Design your War Zone

Tragamite

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this idea but what if A=1 points B/C=3 Points and D=5 Points. This makes A hardly a value but painful if lost where you know the majority of the fighting will take place at B/C makes them very average and no real ground gained winning or loosing those points?

60 Seconds is a long time for things NOT to count towards the Final outcome. I would reccomend against this or at the very least no more than 10 seconds.

I do Like this idea as breaking even damages the gameplay placing the clock on pause would make things interested.

3 Minutes to victory even with stoppages will likely be over too fast. A 10 min clock seems more equipped for what you have in mind. Stoppages shouldn't be more than 5 minutes in my mind however they could last long streaches for well organized and balanced teams.

I agree, there are only two remarks I have. The Grace Period may be long, but I wanted the period to be long enough for all the early caps. Basically, the period should last as long as one could reasonably expect a team to capture their natural objectives on Civil War and Novare when not under attack. One minute may be long, but I think 10 seconds would be fast.

And I don't know what exactly would be a good duration for the victory clock. The way I was thinking 3 minutes would be plenty of time if the lead changes hands regularly, but would be very fast if the teams aren't even. It would be interesting to see how it actually played out, since it could probably be bumped up. If I was going to make the clock 10 minutes though lead changes would need to take more time -- maybe even a minute -- off the clock.

We could do an onslaught style from unreal tournament;

Each team has a base with a power generator with 600 points (devs have a hard on for the number 6 in this game's WZs :p). Five noncolinear but symmetrical capture nodes could be arranged in a connect-the-dots-fashion. You can only capture a node if your team's base connects to that node, or that node connects to another node, to another node, etc. If a node has two connections (that is, in the middle of a connect-the-nodes chain), then it is completely invulnerable until one node connected it is broken. Really, you have to start at the edge of a chain and then work your way forward.

A node is like a mob. It can Deeps'd down and can be healed up. Once a node is destroyed, any player can walk into the node to claim it, starting it at 1 HP, and the next node in the chain is no longer invulnerable. Once all nodes are taken by a team, the "power core" as so it was called in unreal tourny is vulnerable. Whoever's 600 reaches 0 first loses. After 15 minutes (overtime), both teams' core will lower by 1 per second for every node the enemy controls (You could add another one so that a team with all nodes still has slight damage done to their core or something).

I did a terribad job of explaining it. 2 minutes explaining ONS

I want to start a thread that we can explore our imaginations and what kind of WZs we would like to see in game.

Rules:

You can only list one Idea but you can comment as much as you like on others.

Be considerate of others ideas

My Idea:

Alderan Valley: War is tearing the once peaceful world of Alderan apart. If a leader does not bring the planet together it will surely end up in ashes. Thul and Organa are in a power struggle for control of the planet. Drive the enemy forces back and establish your representative as the true leader of Alderan.

Objective: Establish true leadership over Alderan. Disrupt enemy forces and drive the "false" ruler from power.

The Map:

Alderan Valley sets House Thul against House Organa for control and stability. House Thul starts on the East side of the map while House Organa starts west. In the middle of the WZ are 4 Items to help bolster yours or destroy your enemies defenses.

These are

Top North: Additional Air Support. Weakens the enmies troops and walls so you can penetrate the the Castle.

Bottom North: Troop Camp. Supply your army with the best supplies makes them stronger and more difficult to defeat.

Top South: Anti-Aircraft Gun. This will take out enemy aircraft that try to engage your troops and Castle.

Bottom South: Shield Generator. This will bolster your Castle walls making it harder for bombers to destroy your walls.

Sequence of Events:

Teams start at their respective Castles and are try to penetrate the opposing teams Castle and take out their hier represant. Each team has 2 defense squads that can be activated to assist in the defense of the Castle. Each squad consists of 3 Droids and 1 Turret. Each team has a squad of bombers trying to penetrate the enemy Castle in order to take out the would be leader of Aldrean. 4 nodes are available to assist each team in some aspect of the WZ. The bombers will systematically take down the enmies defenses so that one side can conquer the other.

Teams make their way from their castle to the opposing teams and must have the bombers destroy the defenses in order to advance into the castle. Unassisted bombers will take 10 minutes to destroy the enmies defesnes for the team to assault the castle. Utilizing the scattered nodes will speed or slow this proccess.

Teams will be harrassed by active enemy defense squads. Defense squads will respawn if the turret is not destroyed. The turret is the activating factor of the defense squads and the Droids each have a function. 1 Tank, 1 DPS and 1 Healer. These only defend each other and the turret and will not assist friendly players in the area.

Once the Castle defenses are down your team may proceed to the throne chamber to de-throne the would-be leader of Alderan. De-throne the leader and you win the WZ. The leader of each team ONLY has 12k HP and will NOT defend themselves in anyway. Players can heal the leader and defend him till defeated.

I would really like to see this as a 16 man WZ.

I look forward to the ideas you all have for WZs you would like to see!

All you did was copy the WoW version.

For those of you referencing other games for an idea for a match here please provide a explanation of how the match plays out. Many have not played other games being referenced so please describe how you see the WZ you are designing will play out.

My idea is called "Huttball 2". Its just like huttball but in a different map.

As far as Huttball goes I would love to see different "arenas" these matches can be played in.

Rottworm home court, Frogdawgs home court, republic home court, imperial home court.

Maybe add in some other Hutt dominated areas, Hutta court, Nar Shada court, Tattooine court and Makeb court.

Just a couple ideas here.

I'd like one with more emphasis on killing the other team (no real objectives), just maybe a quick one with a 5 v 5 line up, where it begins with a 1 v 1 then when one person dies the next person on their team comes in and so on. I just think it would be cool to have an emphasis on 1 v 1 in warzones, with everyone watching the battle. Granted higher levels might be at a bit of an advantage with their skills but I don't think it would be that bad.

I like this idea the only problem would be when two healers fought it would turn into the endless match.

The Maze

Deep in the tombs of Belsavis, archaeologists uncovered a hidden vault. Translators deciphered the writing on the door to be some kind of instruction for a devastatingly powerful weapon. Needless to say, the Empire and Republic rushed in to secure the vault and uncover the weapon for their own uses. But there is one problem. As a defense mechanism, the vault is surrounded by a constantly shifting maze of tunnels that throw off all attempts to secure it. The more people in the vault, the more it changes it's layout. In response, each side has sent a small team of 8 of it's heroes ( you pvp'ers) to find and open the vault. Each side will be pit against each other to fight their way deeper and deeper into the maze in the depths of the planet. And every time you play it, the maze would have a bunch of different possible combinations for each level like the first room, the second room, so each chamber would be different every time you play it. Maybe you will be fighting on a bridge over a lake of lava, or in a room with a device that absorbs light so you have to fight using specialized infared probes that float above you so you can only see straight in front of you (think that part of kaon under siege with light droids). Each time you play, different series of obstacles you must fight while battling the enemy to get to the vault first.

Bar fight WZ

FFA

No weapons

Drunk rage power ups ect

Last Man standing or bouncer bounces you after X min

You are obviously an operative class trying to win with those 6k legacy punches, I see through your plans sir.

But, this would be an awesome wz, as would MANY of the other suggestions in here.

PLEASE MAKE THESE HAPPEN BIOWARE.

Edited by JP_Legatus

2 Bases, Each has a artillery piece to be protected and needs ammo to shoot the enemies base.

in the middle of zone, explosives to be used to blow up enemy artillery and ammunition boxes.

You have to protect your cannon from people blowing it up, at the same time you need to gather ammunition for your artillery to fire on the other side.

the ammunition and explosive spawn randomly throughout the warzone which looks like hoth starship fields.

angry gold level wampas around the area randomly attack players trying to get the ammunition / explosives so you'll need to fight them off as well to secure the stuff.

If an ammunition or explosive runner dies, he explodes and does area damage to all around him (including teammates?)

2 Bases, Each has a artillery piece to be protected and needs ammo to shoot the enemies base.

in the middle of zone, explosives to be used to blow up enemy artillery and ammunition boxes.

You have to protect your cannon from people blowing it up, at the same time you need to gather ammunition for your artillery to fire on the other side.

the ammunition and explosive spawn randomly throughout the warzone which looks like hoth starship fields.

angry gold level wampas around the area randomly attack players trying to get the ammunition / explosives so you'll need to fight them off as well to secure the stuff.

If an ammunition or explosive runner dies, he explodes and does area damage to all around him (including teammates?)

Arctic Artillery! I like this idea! Let me add to it,

1- the arty shells are volatile and can explode at any minute (60 sec timer) so you need to rush it to the gun and get it fired before it can detonate. These rounds are in a fragile state and may explode upon pickup. They can have 12-16 spawn points but only 4 are available at a time.

2- Artyguns are just outside your shielded base (spawn point) and can only be activated by someone carrying a round to be fired. Guns are used to destroy the enemies base.

3- when the gun fires there is a concussive wave from it knocking all non-friendlies back 20m and down. (2sec stun)

4- 3 large angry Wampa walk quickly around the area with large aggro areas will chase and slow anyone with a round (aggro center)

Artillery guns can be attack and can be disabled for 5 seconds every 20 seconds. When a gun is disabled and resets it knocks everyone within 20m out and down 30m. So if you do not defend your gun it will reset and be a potential weapon against you. This reset does significant damage 20% total health of all in 10m range.

The fight you face here is against other players, the environment and your own weapon trying to take out the enemies base.

Winner is the team that successfully destroy the enemy base could based on rounds fired or time or points inflicted to the base.

If you have Ideas for OWPvP please also add them here. New worlds or zones that you would like to see more PvP environments.

This is my idea of Ilum from way back when but...

First I feel that the Battle for Ilum should be much more then a rush to the middle and collect the armaments or make kills for to complete the quests. Ilum needs to be an epic battle to control the rich resource that will vastly improve the armada who controls it. Give us vehicle warfare!

What I would love to see from Ilum is a domination style WZ with conqouring objectives and siege engines. Each side can create 3 Walkers from thier home base that are needed to control the areas of Ilum. 1 Heavy walker is needed to destroy area defenses and destroy the shield generator of an area that is to be controlled. Once the shield generator is down players can access a terminal to capture the point. Capturing the point give you access to a new walker. North and south points are light walkers and mid is a heavy walker. 2 light walkers are used to destroy an enemies heavy walker. They can also be used to destroy area defenses but can not destroy the shield generator.

All other players can access combat speeder bikes they can use to disable enemy Walkers or players, they do nothing to area defenses or shield generators. Players can dismount to help destroy area defenses though. The speeder bike will be issued from a vendor in your base, for 1 WZ token, and can be destroyed forcing you to reaquire one from a controlled area. You can dismount and fight any target (except shield generators.)

Heavy Walker: Max 2, Crew 3 (1 Driver 2 Gunner) Movement=Slow +50% Health 950k DPS 3k

Light Walker: Max 4, Crew 2 (Driver and Gunner) Movement=Quick +95% Health 400k DPS 4k

Combat Speeder Bike: Unlimited, Crew 1, Movement=Very Fast +120% Health 60k DPS 2k

Turrets: 4 at each controlled area, Crew 1, Movement=None Health 40k DPS 4k

Objective of the Battle for Ilum is to control every point, however, they do not need to be destroyed in order.

Sequence of Events:

Every 2 Hours the Battle for Ilum event will begin with the only respawn point in your encampment. You must manufacture your 3 walkers and begin the march toward your opponents compound. Each area will have a Shield Generator to shield the construction compound. When you come into the areas North, Middle and South the Heavy Walker will need to destroy the shield generator so your team can gain access to the console to control the area after the console is active the players need to repair the shields and defenses to hold off an enemy attack. The team controlling the area now has a respawn (North and South Only) and can construct a new walker.

Conquering the enemy stronghold:

When you capture your enemies base that team looses all respawn points and players are placed in a holding area inside thier compound until either Ilum is captured or your team recaptures your base. Losing your base means you can not reconstruct your main 3 walkers if they are destroyed, and players dying on the battlefield and placed in the holding cell.

Capturing a zone:

When you capture a zone you should fortify it. Set people up in the turrets and repair the shields to protect the enemy from capturing it. Turrets can be destroyed by Players or vehicles. Destroying a turret makes it unusable until repairs can be made (Activation time required.) Using the special ability only found on the Heavy Walkers you can destroy the shield generator dropping the shields and gaining access the area access control console.

Losing an area:

When the enemy captures one of your areas you will not loose the vehicle you created from that area, however, it should get a 10% debuff to all stats until the area is recaptured or it is destroyed. If it is destroyed you can not recreate it without controlling the area.

Winning the Battle:

Winning the Battle for Ilum should feel like a feat and should be justly rewarded! Winning team recieves a Battle for Ilum Buff. Additionally WZ and Rated WZ tokens are awarded for the Daily and Weekly Missions to capture Ilum and I propose that the Ilum Crystals be added. This Crystals can be found all over Ilum by the Faction that controls Ilum. These should be a Rare crafting materials used to improve your equipment. All crafters will be able to make Ilum Crystal Augments parts. Three Augment Parts are required to make an Ilum Augment. Each Part contains a different stat buff. Crafting an Augment Part should be random but keys in on a players main stat.

I would suggest that 10 Ilum Crystals are needed to make a Ilum Crystal Part and 3 Parts to make an Ilum Crystal Augment. Based on the color crystal part you get will give you a buff to that stat. Crystal Parts are not bound and can be shared. The crafting process will take into account who is making the augment for any White Crystal Parts used and apply that classes main stat.

Ilum Crystal Parts:

Red = Power

Yellow = Accuracy

Green = Critical

Purple = Surge

Orange = Endurance

Blue = Shield

Cyan = Absorbtion

Magenta = Alacrity

Black = Defense

White = Primary Stat based on class

Putting your 3 pieces together should be almost like assembling your Datacron Relic but this will make an augment superior to what is currently available. They should also be BoP, and as you can farm the crystals as long as your faction controls Ilum it should not affect non PvPers. I believe this will draw a lot of attention back to open area PvP and make for an epic PvP WZ!

But that is just my opinion on it what do you think?