Can't Trade Between your own Light Side & Dark Side characters

JeffRhoten

I built two characters with the intention of trying both light side and dark side, and having their crew skills cross over so they'd compliment each other well. The problem? Mailing items from light side characters to dark side characters is forbidden!

How terrible! Once you've chosen a side and dumped hours into it there's no way to use that hard work to help you out on the other side...

I built two characters with the intention of trying both light side and dark side, and having their crew skills cross over so they'd compliment each other well. The problem? Mailing items from light side characters to dark side characters is forbidden!

How terrible! Once you've chosen a side and dumped hours into it there's no way to use that hard work to help you out on the other side...

Why would an Imperial send stuff to a Republic ???

This game was not design to "switch" side or to even be friend with the other side...

Once again... Sad but true...

It should allow it under certain cirumstances. For example too many imperial players on my server. I want to switch to the rebels. But with my money and items being imperial i dont wish to for the simple fact ive already invested much time into my bad guys.

Should have a universal bank/cargo hold that is account bond and allow items to be switched that way. Not to other players but to yourself.

Yeah i can run rebel missions and in time probably get what i have on the other side, but i just simply dont want to. Im lazy.

Why would an Imperial send stuff to a Republic ???

This game was not design to "switch" side or to even be friend with the other side...

Once again... Sad but true...

Non sequiturs, but I can do them too.

Why does my Sith have light side choices?

From a role playing perspective, it would make sense if they were both Light Side despite one being a jedi and the other being a sith.

But either way from a player standpoint it means that all the time you spend in Artifice and Synthweaving on a Jedi character.....you have to do all over again the second you want to try dark side.

And if i remember right from the missions, the republic and imperials are at peace, or should we say "cold war" like russia and usa in the 1950's+.

So why would they seperate the two? Should actualy allow both rebs and imps to travel to same areas and have events to pit us in war with each other in some way.

Thats unless i was mistaken about the peace/truce thingy.

Okay, seriously. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!?!

Darkside, and lightside, have NOTHING tod o with imperial and republic sides.

Are you complaining that, as a sith inquisitior you can't mail to a republic trooper? Because thats in EVERY mmo with two opposing factions.

Are you complaining that, as a sith inquisitior you can't mail to a republic trooper? Because thats in EVERY mmo with two opposing factions.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a troll thread. If not, what the guy above me said.

You CAN mail stuff between light and dark side characters. As long as they are in the same FACTION. And the items aren't Bind on Pickup

/thread

Edited by Bionixx

It should allow it under certain cirumstances. For example too many imperial players on my server. I want to switch to the rebels. But with my money and items being imperial i dont wish to for the simple fact ive already invested much time into my bad guys.

Should have a universal bank/cargo hold that is account bond and allow items to be switched that way. Not to other players but to yourself.

Yeah i can run rebel missions and in time probably get what i have on the other side, but i just simply dont want to. Im lazy.

A trick I used in WoW was to use a neutral auction house. I've only been playing this game for two days, so dunno if neutral auction houses exist here. But I'm guessing it does, since they've copied so many dumb things from WoW, like no contact between sides.

A trick I used in WoW was to use a neutral auction house. I've only been playing this game for two days, so dunno if neutral auction houses exist here. But I'm guessing it does, since they've copied so many dumb things from WoW, like no contact between sides.

Now i know you're either a troll or a moron.

WOW WASN'T THE FIRST GAME TO DO THAT, AND IT WON'T BE THE LAST.

Um, no. Not for sure about mail, but you can directly trade between factions in EQ, EQ2, and Anarachy Online. So never had to use mail to do it.

Edited by Liralen

Um, no. Not for sure about mail, but you can directly trade between factions in EQ, EQ2, and Anarachy Online.

Most factions in EQ and EQ2 aren't actually at war. If i remember the lore most have a truce, if an uneasy one..

In star wars, they're at...gasp..WAR! this would be like, if in real life, a member of the US millitary tried sending personal letters to a member of al quada. You'd be accused of treason in a heartbeat.

Most factions in EQ and EQ2 aren't actually at war. If i remember the lore most have a truce, if an uneasy one..

In star wars, they're at...gasp..WAR! this would be like, if in real life, a member of the US millitary tried sending personal letters to a member of al quada. You'd be accused of treason in a heartbeat.

And that matters, why? I'm playing Sith who makes light side choices.

But you're still a sith who would sooner cut a jedi in half then send one a package of cookies.

I'm not so sure that all sith want to be sith and would not co-operate with a jedi and vise versa. It seems like a dark jedi might just be willing to trade with a sith too.

ugh why do people always think this **** originated with WoW... They stole almost everything they had in their games from EQ and Ultima Online before it and they stole their stuff from M.U.D's....

**** about wow already...

If you're talking about my comments, I just made a educated guess (which appears to have been correct - there is a neutral auction house?), based upon my experiences playing this game for only two days, and the fact that I've played a lot of MMOs. This game is more like WoW than it is to EQ or UO. And that's probably a good thing, even though there are a lot of things about WoW I don't like (and so haven't played it for years). Both EQ and UO involved a lot of pain for failure, and it wouldn't be tolerated today.

As an avid game player, I want games to survive.

Edited note: And to put this in perspective, I was trying to help the OP with his problem and the answers he/she had been given so far were of no use to solving that problem.

Edited by Liralen