Dual Spec

AoCCiante

Im new to SWTOR and have started levelling a Sorc primarily for healing endgame with my guild.

Can you acquire Dual spec in the later levels of the game just like say WoW or Rift?

Obviously i wanna level through the game as DPS, but if come across a group doing a heroic quest or two, i wanna be able to switch on the fly to heal the group.

Cheers

Ciante

Dual Spec is not available and it won't be for quite some time the way I understand the Devs. On a sidenote though; You can lv as a healer just as easily as dps spec.. maybe a bit slower while killing , but you won't have any downtime. Also, for all the non hardmode content, including all FPs 10-47 and heroic quests you do not need to be specced "correctly". I've "tanked" most FPs and heroic quests as a squishy marauder, most of the time without any heal... just gotta play with a little CC, stuns etc. Edited by Aethyriel

As of yet Dual Spec has not been implemented there have been whispers that it may com in the next major content patch (March) however this has not been substantiated. I Honestly would fully expect them to add it since it has kind of become an industry standard. The other things I think we can expect:

Damage Meters

Something Like DBM

Mouse over Macros

Things I hope they grab some of the add on ideas (cool downs flashing in the middle of screen), some sort of threat meter, something like outfitter....

I digress...

There are rumours that we will get dual spec and it WAS talked about prelaunch and we were told to expect it within the first 3-6 months.

As of yet Dual Spec has not been implemented there have been whispers that it may com in the next major content patch (March) however this has not been substantiated. I Honestly would fully expect them to add it since it has kind of become an industry standard. The other things I think we can expect:

Damage Meters

Something Like DBM

Mouse over Macros

Things I hope they grab some of the add on ideas (cool downs flashing in the middle of screen), some sort of threat meter, something like outfitter....

I digress...

There are rumours that we will get dual spec and it WAS talked about prelaunch and we were told to expect it within the first 3-6 months.

Hmm DMG meters maybe i can Understand, but a DBM is kinda already in there. Most Targeted or Extreme Abilities have a Red Warning come in the middle of the screen and with Names of Targets to.

Mouse over Macros... Who's being lazy and wanting easy mode now.... Macros yeah maybe, but mouse over healing macros, dont bet on it. Bioware wants you to still work for your cookies, unlike WoW who kept you fat by handing you Cookies on a platter everyday.