Cannot get dual wield on my Jedi Knight Sentinel

Aldomor

I'm level 10, and chose Sentinel. I have a second lightsaber in my inventory but am unable to equip it for dual wield. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

If the Lightsaber says "Main Hand" only, it won't work.

You need one that says both "Main hand" and "Off Hand", or only "Off hand"

Also, just checking (you never know), you're not trying to equip a double bladed lightsaber in the offhand are you?

When I chose Sentinel, I received a bag with the new lightsaber in it. It specifically says "Off Hand (Melee)" in the description of the new lightsaber that came in the bag. It also came with mods which I then added to it. Yet, still I am unable to equip it.

I've tried dragging it into the second slot, etc. Nothing. So, I've submitted a ticket.

Yes, I have the main saber in its slot. Though I don't recall if the Dual Wield skill was listed with my Trainer, though I did spend my first point in Dual Wield Mastery in my Talent Tree.

How can I be sure I've "learned" the Dual Wield skill? Does it show somewhere else besides the talent tree?

All your learned abilities will appear in your abilities window. The skill tree just shows where you've spent points to boost abilities, or add passive effects.

So look in your abilities window (button at top of screen).

Remember that your class trainer has two tabs of abilities (at the bottom of their window) - one for your class and one for your advanced class, so make sure you've trained in both sets of abilities and not just your general class abilities.

If the Lightsaber says "Main Hand" only, it won't work.

You need one that says both "Main hand" and "Off Hand", or only "Off hand"

Also, just checking (you never know), you're not trying to equip a double bladed lightsaber in the offhand are you?

How do I get such a lightsaber? Do I have to buy it? If so, where are they sold? Why didn't I get such a lightsaber in my Sentinel bag when I chose that class?

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Take out both your sabers so both are in your inventory, then drag your off/hand into it's slot then drap the main into it's slot, i had to do the same, sometimes it will still still not go in if there is a main hand as it detects the slot is occupied regardless of left or right.

Take out both your sabers so both are in your inventory, then drag your off/hand into it's slot then drap the main into it's slot, i had to do the same, sometimes it will still still not go in if there is a main hand as it detects the slot is occupied regardless of left or right.

I've tried that, too. With no success. I think there's a bug making it inconsistent. I'll try again later, in case they've worked on it.

Good news. It turns out I had to complete a quest before getting my 2nd lightsaber. The quest ended with me making my own lightsaber from materials given to me. So, now it's just a matter of leveling from there.

Anyone know where I can learn how to join LFG raids?

• 2 weeks later...
Are there known areas where these heroics can be had from?

Heroics reset every 24 hours and are always obtained from the same quest giver. If you follow your main class quest and side quests, you'll find them. There are multiple heroics per planet (2 man and 4 man)

I'm not sure how you got you AC without completing your lightsaber quest. It sounds like your are jumping from location to location with the frequency of a cheap AM radio. This is a theme park MMO not a sandbox. If you let the class and side quests guide you around the map, you'll find it a lot easier and IMO a lot more enjoyable.

Edited by Owsley

Are there known areas where these heroics can be had from?

As the previous guy said: just following your quest trail and accept (and complete) quests as you come across them. You will always come across heroics (marked as Heroic 2+ or Heroic 4+ in your log).

You can't even reach level 10 without stumbling across your first heroic (and getting a tutorial/codex entry) so I'm not sure how you missed it, and your AC quest. You must be selectively ignoring quest givers. If that is the case - don't! As a new player just accept and complete every quest you come across.

• 9 months later...
Good news. It turns out I had to complete a quest before getting my 2nd lightsaber. The quest ended with me making my own lightsaber from materials given to me. So, now it's just a matter of leveling from there.

Anyone know where I can learn how to join LFG raids?

I have the same problem. Where did you get that mission?

Please respond. I'm a level 11 sentinel.

I have the same problem. Where did you get that mission?

Please respond. I'm a level 11 sentinel.

You don't have to make your second lightsaber, your advanced class trainer gives you a bag that contains your offhand saber. Right click on this in your inventory to extract the saber. Be sure you go to your regular class trainer after you've chosen your advanced class. You may have to train the dual wield ability (not sure about this).

Also, be sure you equip the second saber by opening your character sheet and dragging the saber into the right slot.

I had similar problems to the OP. This is what happened:

- I reached level 10 before completing my class missions on Tython, so I went to fleet to get my AC before finishing them.

- I still had a training saber, which is apparently two-handed, so I could not use my offhand lightsaber and any of my new Sentinel skills.

- I finished the class mission, got a real lightsaber, equipped it, and only then I could equip the offhand one.

I had similar problems to the OP. This is what happened:

- I reached level 10 before completing my class missions on Tython, so I went to fleet to get my AC before finishing them.

- I still had a training saber, which is apparently two-handed, so I could not use my offhand lightsaber and any of my new Sentinel skills.

- I finished the class mission, got a real lightsaber, equipped it, and only then I could equip the offhand one.

Training saber is not two handed, you can't wear saber as offhand to different weapon (I think, not sure but I think I'm right).