where do you get the 306 gear

LordBloodrave

Whenever you get some new level 75 gear with a higher rating, equip it. Progressively, wearing the best-rated item you have in each slot, you will receive higher-rated equipment until you finally get 300+ gear. It'll take you a few weeks playing however you like (that's been my experience, anyway).

All the new stuff is legacy-bound, so before you log out put your highest item for every slot in your legacy cargo hold, for your next character to use. That way, you only have to grind up to 306 once.

Edited by Estelindis

Where do you get it ? from pvp ? ops?

You cannot straight get 306 gear. There are no 306 tokens you can buy.

The current gear system gives you loot in FPs, Ops and crates from the new dailies and heroics on Onderon (weekly reward) and Mek-sha. As well as Renown crates. When you get loot from a boss or open a crate it will look at the gear rating or item rating of what you are wearing at that moment. Then you get randomised loot that can be as low as 4 points below your current rating and as high as 4 points above your current rating.

The idea is that you equip the gear with the highest rating constantly (don't worry about your stats till you get 306) and just keep doing that same content. Most people do it with FPs. Also note that the weeklies for FPs also drop extra crated and doing random FPs also gives you an extra crate each time. And so you keep going till you hit 306 gear and then you start worrying about the exact stats.

As for PvP you get small crates for winning matches and for the dailies/weeklies also. It's extremely slow progress compared to PvE however.

Basically, just from playing the game. Particularly, doing Onslaught and then Onderon dailies, and flashpoints.

You can either just equip any higher rated piece to increase your gear rating, or you can selectively use the dropped armorings, mods, and enhancements in your current armor (and/or rip new mods out of drops). You can also work on getting a set of "bonus" armor while you're at it. Check the drops you get to see if there are any useable bonus pieces and/or buy pieces with tech fragments.

I did mainly from FPs. Gear drops usually around your own item rating, and a bit above. Just equip what is highest. Even if not optimal in stat. Any item, that is not better, than your current can be dismantled to gain extra tech fragments.

You can buy random items on the fleet for quite cheap from the Spoils of War vendor at the supplies wing. These items also goes above your current level up to 306. Switch the one which is the worst for the fastest progress.

A very important thing. These items are bound to LEGACY. So once you reach 306 with a character you can use that to farm 306 item leveled stuff for your other characters. Gearing up an alt is really fast this way. And for the record. I love it. Thinking about making a new character, grind it to 75 without main story, then equip full 306. Just cause.

As everyone has said. Personally, I think doing lots of veteran mode flashpoints is a decent way to acquire enough gear to get your item rating average from 268 (where you start after the end of Onslaught story content) to 306. I would recommend that you save all boxes until you are around 302-304 in item rating, but especially renown and any gold legendary box. The item rating of gear in boxes is determined at the moment you OPEN them, not when you receive them, so the higher your iRating is when you open, the better the drops will be. Keep everything that is a better iRating even if it isn’t the stat distribution you want. Even if it’s a tank drop. Always equip your highest iRating stuff regardless of stat distribution when you open a box... hence why you want to wait as long as possible to open renown and legendary boxes. Don’t worry about modding your gear until you are in the 300s, and definitely don’t waste any augment kit on static pieces. Use your first set of 306 gear to boost your next alt right off the bat, even if you’re sending dps gear to a tank, because everything is legacy bound. Keep enough duplicates to gear all your alts and then deconstruct the rest for tech fragments.

My personal experience with PVP crates is that they tend to have a much wider distribution of iRating inside, so I find VM flashpoints more reliable in terms of getting gear upgrades. Once I realized this, when I earned them through GSF I saved them until my iRating was higher.

Use the RNG tech fragments vendor on the fleet, Takanna on imp side and Nitoo on pubside side I think, to upgrade the iRating of a slot that seems “stuck” because you’re just not looting those gloves you need, or belt, or whatever.

Remember also you can get a free gold legendary “Daily mission” box for every 100 light side tokens or dark side tokens. You earn a Token every time you gain a renown level while your force alignment matches the side currently leading/winning or victorious.

everywhere.

if an activity drops loot or crates, that's where it comes from. including Kai, and the renown vendor.

Bbased on your characters EQUIPPED Item Rating, every item dropped should be near that item rating.

Want to increase your dropped item rating faster? ignore all the stats on the gear, and just equip piece has the highest item rating, until your item rating gets high enough to recieve 306 pieces, only then should you pay attention to the actual stats on the gear. Untill you hit 306, iRating is the only stat that matters on gear in the climb from lvl 75

To say it drops "everywhere" is very misleading. It does not drop in the open world. It does not drop from world bosses. It does not drop from questing. It does not drop from doing events. It does not drop from heroics except for Mek-sha. It does not drop from planetary dailies or weeklies except for Onderon. All of those activities will advance your Renown and slowly earn you a renown crate which gives a chance at 306, and those activities will yield ilvl 270-276 which can be broken down into tech fragments for the vendor.