Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

Given how little value is currently provided for subscribers, I can't see B keeping many (at least, of those who feel the value/dollar of a sub is low).

Are you serious?

F2Pers are literally crippled (not getting Sprint until level 15) and have to deal with buying Artifact Equipment Authorization, Companion Customization authorization, fewer benefits for being in a guild, only 2 slots for characters on a server, only one crew skill slot, no cargo hold access and no ability to display Legacy titles. The gap between a sub and a F2P is pretty huge.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you enjoy most all aspects of this game from crafting to warzones, flashpoints and space etc.... then having to go F2P is an absolute nightmare. Anyone who has had to switch has felt this. You instantly feel the value to subscribing. It isn't even worth logging in being restricted that much.

However, if your enjoyment in the game solely revolves mostly around what you can get for free, then perhaps you should not be the one crying for more value.

I hope it's "Here's a dye of your choice" on every character!

Seriously, I have one character I want black/black on (Shadow) and the dye is running 3-5million creds right now.

I'm ok with that. It lets me get loads of credits off my Artifice.

Does this make me a bad person?

I'm ok with that. It lets me get loads of credits off my Artifice.

Does this make me a bad person?

Black/black dye has nothing to do with Artifice, unless there's a way I have not yet come across to get the schematic.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Are you serious?

F2Pers are literally crippled (not getting Sprint until level 15) and have to deal with buying Artifact Equipment Authorization, Companion Customization authorization, fewer benefits for being in a guild, only 2 slots for characters on a server, only one crew skill slot, no cargo hold access and no ability to display Legacy titles. The gap between a sub and a F2P is pretty huge.

10.00 worth of CC, and the GTN can eliminate most of that inconvenience though, and really...shouldn't a sub be about more then avoiding inconvenience?

Also, calling the ewok sub only is probably jumping to conclusions...they probably just haven't set the CC price yet (or, they'll have another escrow unlock to allow preferred/f2p to get it). Based on past performance, there is always a CC price for any thing.

Are you serious?

Huge is right ! it costs a WHOLE FIVE BUCKS to upgrade to preferred status. I mean.... what a rip off.

Fact is.... long time players that have been around since the game launched, are unsubbing right now. Players who paid BW between $300 to $360 EACH to play the game over that time period.

They paid retail for a copy of the game, and the restrictions of a preferred account are actually very similar to what the game was like for the first 5 months after launch. There have not been enough content and QoL updates to differentiate between preferred and subscriber status.

Subscriber concerns have been pretty well been ignored since the launch of f2p, with bug fixes that take months and create new bugs, while the CM has hit every one of it's dead lines like an atomic clock.

As it sits the difference between playing on a preffered account and playing as a sub - just isn't worth the price of the subscription. And if they're not going to address the game play concerns of subs ~ why play at all.

If subs won't pay $10 for a vanity item in the CM - they're not going to resub to earn one. I know I certainly won't.

I am really interested in this as well. I have been playing maybe 2 hours a week recently and am constantly thinking about cancelling my sub, The money is not a lot but if I am not using it I can easily drop to preferred with very little impact.

What I cant work out is what they could do for subscribers. I have 5000+ cartel coins because there is nothing I want to buy so giving me some extra ones wont really make me feel loved. We got given a free name change again, not bothered about that mine will probably never be used. Bonus XP again don't need it. What could they offer subscribers so they feel appreciated and yet not cause the majority of subscribers to say "Don't need it, Don't want it or Don't Care about it I would rather have X Y or Z"

Perhaps I have plans on the weekend of the fourth, and want to know if I need to find time to login to claim this "appreciation"?

Actually, I do have something planned near then, and it would be anti-social to pass on that, but don't want to miss out on being appreciated... Especially since I don't feel as such for quite some time and getting worse with every patch.

True... sadly, BioWare's total inability to communicate regularly, and honestly (I mean, really, how many times can "poor choices of words" be used to cover them not knowing how their own game works?) is doing more harm to the game (and it's community) then anything else.

And I have way too often caught them ninja editing their own promises to think my memory may be misleading me. They can't even admit to changing it, would be much more understandable if they added a revision note, at least trust would be slightly higher then (the amount they did it is still too shameful even if they admitted it).

I should probably screenshot every promise they make, that's how bad things are, not that that would help anyone.

Providing information about HOW they plan to show subscriber appreciation, can only benefit BW....unless, it's something totally dumb, like the aforementioned fireworks.

Sadly, as I've mentioned...the fact that they have revealed ZERO information on this, makes the fireworks theory more likely.

Agreed... sadly enough.

Them keeping silent on anything and just making subscribers discuss possibilities can only lead to bad-worst case scenarios being discussed only hurting BW more and more. For I have already decided quite some time ago that I am NEVER getting another BW product after this game... If they think they can change that then I say let them prove it with actions and not lies... until then it's just EAware and not worthy of trust.

I am really interested in this as well. I have been playing maybe 2 hours a week recently and am constantly thinking about cancelling my sub, The money is not a lot but if I am not using it I can easily drop to preferred with very little impact.

What I cant work out is what they could do for subscribers. I have 5000+ cartel coins because there is nothing I want to buy so giving me some extra ones wont really make me feel loved. We got given a free name change again, not bothered about that mine will probably never be used. Bonus XP again don't need it. What could they offer subscribers so they feel appreciated and yet not cause the majority of subscribers to say "Don't need it, Don't want it or Don't Care about it I would rather have X Y or Z"

My 3000+ CC actually contributed to my decision to unsub. I couldn't figure out what to spend it on... so I figured I may as well spend it on weekly passes & save my sub money for at least the next few months.

Things they could do for subs.

1) add content for subs that cannot be unlocked through the CM. That's about it.

a) This could be daily areas, FP's, OP's.

b) They could do it by introducing legenary quality items & neglecting to create a CM unlock for equipping legendary gear.

c) It could be a new companion.

c) It could be a game feature, like personal ship skins.

Point is... right now, the account wide unlocks devalue the sub. The lack of new features & QoL improvements for subs that do not require CC further devalues it. And the introduction of additional new features that require the use of CC, directly devalues the CC grant that subs receive.

Players sub so that they can enjoy regular updates and new content in an ongoing fashion at a fixed price. It's a value calculation. If the new free content isn't worth the sub fee to a player, they won't pay. And they certainly don't feel like discounts on features locked behind a RMT paygate, provide value for their sub fee. Those discounts only have value if you are willing to spend the required CC to use the feature. If you are not willing ~ the feature may as well not exist.

If they want to use an item like the black/black dye to drive the sale of RNG dye packs because it has an insane value on the GTN ~ fine. But provide subs with an ingame way to acquire the item. Let them craft the item using an insane amount of mats. Or just put it on a vender for 2 million credits. Then everyone is happy - the item still drives pack sales, but the GTN price is capped, and the item is always available.

And I have way too often caught them ninja editing their own promises to think my memory may be misleading me. They can't even admit to changing it, would be much more understandable if they added a revision note, at least trust would be slightly higher then (the amount they did it is still too shameful even if they admitted it).

I should probably screenshot every promise they make, that's how bad things are, not that that would help anyone.

I've noticed them doing that with patch notes, actually.

Re: the Ewok as a sub only companion. I just saw n Dulfy's site that Cory Butler has confirmed there will be a CC option to pay. So, confirmed as not being Sub only.

Edit:

As for what they could give us....shared account bank space would be one thing.

Star Trek Online has a veteran's program to reward their subs

sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=736471

Rift had one as well. (Though, I understand their's has changed some post f2p

http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Veterans_Rewards_(Rift)

Edited by Kaywinnit

Re: the Ewok as a sub only companion. I just saw n Dulfy's site that Cory Butler has confirmed there will be a CC option to pay. So, confirmed as not being Sub only.

Well that just ruined the point of that companion to me, oh well, the loyal long-term subscribers don't seem to be getting anything at all anymore.

FFS, what is everyone's beef with the fireworks? I thought those were pretty cool! I saved mine and launched them from the bar on the Republic and Imperial Fleets at midnight on New Year's Eve.

As a subscriber "appreciation" reward....they would not make me feel appreciated. The ones we got for life day, are fine.

Edited by Kaywinnit
Spelling

FFS, what is everyone's beef with the fireworks? I thought those were pretty cool! I saved mine and launched them from the bar on the Republic and Imperial Fleets at midnight on New Year's Eve.

Still got mine, wasting away that precious inventory space. Sooner or later I may have to choose fireworks or a gray item... one guess which will win.

Of course when I throw them away something will happen that makes me regret it. Just like if my sniper throws away that Hoth item that has no use at all (can't even vendor trash it I think), if I decide to trash that BW will decide to make it useful.

As a subscriber "appreciation" reward....they would not make me feel appreciated. The ones we got for life day, are fine.

Oh, what about more COMPLIMENTARY cartel junk? Like oh, lets say week passes for space missions (that is something we're already getting for a space mission and can't even vendor trash it, let alone sell to a free player).

That kind of stuff really makes us feel appreciated *obviously soaked in sarcasm*.

Oh, what about more COMPLIMENTARY cartel junk? Like oh, lets say week passes for space missions (that is something we're already getting for a space mission and can't even vendor trash it, let alone sell to a free player).

That kind of stuff really makes us feel appreciated *obviously soaked in sarcasm*.

At least the XP boosts are useful, for subs still leveling alts. But, yeah, they could do with fixing up that "loot" table..

At least the XP boosts are useful, for subs still leveling alts. But, yeah, they could do with fixing up that "loot" table..

Only if you get the item on that specific character, complementary means bind on pickup. And with collections in the picture nothing marked cartel market can be vendor trashed anymore.

I dread using the encrypted datacubes since I was waiting to get them all before using and don't even get a credit boost option when I do.

Whatever we get, bet on it being flagged cartel market, and that's nothing to call appreciation if it is. I'm really expecting that they are going to kick us while we're down here and keep beating on us while we're long dead.

Huge is right ! it costs a WHOLE FIVE BUCKS to upgrade to preferred status. I mean.... what a rip off.

I've played as referred. It's mildly better than F2P, but it still doesn't have nearly the same benefits as subs do.

Look, I get that people are leaving and they're upset. I'm not one of them; I'm still new to the game from their perspective. I still think this game is fun, but I have a problem when people disparage just how much better subs have it.

I've played as referred. It's mildly better than F2P, but it still doesn't have nearly the same benefits as subs do.

Look, I get that people are leaving and they're upset. I'm not one of them; I'm still new to the game from their perspective. I still think this game is fun, but I have a problem when people disparage just how much better subs have it.

the benefits between being a sub and being preferred shrinks down the longer you play. when you are just starting to play, have no legacy, etc - its definitely better to sub. the question is - once you have higher level characters, maxed out legacy, etc - what is the motivation to keep subscribing? minor conveniences that can be circumvented in many ways with variety of unlocks and clever planning are really not much of a motivation. even the only really annoying inconvenience imo - inability to trade, I can cope with, just have to be more careful before choosing that need or greed button.

but being able to do flashpoints and operations, you say? operations have unlock and that onlock can be bought on GTN with credits made from a single TFB run, so you can literally support your raiding habit... with raiding. unless you do more than 3 flashpoints a week per character, you don't even need to buy that particular unlock (and those unlocks on my server are usually going for about 100k - which is equivalent of about 20 minutes of dailies per week.) one time unlocks can also be bought with in game credits and/or accumulated coins

me I'm an altoholic. I tend to run flashpoints every day. but not on the same character. I can go weeks without completing the 55 flashpoint weekly sometimes.

I play every day. and yet... what is my motivation to continue paying subscription other than goodness of my heart? (and I'm sorry, I'm too old to be that nice, and if I'm going to support someone out of the goodness of my heart, its going to be either animals, or small startups on kickstarter)

I won't claim to speak for OP, but when someone like me mentions subscriber perks and subscriber appreciation, we are talking about players who have been there from the start, who kept playing AND paying all this time. and no, 500 cartel coins a month is not much of an appreciation when you need them to buy something - subscription or not, and when they are cheaper to just buy outright if you must.

Edited by Jeweledleah