Raid Frames in Warfronts

Ezrya

It's really hard to be a healer in warfronts right now, because I can't rely on my raid frames to accurately display people's health or whether they are in range for heals. I basically have to watch the bars over people's heads, which is less than optimal to say the least.

In every warfront I've done, I've been pretty much the only person focusing on healing, and I imagine that's because other healers got frustrated with the frames, or they aren't even aware that people have health deficits because the frames aren't showing it.

Dont worry, you will have a gang of fanboi apologists claiming the frames are fine and the problem is you they can heal just fine.

Had a bunch of huge threads about this (and other missing features like target of target, debuffs not displaying properly on raid frames, no mouseover, no individual group frames) in the beta and legit complaints get drowned out by fanbois defending the game.

They will basically say:

"<random mmo> didnt have these features at launch and/or had more problems so just give it time. Relax. Have fun. "

Edited by oflow

I didn't realize that this was an ongoing issue. In terms of target of target and other things mentioned above, I would like to see these things...however they are not game breaking. Having raid frames that don't work IS gamebreaking and needs to be addressed. I'm sure it will be.

Right now I have to try to either:

1. click on the player who i know is losing health...tough to do when they are constantly moving or surrounded by enemy players.

OR

2. Memorize their name and where they are in the raid frame...read the players name and then find them in the raid frame...

Either way, not fun.

Yeah, it freaking sucks. I googled this issue last night about 50 different ways trying to find any way to fix it and found nothing; its so frustrating. Sure, you can see their health over their head but its a real pain trying to click on someone in the middle of a pack of enemies. I've built my character to be a healer and because I couldn't click on someone or, more importantly, their raid frame wasn't updating and I sat there like an idiot trying to find their name they drop dead in front of me.

My solution? I've just attached myself to one ore two people in a fight and healed the crap out of them and let them mow people down. Its worked for now, but I still feel bad when others around me are dying.

Edited by jasohans

1) It's been ongoing since beta (as was mentioned above).

2) I'm not running a healer currently, but I feel your pain. It sucks, but try to manage despite it, and make sure to keep these threads going until it's fixed.

3) If you want to look at it from a glass-half-full perspective, it forces you to watch the battlefield a little more to see who's taking damage. It reduced my tendency to tunnel-vision on the bars during beta anyway.

1) It's been ongoing since beta (as was mentioned above).

2) I'm not running a healer currently, but I feel your pain. It sucks, but try to manage despite it, and make sure to keep these threads going until it's fixed.

3) If you want to look at it from a glass-half-full perspective, it forces you to watch the battlefield a little more to see who's taking damage. It reduced my tendency to tunnel-vision on the bars during beta anyway.

This is the kind of constructive feedback that more people need to post. I commend you sir for this and thank you. :D

I've not seen this listed in their "known issues" post yet. Kinda concerned its not on their agenda at all.

It better be high priority. Working raid frames in an MMO is not something to put on the backburner.

Currently, healing in warzone PvP is terrible.

Raid frames don't update range or health in any reliable way.

It's really hard to be a healer in warfronts right now, because I can't rely on my raid frames to accurately display people's health or whether they are in range for heals. I basically have to watch the bars over people's heads, which is less than optimal to say the least.

In every warfront I've done, I've been pretty much the only person focusing on healing, and I imagine that's because other healers got frustrated with the frames, or they aren't even aware that people have health deficits because the frames aren't showing it.

Yeah I really can't believe they launched the game with these broken raid frames. They've been broken like this since I first beta tested in June. That's 6 months of broken raid frames without any fix...Sort of gives us an indication of how important PvP is to these people...

I didn't realize that this was an ongoing issue. In terms of target of target and other things mentioned above, I would like to see these things...however they are not game breaking. Having raid frames that don't work IS gamebreaking and needs to be addressed. I'm sure it will be.

Right now I have to try to either:

1. click on the player who i know is losing health...tough to do when they are constantly moving or surrounded by enemy players.

OR

2. Memorize their name and where they are in the raid frame...read the players name and then find them in the raid frame...

Either way, not fun.

Haha, I've been doing that second one!

Tremendous pain when some names are just so easily glanced over.

As others have said, I've been bug reporting this almost daily for a LOOOOOOONG time.

Honestly, it wouldn't be thaaaat bad, but sometimes the health bars above your ally's head isn't reliable either. I've learned to manage, but it's a pointless hassle.

"Larry Everett" asked about the UI in a recent interview and they said that was one of their major concerns... You'd think the raid frame issue would be part of that.

having this problem as well

at the moment i'm clicking on player nameplates to heal, but would much prefer if the raid frame actually worked.

the nameplate clicking collision detection isn't exactly stellar either, but that's a different story to such a critical feature simply not working