You should always vote an MVP

Rykko

Even if it was the worst 6-0 Huttball in 3 minutes ever, voting for MVP = people on your server can get better gear and level faster.

If the opposing faction is voting and you're not, they're getting extra commendations etc. and your side isn't so you're handing them an edge for free.

Hell, you could even vote for the guy who did the worst as he needs all the help he can get. :jawa_tongue::t_tongue:

Couldn't agree more also, take note if you have healers please. I have healed more than anybody else has done in damage and got 0 MVPs where the marauder/jugg combos I keep up almost indefinitely get all the votes...

I want easy commendations!

Couldn't agree more also, take note if you have healers please. I have healed more than anybody else has done in damage and got 0 MVPs where the marauder/jugg combos I keep up almost indefinitely get all the votes...

I want easy commendations!

I always compare the two before voting.

Healers never get mvp. All these wow kids give them for is to the kill stealers and the damagers.

I agree, every time i do well in a BG and get some good caps or charges planted i end up with 0 to 1 MVP vote while the people with highest damage walk away with at least 3.

The game does have a good system in place with the medals and points you rank up for doing objectives but people seem to just ignore it all, its sad really.

Seriously... if you are so addicted to wow that you have to keep mentioning it in swtor forums, maybe it's time to go back to wow.

Why? it is undeniably the best point of reference for MMO PvP/PvE, people who are determined to forget about it really have to get the chip off their shoulders. While I agree that the specific point you were referencing was a bit low key it doesn't mean that WoW should never be mentioned ever again, why no malice against UO/DaoC?

I usually MVP the player I see trying to make an impact on a match. That can either be by healing, defending at a node on Alderaan, scoring in Huttball, or any number of other ways. I think it is important to be observant and vote for the person who is doing their role well while also helping their team accomplish the objective.

Besides, I hate voting for Inquisitors and they seem to always be the top healers.

I usually mvp the healer (who usually get the most mvps, so maybe you guys are just on nub servers) but I'lll avoid mvping the top healer if he's just healed the zerg and not tried to support, say, the ball carrier.

The MVP system is a bit strange since it requires a team-based vote. Healers won't get it unless they're in every DPS player's face, or if they do something particularly noticeable. Any case where the match is "mediocre" for both sides and support roles have no chance.

I use a cascading priority, Top Objective > Top Healed > Names I recognize as contributing (same person keeps scoring in Huttball, people calling out incs in Alderaan, etc)

I agree; but to extrapolate further, I think Objective and Heals could easily be viewed as the same with DPS vote going when you can't vote Heals, or Objective.

IE: We Lose - Heals gets the vote. (we just need to award healers since there's too few usually)

We Win - Objective gets the vote. (unless Heals is just ridiculously high)

Then there are those guys (usually the top deeps) that you'll recognize and vote MVP if the first two reasons haven't been exhausted already.

All this love for healers, what about the tanks who guard you? Speaking of which more of you tanks need to start guarding people already.

I will vote for the tank (Or DPS) who guards me, it's just that and I don't mean to generalize but a lot of people simply don't care about the healer who helps them, they expect you to keep them alive with them doing no peeling whatsoever.

In my experience when people vote MVP they mostly vote low/mid range so they don't ruin their own chance of winning. System is flawed to the core :rolleyes:

And if by chance they are voting for stats, its usually the guy with most damage/fewest kills, usually the backbone of the useless zerg fighting in the middle of the field.

I know I got one MVP vote just for calling incs, because I easily had the worst score in the game (I don't have my desktop yet, so I'm sitting pretty with my 2 fps). Who needs a good graphics card to spam that heal hotkey and chat, amirite?

Anyway, thanks to those of you who don't just look at the dmg numbers!