Group Finder Problems

I love that there is a group finder in this game, but I have the following problems with it:

1. When queueing as a group, it doesn't remember what you are queueing for. My wife's tanking Guardian gets put as dps/tank unless she manually changes it every time I queue us.

It should remember your choices. If you queue as just tank, you should stay as just tank even if you log. If you are in a group, it should ask the group with a pop-up window what you want to queue as.

2. Flashpoint level is very loose. I shouldn't be put in Cademimu when I'm level 35 (The suggested level is 27-33)

Restrict random FPs to their recommended levels.

These aren't insurmountable problems, but they are annoying and I think they should be fixed.

Probably the biggest problem with the GF is when someone leaves your group mid raid (for whatever reason), it can be painful trying to get a replacement. You can re-queue for a replacement, but sometimes there isn't anyone queuing for your Mission. We had that during an 8 man EV run. 1 of our DPS quit after getting stuck and we spent nearly half an hour waiting for the GF to find a replacement. Eventually a friend of one of our group came online and offered to join, This is where the big problem with GF comes in, since we were in a GF queue we couldn't manually invite her, she queued in GF for our event as a DPS (with "match with in progress missions" ticked) and the GF never called her. Eventually we had to leave the Instance, leave the GF queue and invite her in that way, meaning we didn't get the BH commendations when we beat the Op. Being in the GF queue shouldn't stop you doing a manual invite

I have encountered the same situation but the only problem with that idea is a group who decides to kick someone at the last boss so their friend can be invited for a quick bh comms run. It sounds really bad but I'm sure it would happen if manual invites were available.

I have encountered the same situation but the only problem with that idea is a group who decides to kick someone at the last boss so their friend can be invited for a quick bh comms run. It sounds really bad but I'm sure it would happen if manual invites were available.

It should be possible for the game to only hand out the BH comms to those who joined the group through the GF, if you got a manual invite you don't qualify. Surely that wouldn't be too hard to program?

It should be possible for the game to only hand out the BH comms to those who joined the group through the GF, if you got a manual invite you don't qualify. Surely that wouldn't be too hard to program?

I would support this idea. If a friend was near completion of a flashpoint and asked me to help out with the last boss, I would have no problem helping them even if I got absolutely nothing for it. You should be locked out from all loot in a group finder flashpoint run unless you used group finder to join, IMO.

I've been having even worse problems with the roles. I tried grouping for an op with a couple friends. I wanted to queue as a Powertech tank, and I was with a merc healer, an op dps, and a sorc dps. Before queueing, we all made sure that our roles were properly set. We got an instant group, but it made one of our dps into a healer. We declined, made him lead, made sure he had healer unchecked, and requeued. Another instant group, this time making the other dps a healer. No matter what we did, we COULD NOT queue with the proper roles, and due to instantly getting into a group, we couldn't change them after queueing. It was essentially impossible to queue correctly, with no workaround.

I've been having even worse problems with the roles. I tried grouping for an op with a couple friends. I wanted to queue as a Powertech tank, and I was with a merc healer, an op dps, and a sorc dps. Before queueing, we all made sure that our roles were properly set. We got an instant group, but it made one of our dps into a healer. We declined, made him lead, made sure he had healer unchecked, and requeued. Another instant group, this time making the other dps a healer. No matter what we did, we COULD NOT queue with the proper roles, and due to instantly getting into a group, we couldn't change them after queueing. It was essentially impossible to queue correctly, with no workaround.

Happened to us on Eternity Vault, our Commando DPS kept getting queued up as a Healer, even though he specified Damage only. In the end he went a re-specced to healer. Turns out he was great at it and we didn't wipe once. I've also seen our Healer Sage get queued as Damage even though she does less damage than my Guardian Tank.

I think the GF always tried to make a balanced team, 1 Tank, 1 Healer and 2 DPS ect. So when it can't find people to fit the roles it forces someone into a role they are not queued for to make up the numbers, I mean a Sage can DPS and a Commando can heal if they are set up for it.

It all evens out in the end, if you take advantage of the ignore list. If you run into a jerk in the GF, or people that do that sort of thing, add them to the ignore list, after enough people ignore them they basically fall off the face of the universe and can never get groups in the GF tool.

i agree 100% with this

200%! And it shouldn't be that hard to change the programming.

It could be made so that you could only invite if the player drops the group or logs out. So, if you kick a player, then no manual invitation is available.

My problems? 6/9 GFs over 3 days and 3 50s were False Emperor, WTH! Also had an Arsenal spec'd healer wearing tanking armor :eek: Bioware Austin needs to upgrade GF quickly with spec and gear checks when queuing with anything other than a full group. They also need better FP randomization because FE is starting to drive me crazy.

Bioware your group finder is broken and these are my suggestions about how to fix it (in order of priority):

1. Rewards are not consistently granted under varying conditions, e.g. in a premade group, or when members die or disconnect during the run. Just loosen up the reins already... BH comms will mean nothing once cartel points are introduced.

...oh and the conduct of your GMs is simply shameful when responding to trouble tickets on this matter. Too bad they hide behind an anonymous protocol droid name.

2. Players should NOT be able to choose multiple roles (e.g. tank/damage, or heal/damage) unless they have the Field Re-spec perk unlocked.

3. Tier 1 and Tier 2 hardmode flashpoints are completely off-balance. Tier 2 should be Lost Island, Kaon, False Emperor, and Directive 7. Everything else should be Tier 1.

4. Manually inviting a member into your group should re-queue the group automatically.

5. Group finder queue should automatically eject players who are AFK.

6. A group leader role selection would be appreciated. Despite what the elitist snobs say, not everyone knows the strats for D7 and Lost Island.