How can players with 5 stacks of dread survive Dreadtooth?

I know this isn't exactly an operation, but the world boss operations quest you can get from the mission terminal on fleet is considered an operation. In addition, it takes an operation sized group (or used to) to bring down dreadtooth.

Nevertheless, I was watching two players (assassin tank and juggernaut tank) fighting dreadtooth with one stack of dreadful essence. The two imperial players though had five stacks of Dread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't fight dreadtooth with any number of stacks of dread. "You cannot become a drouk hunter while under the effects of dread." I was watching for a bit, you know, they will die in seconds. Nope. At 5 stacks of dread, they fought the World Boss for several minutes. I would have watched further, but I was re-positioning myself then all of the sudden, I got 3 stacks of dread and then I instantly died.

Wut?

Let's review. Two other players with five stacks of dread didn't die at all for several minutes, but the second I get three stacks, I die. Neither of these imp players had any out of the ordinary buffs or whatnot. Do tanks get a special resistance to dread? I don't see why they would. Is there some sort of cheat or exploit to bypass the effects of dread?

Probably because they are level 60 ?

Yes, they were both level 60, as was I. Therefore the level difference which can make higher level players nearly invincible to lower level NPCs would definitely be a factor in almost any other case.

However,

The stacks of dread, once it reaches a certain point, will auto kill you. I was at full health and then I got 3 stacks of dread, then I died instantly.

I know this isn't exactly an operation, but the world boss operations quest you can get from the mission terminal on fleet is considered an operation. In addition, it takes an operation sized group (or used to) to bring down dreadtooth.

Nevertheless, I was watching two players (assassin tank and juggernaut tank) fighting dreadtooth with one stack of dreadful essence. The two imperial players though had five stacks of Dread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't fight dreadtooth with any number of stacks of dread. "You cannot become a drouk hunter while under the effects of dread." I was watching for a bit, you know, they will die in seconds. Nope. At 5 stacks of dread, they fought the World Boss for several minutes. I would have watched further, but I was re-positioning myself then all of the sudden, I got 3 stacks of dread and then I instantly died.

Wut?

Let's review. Two other players with five stacks of dread didn't die at all for several minutes, but the second I get three stacks, I die. Neither of these imp players had any out of the ordinary buffs or whatnot. Do tanks get a special resistance to dread? I don't see why they would. Is there some sort of cheat or exploit to bypass the effects of dread?

It's not an autokill, it did like 43200 damage to my Merc when I tried (and sadly failed) to solo it (I was so close....:().

So I had 2% hp left until it hit me again.

If they have SUPER high defence chance, they could theoretically be dodging it, but I doubt it.

Yesterday i and some guildmates wanted to get the mask from Dreadtooth for a guild event next week.

While we were waiting for everyone to come to Sec X, there were two players that pulled the boss without knowing how it works or what it is for. As level 60 they resisted normal attacks, but being tanks they lacked dps to kill it in time. So we thought to just wait out the 8 min and pulling the boss after reset with no interference, because the others wouldhave Dread then.

One of them died correctly after the 8min buff "Drouk Hunter" expired, the other didn't have it, but had the 5 stack "Dread" debuff saying something like "if you go near to Dreadtooth you'll die".

But that didn't happen, another level 60 player joined them, don't know if he was in their group from the beginning, but he wasn't there when they pulled and therefore didn't have Drouk Hunter, but he had 5 stacks of Dread without dieing. The tank who had the Drouk Hunter debuff died to it falling off correctly after 8 min, he ran back with "Dread" now too and now died again and again each time he got back to the boss. Other players who ran in there like "oh big bad boss i want to hit him too" also died repeatedly to Dread. Even after an explanation why they die, they ran back from the medcenter just to die again.

But two of the three actually fighting the Boss didn't die, although they were next to the boss with Dread applied. As they didn't have Drouk Hunter they could fight the boss, until it died no matter how long that will take, they needed about 15 minutes.

What is wrong here, is this an exploit, is it because of level 60 (unlikely because the tank who died a lot there was 60 too) or is the mechanic broken for some while others die because of dread correctly?

Really would like to know, because getting masks for our guild would be much easier if the debuffs can be ignored or avoided somehow.

He only enrages as long as a Drouk Hunter fights him. When you die and fight him with Dread you can have enough HP at 60 to not get insta-killed and have unlimited time to heal to full and make him pay. Just stand still while doing so. Edited by Mubrak