, perfectly balanced in my opinion. It really sucks that this is going to further reinforce the already-true idea that Lightning and, moreover, SW is the only spec/tac worth using for a sorc DPS, especially in PVE. All the while, this doesn't make any of the other set bonuses worth taking for any reason. This just nerfs the BIS Set for DPS sorcs, and it remains BIS, thus it's just a straight nerf.

The thing that really irks me about this is that I feel the sorc is where it should have been. Snipers are still parsing higher in Vir than sorcs using SW; moreover half of their rotation consists of Lethal Shot, but the sorc must have been hitting harder in PVP, so here comes the nerf bat. It is really disheartening to just know that anytime the sorc steps a little above mediocrity, about 3 months goes by before they are smacked right back into the middle-of-the-road. Last time this happened was 3.0 with the (Admittedly ridiculous) Force Storm spam, now this.

It is really frustrating that I've been a sorc player for a little over 7 years, and I am constantly hardcapped in my PVE content (DPS-wise) because of the performance in PVP. I thought that was one such discrepancy that the Tactical/ Set Bonus Choices were meant to solve; to make it easier to balance each PVP and PVE on their own terms without affecting the other in overt, game-changing ways.

Thanks for anyone that managed to make it to the end of my whining.
Heidyn - Sorcerer

Dragonslayer / From Beyond / Revanchist

Ahwassa
01.17.2020 , 03:25 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Xxthor View Post
Dear Developers,
6.0 is the first expansion where I have been turned down in raid teams solely based on one thing: because I want to play on a sorc healer. In fact, the tacticals available to sorc healers are talked about as jokes frequently.
Same. Our tacticals are so useless it hurts.
Also while sorcs are underperforming and mercs are overperforming, who gets nerfed? Sorc healer.

Please Bioware: Sorc healer needs better tacticals!

Nee-Elder
01.17.2020 , 03:47 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Literally none of these changes address any of the balance concerns of 6.0. Who the hell is working on the combat team?

Have they ever played pvp?
Doubtful , since typically Devs (coders) rarely have time to actually play the game their coding. And certainly not enough actual PVP to get a true feel from-the-battleground.

In BioWare's defense, however, they are busy af with such a small crew nowadays and i'm guessing their job must be practically impossible since they have to "balance" things not only for pvp but also for PVE.

My hunch is their primary source of "what we need to change" is the coveted metrics.

-----
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
I think it is time to separate pve and pvp abilities from the characters. .
They never should've combined them in the first place imo.

Bring back pvp 'expertise' . Most players are still constantly "swapping gear sets" (and tacticals) now anyways.

-----
Quote: Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
Devs please read. This is the direction you should take. Thanks Hoppin..
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
Yeap this is very important post from Hoppin, .
QFE x 3 , Hoppin's post is def. legit feedback: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...59#post9813759
Never tell me the odds!

EmperorRus
01.17.2020 , 04:54 AM | #59
Sadness is now arguably the worst spec for Solo Ranked.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mora_new View Post
Okay, nerf GS but give alternative, i hate this set because I must use FS on cd, it's one of the best mobility skills and with this set i can't it use when i need this ability, or do all sets on other classes with inconvenient sets, like buff to sniper only after roll, buff to opers only after roll, not just like now Established Foothold, almost classes must do nothing for good DMG, but sorcs must use mobile ability for damage? Why are you kidding us? WE must use some stupid buffs like this and we are not even close to top damage dealers.
Agreed.

Anyaka_Jedi
01.17.2020 , 07:17 AM | #60
Hi, shadow/vanguard tank here. I feel kind of forgotten. Any chance of getting tanking tacticals/setbonuses that aren't underwhelming and lackluster?

P.S. WTB Emergency Power from the vendor