Can I run the game of a external drive?

Elion

Tought I would move the game folder over to a external drive , so I can play at afriends house this weekend, will that work ?

Also some bonus questions ..

- Anyone know about the deflect , if it sends damage back and If one can boost it ? I dont see it harming enemies. (as it should when a laser flies back)

- Can one group pvp in anyway? just would make it fun meeting a group of the enemy faction and do a little war XD

Edited by Elion

I'll say yes, but conditionally:

USB is slow in terms of read/write access for hard drives. If your external HD has a USB3 connection and your friend's PC has USB3 ports, then it'll probably be OK, but still slower than an internal HD.

If, by chance, it's a SATA external HD and the PC you'll be using at your friend's place has external SATA ports, you'll be fine.

Copying the game from one place to another works fine without any additional steps unless you want icons placed in random areas of your PC (e.g., start menu, desktop), so that isn't the issue. The only thing you should worry about is the read speed of the external HD.

It should be noted that USB3 is still somewhat new and not likely to be on your friend's PC unless it's a more recently purchased/built machine. USB2 (or 1) will potentially give you more headache than it's worth.