The application has encountered a n unspecified error. please try this patch again

Macetheace

Okay.. this has been bugging me for months, for some reason, when start the launcher to log in using my phone's as the wifi hotspot, this stupid error comes up.

I am able to load when i use normal ISP wifi or cable, and if the game is loaded already, and I have to switch to my phone, it loads the servers alright and I can play. The problem is i can't launch the game on my phone's hotspot connection which is the WEIRDEST thing ever.

What sort of a stupid bug is this? The problem is my usual ISP sometimes goes down or the signal is to low, and I have to switch to my phone, but if this happens when I am not already in game and I have to load the game up from scratch via the launcher this error will come up, and I just won't be able to play until I log in with my ISP's wifi or lan connection - it's quite annoying.

it's like something in the launcher code is not allowing the game server or the launcher program to validate the phone's connection to complete the log in procedure.

Any solutions come to mind?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Unspecified-Error/m-p/5881847/highlight/true#M70794

unspecified error is bitraider specific , that has not been a patch method in the swtor installer since August last year

uninstall that swtor install and grab the setup from https://swtor-a.akamaihd.net/installer/SWTOR_setup.exe and do a fresh install it should install as SSN , or install through steam , and the unspecified error will be gone forever.

Edited by OwenBrooks

What sort of a stupid bug is this?

You might want to ask your phone provider if they have e.g. parental control filters or torrent-blocking on the data access.

True story: in 2009, I moved to France from the UK, and got a PAYG SIM card from one of the big providers for my smartphone. This totally broke the Google Maps app, since the provider's parental control filters blocked access to the map data. Switching to a contract on another provider got rid of the problem.