Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Roadmap - The Autumn Update!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Roadmap - The Autumn Update!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KeithKanneg
09.21.2017 , 02:02 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

I have seen quite a few questions about the status of the Roadmap, both in timing and in content. I know this is more of an announcement of an announcement, but the plan is to deliver the updated version before our October 6th SWTOR Cantina in New York. I also realize I’ve been more quiet this past month, but we’ve been hard at work making sure we avoid the issues we had last month with Game Update 5.4.

As a result, we pushed back the release date of Game Update 5.5 to October 10, 2017, and as you’ll find out, we have lots of activity happening every couple weeks. In the Roadmap, I will provide you with exactly what we’re doing through the end of 2017 plus a glimpse of early 2018. After it's published, we’ll make sure we are available to answer your questions, address your concerns, and offer any additional insight. For those of you participating at the Cantina, we have a fun surprise for you that we’ll announce in an upcoming Livestream.

Talk with you soon,

---Keith
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs
09.21.2017 , 02:04 PM | #2
KEITH LIVES!!!

Thanks for the update on the update...we'd all like to have it today obviously, but just hearing from you helps quiet some of us
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

fishpeople
09.21.2017 , 02:05 PM | #3
Awesome!

Eshvara
09.21.2017 , 02:07 PM | #4
Whuuhuuuu an update! But oh the suspense.
#Arcannite
For The Empire

Paulsutherland
09.21.2017 , 02:07 PM | #5
Cool. Do we get to kill Theron?!

orangenee
09.21.2017 , 02:08 PM | #6
So when is the next update updating us on the next update to be updated? is there going to be an update? Or is there going to be an update saying the next update is going to be delayed via an update.

UPDATE US KEITH!!
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Jagaimee
09.21.2017 , 02:10 PM | #7
Awesome. Thank you! Looking forward to what comes next.
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

Rrusalka
09.21.2017 , 02:11 PM | #8
Hopefully this is a realistic date and not a wishful thinking date. I'm glad we finally have something to shoot for the silence has been deafening.

SolarSaenz
09.21.2017 , 02:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey everyone,

I have seen quite a few questions about the status of the Roadmap, both in timing and in content. I know this is more of an announcement of an announcement, but the plan is to deliver the updated version before our October 6th SWTOR Cantina in New York. I also realize I’ve been more quiet this past month, but we’ve been hard at work making sure we avoid the issues we had last month with Game Update 5.4.

As a result, we pushed back the release date of Game Update 5.5 to October 10, 2017, and as you’ll find out, we have lots of activity happening every couple weeks. In the Roadmap, I will provide you with exactly what we’re doing through the end of 2017 plus a glimpse of early 2018. After it's published, we’ll make sure we are available to answer your questions, address your concerns, and offer any additional insight. For those of you participating at the Cantina, we have a fun surprise for you that we’ll announce in an upcoming Livestream.

Talk with you soon,

---Keith
For all my posts calling BW/EA out on what I see are bad decisions, that's an appreciated post. It wasn't the post I was hoping for ( I was hoping for the roadmap). But I am not going to hate you or anyone for it. I can accept that October 6 is your deadline, and I won't lose any sleep over it.

I also hope that the reason the communication between BW/EA and the players (you want to ensure quality of the next update(s)) turns out to be justified, as in 5.5 releases without being a fiasco.

For all our negative posts about the game and BW/EA, I (and I'm sure others) really are rooting for you to succeed in delivering quality content.

Lunafox
09.21.2017 , 02:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
Cool. Do we get to kill Theron?!
Paul! No! Bad Paul!

I hope Theron gets to live. Love Theron!

And it's nice to see that Keith lives.