Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes in 6.1 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Class Changes in 6.1 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EmperorRus
01.26.2020 , 06:49 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Thank you for the feedback so far, keep it coming!
EricMusco, have you ever heard of a discipline called "Madness"? Can we expect a buff? Something?

omeru
01.26.2020 , 08:46 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
Solo ranked is ruined because of dps guarding each other especially in games with healers and doing tank's roles. Healers can easily outheal two dps who are cross-guarding each other and team wihout two guards literally has no chances. And in 4 dps vs 4 dps games assassin can easily guard his allies and not die thanks to double vanish and double full hp regen...can you pls Rethink dps guarding in solo ranked please??dps should not be able to cross guard each other like tanks and not dying from it. It just makes tanks USELESS and gives dps with guard huge advantage.
Yes imagine 3 melee dpses which has guards are having worst survivability in even healer games so stay alive against classes like marauder, sorcerer, merc or sniper they have to guard each other and this strat wont even work against a good enemy who can actually swap target to guy who is guarding. You can kill a jugg even with a guard with just ccing healer and swapping target to swap guard and in most of the times even just tunneling him with insane damage of sorc, sniper, mara, merc, oper vs. In every game melee has better DR better survivability than ranged classes but not this game. All ranged classes has much more survivability, more took to control melee and they are insanrly faster.

Sorry mate but in current meta a juggernaut is by far worst class in game and stupid damage from other classes can destroy them easily, sins are also not gret with survivability and what makes them op is stupid maul spam which should be adressed much earlier but when you have clown team they will just ignore it.

You vou can punish guarding with swapping target and make them suffer but i guess you like pushing buttons on a targt instead of changing target. Believe me guard swapping is much harder than target swapping, just play smarter.

omeru
01.26.2020 , 08:49 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
As long as they nerf deception sins and concealment ops harder, first, then a small nerf to lightning would be fine.
Small nerf to lightning? They need a real nerf they hit like a truck and has dr like a tank, you need whole team to kille a good LS and he will still do high damage under pressure unlike merc. LS would need a nerf either survivability or damage.

omeru
01.26.2020 , 09:01 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
For this reason we are going to hold those changes until a future patch when the rest of the changes are planned.

-eric
So when this future class balance patch is gonna happen? Next year? It is already 3 moths after expansion class balance patch should already finished and you should be doing fine tuninig atm.

JediMasterAlex
01.26.2020 , 01:18 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by omeru View Post
Small nerf to lightning? They need a real nerf they hit like a truck and has dr like a tank, you need whole team to kille a good LS and he will still do high damage under pressure unlike merc. LS would need a nerf either survivability or damage.
This is nonsense. Good teams, especially those with maras and ops, can totally shut down lightning sorcs if they properly pursue them. There is abundant evidence of this fact in ranked, both in NA and EU.

And mercs still have the ability to do good damage under pressure. it's also trivial for them to take a lot more damage before they die than sorcs. The problem is that they usually still die faster due to a relative lack of mobility.

KendraP
01.26.2020 , 02:18 PM | #146
Yes imagine 3 melee dpses which has guards are having worst survivability in even healer games so stay alive against classes like marauder, sorcerer, merc or sniper they have to guard each other and this strat wont even work against a good enemy who can actually swap target to guy who is guarding. You can kill a jugg even with a guard with just ccing healer and swapping target to swap guard and in most of the times even just tunneling him with insane damage of sorc, sniper, mara, merc, oper vs. In every game melee has better DR better survivability than ranged classes but not this game. All ranged classes has much more survivability, more took to control melee and they are insanrly faster.

Sorry mate but in current meta a juggernaut is by far worst class in game and stupid damage from other classes can destroy them easily, sins are also not gret with survivability and what makes them op is stupid maul spam which should be adressed much earlier but when you have clown team they will just ignore it.

You vou can punish guarding with swapping target and make them suffer but i guess you like pushing buttons on a targt instead of changing target. Believe me guard swapping is much harder than target swapping, just play smarter.
While I don't think it's a huge problem, if taking guard away from my vigi guardian meant getting some form of functional antifocus or the release of the tactical that reduces FD cd, I'd accept it. Most of the protection I do tends to be through taunting on cd anyway. Guard is much higher risk for the reward it gives, and yes, I'm someone who has guarded as a dps effectively in 4v4.

omeru
01.26.2020 , 02:52 PM | #147
This is nonsense. Good teams, especially those with maras and ops, can totally shut down lightning sorcs if they properly pursue them. There is abundant evidence of this fact in ranked, but in NA and EU.

And mercs still have the ability to do good damage under pressure. it's also trivial for them to take a lot more damage before they die than sorcs. The problem is that they usually still die faster due to a relative lack of mobility.
Do you think amount of damage a LS sorc can do and amount of dr and tools they have perfectly balanced for solo ranked? I think LS sorcs do big damage compared to their survivability one of them needs nerf and opposite goes for madness sorc they need a little survivability boost. Also i didnt claim maras and opers damage and tools are balanced either they need some rework aw especially with their auto crits.

Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
While I don't think it's a huge problem, if taking guard away from my vigi guardian meant getting some form of functional antifocus or the release of the tactical that reduces FD cd, I'd accept it. Most of the protection I do tends to be through taunting on cd anyway. Guard is much higher risk for the reward it gives, and yes, I'm someone who has guarded as a dps effectively in 4v4.
Guard is double edged sword, might win a game or if enemy plays smart can cause you end up dead. ED-FD tactical is a myth it doesnt exist if it was ready it would already be in game but with tht tactical can make a jugg live long enough to use another ed but still without getting guard i dont thing a jugg can live 40 sec in this burst meta. In 4v4 guarding is a big risk and in 2v2 might be game changer but who complains about guard are generally oper, sorc or merc who religiously off heals their teammates which is fine for them but taking half of someone elses damage over you is game breaking Snave always complains about guard and he heals his teammates and his defense is you lose gcd while healing but you dont lose anything if you guard. You lose your health and you cant do damage if your are dead just swap target and force the guarding use big dcds or stealth where he becomes vulnerable or has to leave combat where he can do dps or guard again or just dead.

KendraP
01.26.2020 , 03:12 PM | #148
Guard is double edged sword, might win a game or if enemy plays smart can cause you end up dead. ED-FD tactical is a myth it doesnt exist if it was ready it would already be in game but with tht tactical can make a jugg live long enough to use another ed but still without getting guard i dont thing a jugg can live 40 sec in this burst meta. In 4v4 guarding is a big risk and in 2v2 might be game changer but who complains about guard are generally oper, sorc or merc who religiously off heals their teammates which is fine for them but taking half of someone elses damage over you is game breaking Snave always complains about guard and he heals his teammates and his defense is you lose gcd while healing but you dont lose anything if you guard. You lose your health and you cant do damage if your are dead just swap target and force the guarding use big dcds or stealth where he becomes vulnerable or has to leave combat where he can do dps or guard again or just dead.
This is why I even said "guarding is a high risk for the reward it gives". It can be occasionally useful, however. That's why I say, if the fact we have the group utility of guarding as a dps is why we cant have nice things as a dps guardian, I'll take an antifocus (again, I've suggested in the past improving reflect from being force/ranged/tech attacks to including melee, and it could be as simple as releasing the tactical they claim they made).

TLDR: I dont see guard as a huge problem, because of how squishy we are anyway, but if its guard or get a real antifocus tool, I'll take the antifocus tool.

JediMasterAlex
01.26.2020 , 04:21 PM | #149
Do you think amount of damage a LS sorc can do and amount of dr and tools they have perfectly balanced for solo ranked? I think LS sorcs do big damage compared to their survivability one of them needs nerf and opposite goes for madness sorc they need a little survivability boost. Also i didnt claim maras and opers damage and tools are balanced either they need some rework aw especially with their auto crits.
A small nerf to damage would be fine as long as they nerfed deception and concealment first, which is pretty much what I said before lol.

This take is hilariously wrong. Offhealing is pitiful and useless compared to offguarding. You're using very valuable gcds to delay the inevitable in most cases. Offguarding completely changes the complexion of games. And the class that offguards, sins, can stealth out and heal to full multiple times, so your point about not being able to get that health back is totally moot.

KendraP
01.26.2020 , 06:01 PM | #150
This take is hilariously wrong. Offhealing is pitiful and useless compared to offguarding. You're using very valuable gcds to delay the inevitable in most cases. Offguarding completely changes the complexion of games. And the class that offguards, sins, can stealth out and heal to full multiple times, so your point about not being able to get that health back is totally moot.
Not saying I agree with him, but I'm about 95% sure hes not even considering sins. I'm about that certain hes only thinking of guardians.