1.2 Stamp of Approval

Ciry

Dear Bioware Community Reps

In regards to DPS Merc, I would just like to give you two thumbs up on 1.2. I realize all you see on these forums is crying from people who simply cannot play the class. I have spent all my time as a Merc, initially as Arsenal, then Pyro. Pyro has and continues to rock in both PvE and PvP. Last night for giggles I decided to respec to arsenal and try a warzone before logging. I was impressed by what I saw. It felt and played better then Arsenal did pre-1.2. I was so impressed I plan on taking a second look at whether I want to stay Pyro or make my, for giggles respec, more permanent.

In short, if you have probelms with 1.2 Merc, you probably did pre-1.2 and you just don't understand how to play the class. I do not mean that as an insult but simply a statement to inform you that you need a better understanding of how to play Merc. People say pre-1.2 Sorc was overpowered but I frankly sucked at it because I never spent enough time with it to know how to play it. Playing a Sorc as a Merc does not work.

To my fellow Merc's who understand how to play, please show your support here so that the community reps can see some positive responses and know that the class is fine.

Dear Bioware Community Reps

In regards to DPS Merc, I would just like to give you two thumbs up on 1.2. I realize all you see on these forums is crying from people who simply cannot play the class. I have spent all my time as a Merc, initially as Arsenal, then Pyro. Pyro has and continues to rock in both PvE and PvP. Last night for giggles I decided to respec to arsenal and try a warzone before logging. I was impressed by what I saw. It felt and played better then Arsenal did pre-1.2. I was so impressed I plan on taking a second look at whether I want to stay Pyro or make my, for giggles respec, more permanent.

In short, if you have probelms with 1.2 Merc, you probably did pre-1.2 and you just don't understand how to play the class. I do not mean that as an insult but simply a statement to inform you that you need a better understanding of how to play Merc. People say pre-1.2 Sorc was overpowered but I frankly sucked at it because I never spent enough time with it to know how to play it. Playing a Sorc as a Merc does not work.

To my fellow Merc's who understand how to play, please show your support here so that the community reps can see some positive responses and know that the class is fine.

my merc BG friend is upset with heat, but from dps point of view, i agree thumbs up.

i have a 50 ars merc and a 50 pyro pt

still both running like champs! the unload proc on ars mercs is great, and hsm is great too.

i havent done much with my pyro but a quick run through of the new fp on normal mode proved he was still a rockstar too

now just fix your OBVIOUS malfunctions and youll be off to a great restart

I like arsenal, I don't care what people say about it being a 'plant your feet and become a turret' spec. Planning on trying Pyro spec eventually once I got some PvE stuff that's been sitting in my mission log for a while done.

Our MAIN concern, which you did not address and what got the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF ALL CRITICISM from the game community about Mercs post 1.2 is healing. They slashed resources management talents by better than 50% (counting the cost on Kolto shield), while also nerfing the effectiveness of some key talents and barely touching our lack of decent AoE healing.

Honestly, either you've not paying attention at all to what's been going on with the Bodyguard talent tree or this is an extremely disingenous attempt to take away from the anger the BH healing players are feeling at such an unjustified mauling.

I like arsenal, I don't care what people say about it being a 'plant your feet and become a turret' spec. Planning on trying Pyro spec eventually once I got some PvE stuff that's been sitting in my mission log for a while done.

Our MAIN concern, which you did not address and what got the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF ALL CRITICISM from the game community about Mercs post 1.2 is healing. They slashed resources management talents by better than 50% (counting the cost on Kolto shield), while also nerfing the effectiveness of some key talents and barely touching our lack of decent AoE healing.

Honestly, either you've not paying attention at all to what's been going on with the Bodyguard talent tree or this is an extremely disingenous attempt to take away from the anger the BH healing players are feeling at such an unjustified mauling.

If you noticed, I began by saying "with regards to DPS Merc." I did this not to ignore BG Merc, but because I cannot personally speak on that topic as I do not know enough about it. I have only ever played BG for a whole two days if that so I am unqualified to speak about it. All I can say, echoes what another poster said, a friend of mine who is BG said heat is a bit harder to manage but after a few hours practice BG Merc, in his words, "is still great healing."

It's good to see others still rockin Merc DPS and happy with it.

Edited by Ciry

Okay, i'll have to revise an earlier statement based on my perusal of this board recently: I have no idea why arsenal mercs are so upset or how they COULD have been upset prior to 1.2 when we seemed to be fine. Apparently, though, that can and does continue to be the case. My arsenal dps is fine and freaking out over an animation swap seems silly beyond belief, but to each his own I guess.

My biggest concern was the titling of the thread as giving 1.2 as a whole a thumbs up. Any AC can dps, in fact we all have 2/3s of our talents trees (at least) devoted to such. Mercs, however, are one of only 3 healing classes in the game, so for our capabilities to have a hatchet taken to them like this seemed very excessive, unwarrantedly so. The impression the thread seemed to give anyone reading it by mentioning the whining on the boards in conjunction with 1.2 was that ALL changes to merc gameplay in 1.2 were all right. Again, have to revise that summation to some extent, but not even mentioning the bodyguard tree nerf did seem, I dunno, odd?