Ding ding! Ashara & me Round 3

Darth_Solrac

Ashara: Ummm master. I again naggingly question why you're a Sith. Why am I here? Why is teh Empire so eviiiiiil? It's all YOUR fault!

Me: You chose to come along with me. Not all Sith are the same.

Ashara: I don't understand!!!

Me: I can help with that.

Ashara: I'm mad at you again! All your gifts suck!

Why can't I shock or Force Choke a *****? I really hope Xalek is more respectful.....

Yeah xalek is a lot more respectful he is so respectful he considers you a mother/farther. When his affection is high and you send him on crew missions he says "don't make me go" D: Plus he is evil and he loves brevity. :cool:

Yeah when I found out ashara cannot fall to the dark side I wanted to throw her in the airlock or feed her to khem or shock her until she falls.

Edited by lokdron

I wish you could put zash in her body

Zash would be much more likely to force-choke you in your sleep. I mean, she already tried it once, did you suddenly do something beneficial to her so she forgives? :p

Edited by Karkais

yeah, the character having questions about the irrational and violent nature of the sith doesnt make any sense at all :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

she's there to ask you questions about the sith and for you to answer those questions to show what you as a person think of the sith. its a common writing tool having someone explain something to another character to explain it to the viewer.

personally i find her discussions to be the most interesting in the game. as you have the ability to discuss sith philosophy and your own views and opinions on the sith and its code.

if you don't like her becauses he's not as cartoonishly irrationally evil as you want her to be, well i guess writing something more complex than "mwhaha im evil mwhaha lets kick puppies mwhahaha" is wasted on you. ;)

if you don't like her becauses he's not as cartoonishly irrationally evil as you want her to be, well i guess writing something more complex than "mwhaha im evil mwhaha lets kick puppies mwhahaha" is wasted on you.

Then why would a person who doesn't like it when you say "mwhaha im evil mwhaha lets kick puppies mwahaha", still follow you around and just ask you constant questions about you kicking puppies exactly? Silly writing >.>

Then why would a person who doesn't like it when you say "mwhaha im evil mwhaha lets kick puppies mwahaha", still follow you around and just ask you constant questions about you kicking puppies exactly? Silly writing >.>

darkside sith is already silly writing as half the darkside options make absolutely no logical sense at all.

"hey bill, we have this situation, obviously the lightside choice is working with him as an ally and befriending them. gaining powerful allies and being smart"

"oh, so whats the darkside choice?"

"uh, you kill him with lightning?"

"why?"

"i dunno evil sith stuff"

"whatever, ship it"

yeah, the character having questions about the irrational and violent nature of the sith doesnt make any sense at all :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

she's there to ask you questions about the sith and for you to answer those questions to show what you as a person think of the sith. its a common writing tool having someone explain something to another character to explain it to the viewer.

personally i find her discussions to be the most interesting in the game. as you have the ability to discuss sith philosophy and your own views and opinions on the sith and its code.

if you don't like her becauses he's not as cartoonishly irrationally evil as you want her to be, well i guess writing something more complex than "mwhaha im evil mwhaha lets kick puppies mwhahaha" is wasted on you. ;)

Be gone, troll.

Be gone, troll.

how am i a troll? because i don't agree with you?

she's a writing tool for you to display your motivations. if you're darkside its wasted sure, but if you're lightside it becomes really in depth and interesting.

if im wrong, please tell me why, i'd love to know.

does the darkside inquisitor have more to him than being another generic powerhungry sociopath? am i missing something? please tell me.

personally i find ashara to be the most interesting sith inquisitor companion by far. (granted i dont have xalek yet, but he comes so late i dont think he'll be that important). Khem is a bland "rawr ima monster lets kill stuff!". andronikos is alright, but he's pretty downplayed and unimportant. ashara has deep meaningful conversations to you about philosphy, the meaning of the sith code, your motivations and goals. talos is just a likeable dork.

but i'm completely serious, if im wrong about anything, let me know, if you have different opinions other than "she's stupid cus im evil and iw ant her to be evil" explain them. i'd love to hear it, its why im on the board, to have interesting conversations like that about the game and its story.

but please, don't call me a troll merely because i disagree with you. it does no one any good.

• 3 weeks later...
Zash would be much more likely to force-choke you in your sleep. I mean, she already tried it once, did you suddenly do something beneficial to her so she forgives? :p

Eh... Well, yes, in this scenario you gave her a young, healthy and attractive body with a strong connection to the force (Based on what we see in the holocrons from Ashara's training).

That's pretty much what Zash wanted from you in the first place :p

but i'm completely serious, if im wrong about anything, let me know, if you have different opinions other than "she's stupid cus im evil and iw ant her to be evil" explain them.

First off, running around as a DS SI, with a companion claiming to be Jedi is a bit silly, even if for no other reason than those two people should be trying to kill each other.

Second, the entire point to your class story on Taris is about corrupting and turning this young Padawan. You go and get a Sith holocron specially designed to tempt and turn Force users. Perfect for corrupting and turning a Padawan, since their training is not over. But, you get to the end of your class storylne on Taris, present her with the holocron where she has a fit about looking into the holocron and seeing the Dark Side, and how she is all tainted and so on and so forth. She immediately agrees to help you, then rushes off and admits everything to her masters, and suddenly, she is uncorruptable.

Third, it is very annoying to have the likes of Thanaton killing all of your apprentices (the ones you inherit from Zash), and doubly so when you get your first proper apprentice in the game, and it turns out that she hates everything you do because she cannot be corrupted.

Fourth, You are an Inquisitor. Supposed masters at manipulating people, yet you can't even corrupt a Padawan to the Dark Side, where a simple brute Warrior gets to choose the alignment of his apprentice.

I hope you think these reasons are somewhat better than "she's stupid cus im evil and i want her to be evil"

When I read clonedzero posts I just feel like facepalming. Anyway as the person above me said we spend a whole planet quest line trying to corrupt the girl yet by the end of it we don't have the OPTION to go on with the original plan of corrupting her? Its stupid.

When I read clonedzero posts I just feel like facepalming. Anyway as the person above me said we spend a whole planet quest line trying to corrupt the girl yet by the end of it we don't have the OPTION to go on with the original plan of corrupting her? Its stupid.

Oh, iirc you can continue. You can slowly undermine her defenses. Make her question her Jedi ways more and more. Later in the story line, she starts to approve some ds choices. She hasn't fully fallen to the dark side, but she is on a way that leads towards darkness. Given all the "make Ashara turnable" threads, I think Bioware will definitly make it possible when they release more content.

So imagine you are Palpatine with Anakin at the end of Episode 2. I know, that is not what you/we have hoped for, but its the best we can get for now.

Oh, iirc you can continue. You can slowly undermine her defenses. Make her question her Jedi ways more and more. Later in the story line, she starts to approve some ds choices. She hasn't fully fallen to the dark side, but she is on a way that leads towards darkness. Given all the "make Ashara turnable" threads, I think Bioware will definitly make it possible when they release more content.

So imagine you are Palpatine with Anakin at the end of Episode 2. I know, that is not what you/we have hoped for, but its the best we can get for now.

Yeah I can see it that way, it seems like she is there but you can't do the final push its like she is on the tip of the iceberg a DS inquisitor would push her off and make her fall into darkness or convince her to jump down herself. An LS inquisitor would pull her back before she falls I said before in another topic I see bioware giving us the option in the expansion.

Edited by lokdron

Err no. I dont remember anything remotely resembling "undermining her defenses". The only options are either romance her and go with her ideas of 'changing the empire from the inside' or telling her shes an idiot so she hates you and you has to be buried in gifts.

Yes, she accepts darkside choices but that is not related to anything you say to her in the companion quests.

Edited by Karkais

Ashara: Ummm master. I again naggingly question why you're a Sith. Why am I here? Why is teh Empire so eviiiiiil? It's all YOUR fault!

Me: You chose to come along with me. Not all Sith are the same.

Ashara: I don't understand!!!

Me: I can help with that.

Ashara: I'm mad at you again! All your gifts suck!

Why can't I shock or Force Choke a *****? I really hope Xalek is more respectful.....

what people don't realize is sith inquesitor is based on emperor palpatine bioware stated they build the class story purely out of the movies.

and in movies darth sidious corrupts heros (anakin,luke) thought temptation of power/order.

the power to save others from death,becoming the emperor apprentice.

and darth sidious did not corrupt anakin thought few moments he had influence over him thought the years as anakin saw him as friend and father figure anakin corruption took time while luke had combined vader taunting about corrupting his sister and at same time the emperor tempting him for more power by becoming his apprentice.

Edited by undeadsithdread

Err no. I dont remember anything remotely resembling "undermining her defenses". The only options are either romance her and go with her ideas of 'changing the empire from the inside' or telling her shes an idiot so she hates you and you has to be buried in gifts.

Yes, she accepts darkside choices but that is not related to anything you say to her in the companion quests.

But it's exactly the "change the Empire from the inside" approach that undermines her.

You: "The Empire needs strong, rational leadership." (=you)

Ashara: "I won't go against the Jedi teachings, but I'll do what I can."

....many, many conversations...

Ashara: "The Jedi refuse to do what's necessary, to fight, it makes them weak. [...] Peace is a noble goal, but it's not a means to an end."

You: "So you are saying: 'Peace is a lie'?" +40 affection

Ashara: "When it comes to making real change? Yes, I guess I am."

This approach seems very similar to what Palpatine did to become Emperor. He always said he wanted to change the republic for the better. (Not every time you lie ingame it is marked with [lie].)

Here you can see most of the Ashara conversations from someone who slowly led her towards the dark side.

As I said, it isn't completed at the end of the game, so hopefully you can continue that route later.

I thought the whole headstrong "I'm doing things my way and finding my own path" to be one of the best things about talking to her, since that's pretty much what lead her to becoming your apprentice in the first place. Being a lightside inquistor deffo added an extra dimension to the philosophy talks, when she told me that by embracing her passions she was finally at peace I had to smile. Reminded me a bit of Kreia from KOTOR2, who found both the Jedi way and sith way to be insufficient and lacking.

does the darkside inquisitor have more to him than being another generic powerhungry sociopath? am i missing something? please tell me.

another generic powerhungry sociopath with a flare for the dramatic and hilarity