False Emperor FP - problem with Combat Support Droid

Hello !

I have read about similar problems here in the forums. But not exactly the same, maybe. After having begun the FP when everything works OK: It's in Story mode, I have level 51, a Bounty hunter. I enter and the Combat support droid appear, and follows until the bridge with the big, flashing boss (is he a trandoshan ?) which throws you of the bridge so easily. There the combat droid dies while fighting - it has happened two or three times - and when I am finished I can't activate it. I won the battle though ( my companion also died the last time).

The button to press in order to activate the Combat droid has faded somehow, when I press it there is a message in red, that I must be in solo mode to use the droid. But I have solo mode, as far as I see.

What is this ?

I cannot make screenshots now. My PC is working bad, and my camera in the mobile telephone gives only unclear photos. I write down my missions for the Bounty hunter:

MISSION

Personal missions

Flashpoint:

(Story) Flashpoint: The False Emperor

An Empire betrayed

Space

Operation Silent Roar

Space Combat: Saleucami Fleet Action

Space Combat: Cartel Listening Station

Tutorial:

Item Modification

Hoth

(Heroic 2-) Pirated Lockbox

(Heroic 2-) Sensitive Material

(Heroic 2-) A Traitor's Punishment

(Heroic 2-) Static

Quesh

Toxic Clash

Does it make any sense ?

Hi im having the exact same problem word for word and ive had to replay the whole thing so many times that im on the verge of deleting the game. I can beat the trandoshan boss but i cant resummon my combat droid i already hate flashpoints because ive had nothing but problems with them but for the life of me this is maddening as id like to progress through the game but cant becasue these stupid flashpoints are impossible without the droid that i cant even summon. it always say you must be in solo mode but im clearly in solo mode because the damn droid is there at the beginning of the level but once the goddamn trandoshan knocks him off the bridge with his stupid bridge attack im screwed into playing it again and again and ive spent all day on one single mission that should have taken me an hour max. I just want to resummon my stupid droid so i can finish this stupid level so i can go back to playing a game i otherwise very much enjoy so any help would be appreciated

You can advance the story by doing the FP with a group. Go to Group Finder, select Veteran Mode Flashpoints, then at the lower right where it says 23/23, click and de-select every one except False Emperor. Then join GF.

P.S. False Emperor is very buggy in any mode. 😏

P.P.S. Don't forget to bring a companion with you in Solo mode. I realize this may not apply to you, but there have been cases in the past. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

Pictures help people know if there's a problem with the game or if it's you.

I'm going to do it myself, get my droid killed by getting knocked off and we'll see what I do after that.

Step 1: Go to Ilum, go the the flashpoint door, ask for story mode, get to the boss: https://i.ibb.co/PWsGNgz/t1.png

Step 2: Let the droid solo the boss until he gets knocked off the bridge and vanishes, then kill the boss myself: https://i.ibb.co/mFyF6VZ/t2.png

Step 3: Click the resummon combat droid button next to the mission label: https://i.ibb.co/p42fWsS/t3.png

Step 4: Stand there with summoned droid: https://i.ibb.co/BzXgxnM/t4.png

Did you do all of that?

Edited by Gyronamics

• 1 year later...

I have had the same problem (same glitch).

I have reset twice and it will not work. I did use my companion on healing, so I survived a little longer than before.

I still have the Story Version on my Mission Log, but I am afraid to abandon it since it showed up automatically after finishing Battle of Illum as part of Illum Under Siege. I have grown to dislike flashpoints recently and I do not want to redo Battle of Illum all over again.

I tried checking Activities Page to do a group version, but it is missing. Not sure if I simply missed it from the numerous FPs or if it was removed since I have story version (which should not be the case since a separate mission log for False Emperor showed up while I was in the Flashpoint).

Any new advice?

While Illum is a Purple Story Mission, do I need to complete it before starting KOTFE?

• 1 year later...
I've just encountered the exact same problem. The droid was knocked off the bridge during the Trandoshan boss fight and afterwards the button to resummon it was greyed out. I tried committing suicide by jumping off the bridge myself, thinking that everything would be reset after I rezzed, but the button remained greyed out. I have done this fp in solo mode many times in the past with no problems.

• 4 months later...

I've encountered the same problem on the same Flashpoint.  After switching my Companion to Tank Mode, I made it past that gorram Trandoshan sleemo, made it all the way to the entrance to the Power Core area, and the same problem happened.  My whole crew gets wiped by a mob that should not be near as tough as they are, and then my Combat Support Droid is dead and won't come back!

I've Abandoned this Bantha Poodoo of a quest and I'm just done with it!  I refuse to run it with any of my 3 characters until we have confirmation that it has finally and properly been FIXED! Darth Malgus can be the new Emperor, for all I care!

Since I pay a Subscription Fee to access content like this, I'll have to think long and hard about whether I want to continue subscribing, that's how upset I am right now. 😡

I have spoken. :csw_fett:

Edited by ReKabNad

• 3 weeks later...