Do they plan to sell TIME in the cartel market? IRL is for noobs I guess.

BenduKundalini

Somewhere, somewhow, is someone chuckling at the thought people are going to spend even more time chained to their computers? Someone who couldn't care LESS for tensions in families work etc ?

The someone who decides on the requirements for DvL - yeah, go through the whole Revan thing again, 8 brand new chars to 50, etc, or the man hours/ price to open up ONE flagship room. Why not all advanced classes, or all disciplines while we're at it? Why not 4000 encryptions/dark projects per door instead of 400?

"Yeah, it can't be TOO MUCH time, can it?"

Making the gameplay ludicrously easy on the one hand, and the man hours ludicrously long on the other.

My two cents on how our actual life time is in fact impacted like puppets by the crazy decisions of some reckless dev.

I know, we can always NOT PLAY.

Edited by BenduKundalini

Somewhere, somewhow, is someone chuckling at the thought people are going to spend even more time chained to their computers? Someone who couldn't care LESS for tensions in families work etc ?

The someone who decides on the requirements for DvL - yeah, go through the whole Revan thing again, 8 brand new chars to 50, etc, or the man hours/ price to open up ONE flagship room. Why not all advanced classes, or all disciplines while we're at it? Why not 4000 encryptions/dark projects per door instead of 400?

Making the gameplay ludicrously easy on the one hand, and the man hours ludicrously long on the other.

My two cents on how our actual life time is in fact impacted like puppets by the crazy decisions of some reckless dev.

Two thoughts - just IMO - never, ever let a game cause tension with your family. The moment you suspect it is, you need to take month off.

That said, of course they can sell time in the CM.

3-hour CXP Boost 220cc

5 pack 1000cc

I'm sorry to break it to you, but the goal of any game designer is to make the player spend as much time in their game as possible. That Is The Point.

No, goal of game designer is to get as much money from the game as possible, unless they belong to those game designers who make the game becouse they want to play it.

Goal of game designers should be is to give everyone as much fun as possible. RL has enough annoying and bad stuff, games are supposed to be all about fun. Sometimes that fun involves serious things like (this is not spoiler, i just made it up) blowing up couple of planets and loosing your beloved companions. But fun or enjoyment/etc is what game designers should always aim at. Games can always be something else too, like relaxing or educational, but that happens best when you have fun.

No, goal of game designer is to get as much money from the game as possible, unless they belong to those game designers who make the game becouse they want to play it.

Goal of game designers should be is to give everyone as much fun as possible. RL has enough annoying and bad stuff, games are supposed to be all about fun. Sometimes that fun involves serious things like (this is not spoiler, i just made it up) blowing up couple of planets and loosing your beloved companions. But fun or enjoyment/etc is what game designers should always aim at. Games can always be something else too, like relaxing or educational, but that happens best when you have fun.

Which, simply, is if you are having fun, you want to spend as much time in it as possible (which happens to also make money)

... can someone translate that? Is he complaining about the DvL event, or flag ships or how easy the game is? :confused:

So many words to say nothing. Should consider a career in politics.

He complains how it seems that dark vs light event is designed for "no-lifers", and how doing well in game means you can´t have real life.

And pre 4.0 i would have agreed with OP. But post 4.0 i disagree, game is now designed so that you can spend as much or as little time in it as you want. If you only want to enjoy the story, only play purple missions. You can also only play class stories if you have already played planetary missions on both factions. Or start at level 60 if you want. And quick travel can also be used far far often.

This thread title doesn't match up with the thread post.

I came in here expecting the topic to be about them considering to sell game time via cc or credits, similar to wow and gold.

Yes it does match. He wants games to sell time so he can spend more time playing games. You just expected he talked about sub time. It may have been misleading, but it matches actually perfectly to his post.

Yes it does match. He wants games to sell time so he can spend more time playing games. You just expected he talked about sub time. It may have been misleading, but it matches actually perfectly to his post.

Selling "Time" in MMO's usually refers to selling Game sub time, not time irl.

Maybe these people that are complaining don't have enough sarcasm for you to understand. It is not the time it is the tedium. Making a change to character classes so people have to relearn them is not the same as making new character classes. Having an event so you have to rerun old content is not the same as coming up with new content. If you had to eat a plain chicken breast and peas for every meal for the next two years you might get a little sick of it. You still have to eat though and since there is no other option you do what you must and dream of steak.

Of course i am assuming he is being sarcastic, because most people that play games want to spend time playing them.

Edited by ottomadduxone

... can someone translate that? Is he complaining about the DvL event, or flag ships or how easy the game is? :confused:

So many words to say nothing. Should consider a career in politics.

He would like if the game were structured in a way that respected the players time a bit more.

He gave the example of the absurd requirements for the DvL event and for unlocking guild ship areas.

I agree with him.