New Strategy for LR-5 in Lost Island HM

Hey all, I did a brief search for strategies and didn't see this one anywhere, but I seriously doubt we are the first to come up with it. Either way, I thought I'd share it.

Group Comp:

Juggernaut Tank

Sorcerer DPS

Sniper DPS

Operative Healer

Basically, we had the tank stay in the middle, since the DPS were all ranged. The other three would then bunch up where we wanted the lightning bubble to drop. Rather than having the person with the bubble run, everyone else would move to the next spot. Then, once the circle was blue, the target would then come to the next spot. All the while keeping up the dps and heals.

This seemed to work quite well for us, and we were able to control the fight much better than when trying to wait for the circle and move the bubble then, since the time isn't great and you don't know for sure who will get it (since the 2nd highest can change throughout the fight).

This strategy allowed us to plan exactly where we wanted to bubble to drop, by just all being together in one spot, then moving when the bubble was set.

Granted, it certainly helped that we had ranged dps, but I think if the tank puts a guard on a melee dps, then you could do the same thing with the remaining two party members. I don't know if it would work as well with two melee dps, though.

Anyway, just thought I'd share, since it was the first time I'd actually finished LI HM. We'd always struggled before, whether it be because of lag or group composition or bad planning.

Edited by AMulls

That is a pretty common strategy already.

D'oh! Figured we weren't the first to think of it.

Everything I'd see up to that point, though, talked about moving the bubble, rather than the people.

Oh well, still glad to have finally beaten it!

Dunno if I'm only one to notice, but on my sniper, when I stay at 34 m, ball never drops on me, neither adds aggro me. so, tank is not annoyed by moving, healer have one person less to heal (I literally ake 0 dmg) and dps can focus on max dps rotations killing boss fast and simple.

OH god no matter how many times I tell others stand still till its blue while other move away. Work in a clock wise or counter clock wise motions. What do i get people running around all scattered. Electric fields all scattered or all them were plopped near the healer (me). Its to a point I dont want to do LI anymore.

I had some groups were we all worked together and knew what do do. Than the majority of it is groups I just want to bang my head so many times off my keyboard.

I dont like having to spend out more creds for repair than what I am getting for reward for finishing a HM fp.

Did LI HM for the first time since the changes last night.

As a ranged DPS now when I get the white circle I move back to the last bubble so that I'm right on the edge when it drops so the two are as close together as possible. I barley had to move doing this last night.

You can also use the all be in one spot strat. with a Shadow DPS since now the white circle makes it easy mode to see where the bubble drops. Once the Shadow gets the circle he can speed over to the preferred target area and then get back to the boss. Might be tough if group DPS is low but by now that's probably isn't a problem for most groups.

when i do it with my friend tanking we allways just go for the kite tactic. It just is the easier tactic when you got some pug unexperienced dps there. At least if he´s melee. All stick together with a bit of ranged to the tank ofc and just keep nuking the boss, when adds come in i´m allready in the melee group(i´m the healer) so even a pug dps will know to do some aoe attack. The ranged adds are no problem realy.