Is it possible to pry Corso off of your face?

bright_ephemera

Player since launch, just recently come to the forums. And, having played through some romances and some non-, I just have to know.

Is there a way to turn Corso's romance off? Really off. Like "No means no" off. Like the Dragon Age: Origins companions used to handle it, where they would respect your wishes.

This was how Corso worked for me, and I've been hoping it was some unintended glitch:

La, la, flirting, la la, "hey I'd like to seek your hand."

Me: "What? No. Not after long-term attachments, and to be quite honest,

you left your last girlfriend to die in a war zone? Was this supposed to make me more inclined to like you?

Corso: "Whatevs, long time ago, you're cooler anyway. So, I thought you were giving me signals earlier. Still on?"

Me: "Changed my mind," which came out in some vicious phrase like "The puppy love thing is getting old. Bye."

Corso: "MY LOVE FOR YOU WILL GIVE MEANING TO MY LIFE."

Me: "What the f-"

End of conversation.

Weird, but what matters is that I turned him down, right? I like his company, but I don't want a marriage track. Better to scuttle the romance now.

Balmorra, gettin' ready to sleep with some nice Twi'lek contact:

Corso: "This is just too much. I'm putting my foot down."

Me: What the hell? "Back off."

Corso: "No! You're walking all over me here! Blah blah complain complain I'm a hysterical victim!"

Me: Yeah, have fun with that. C'mon, Numen, let's go.

Unpleasant, especially since I told him to leave me alone, but he's written to get like that when I'm flirting, so whatever. I just won't take him out again.

Darmas calls.

Darmas: *opens his mouth*

Corso: "I'm gonna be as petty and snotty as possible."

...Okay, so leaving Corso on the ship can't fix everything.

Fast forward a few levels. A conversation pops up. Turns out to be a cool personal quest, Tatooine excursion, everything's civil, even friendly. Like I wanted it to be. I'm probably in the clear! Feed some more gifts, get another conversation.

Corso: "
?"

Me: "Maybe some other time."

Maybe some other time. MAYBE SOME OTHER TIME. I said no, and then stop, and then you're not the boss of me, and then he point-blank propositions me and the strongest (read: only) rejection at my disposal is..."Maybe some other time." :mad:

The appropriate response was "Try to touch me again and I will flush your parts out the airlock." :mad::wea_12::eek:

No legacy bonus in the galaxy is worth raising any further approval with Corso Riggs. Why did the writers do this? Was there an intended effect beyond the making player feel helpless and nauseated? Did anybody else trigger these conversations in something like this order? Did anybody successfully shut the creep up for good?

Edited by bright_ephemera
added emphasis on last question

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tease him unmercifully. I take him out anytime I am going to flirt with someone, just to see his reaction. It's a hate/hate relationship really. I give him gifts to get his confidence up, then shoot him down, rejecting his proposition then force him to watch me flirt and sleep with other men. It's all good.

I tease him unmercifully. I take him out anytime I am going to flirt with someone, just to see his reaction. It's a hate/hate relationship really. I give him gifts to get his confidence up, then shoot him down, rejecting his proposition then force him to watch me flirt and sleep with other men. It's all good.

I didn't know my ex played this game too.

I only play male characters, so I have not encountered this with Corso. On the other hand, neither am I interested in following any romance arcs on any characters, so I cannot advise you on how to deal with Corso specifically or how to deal with a character once they have reached the romance phase of the conversations. However, I can tell you this. Because I have no interest in any of the romance arcs, I have avoided this problem with all my companions so far by making sure I never choose the [Flirt] options and choosing the "I am not interested" dialog choice the first time it comes up. This, of course, differs for each companion, and the text for the choice always seems kind of harsh, but, in my opinion, if you choose this option the first time the subject comes up, it seems to set a flag that you are not interested, and you don't seem to get stuck with this problem.

For instance on my Shadow, Nadia made some comment about getting close, and the dialog option I chose was something like "This is not appropriate for a Master and Padawan." Her response was something like, "Oh, oh, of course. yada yada yada." Since then, I have not had one further incident of having to choose my answers carefully nor have I had to deal with her pursuing a romance arc.

Similarly, on my Commando, Dorne made some comment that looked like it could lead to some romance options, and I chose the option that seemed to say "I am not interested," and I have not been bothered with romance dialogs since. My Scoundrel is only level 35, but Risha recently made a comment that seemed to suggest a romance direction, and I forget the option text, but the dialog it triggered went something like, (Me: ) "You aren't coming on to me or something, are you?" and she replied something like, "No, of course not. What are you thinking? yada yada yada." I don't expect to see any more romance oriented dialogs from now on.

My only concern is Akaavi. She is scary, so I expect the dialog to go something like, (Me: ) "I am not really interested." (Akaavi: ) "That really doesn't matter, if you want to live." /shudder

How you get out of it once you have gone down that path, I cannot tell you. However, if you avoid any [Flirt] dialog options, don't give them courting gifts, and take the "I am not interested" option, however harshly it is worded in the text, the first time it comes up, it seems to shut down any romance directions in the dialogs from then on, and you don't have to start getting TROs (Temporary Restraining Orders) on your companions.

There are characters I've distrusted and hated and been shocked and annoyed by. That's just how it is in fictional worlds. But usually I can talk back, or punch him in the face, or give him a good long (if not long enough) Force choking, or give her one zinger of an insult, or just leave the planet, or something. With Corso it's like this boor is all over me and I physically can't open my mouth to say "NO." Or if I do, the game renders it as "Please, friend, if it's all right by you, maybe we could perhaps put this off for a few minutes if you don't mind, but it's totally your call." UGH.

I can understand leaving a romance reactivation option open in a long-form game like a MMORPG, but the romance reactivation should be a [Flirt] you can direct at him, not a proposition he squirts at you the instant you brush past him in the hallway.

There are characters I've distrusted and hated and been shocked and annoyed by. That's just how it is in fictional worlds. But usually I can talk back, or punch him in the face, or give him a good long (if not long enough) Force choking, or give her one zinger of an insult, or just leave the planet, or something. With Corso it's like this boor is all over me and I physically can't open my mouth to say "NO." Or if I do, the game renders it as "Please, friend, if it's all right by you, maybe we could perhaps put this off for a few minutes if you don't mind, but it's totally your call." UGH.

I can understand leaving a romance reactivation option open in a long-form game like a MMORPG, but the romance reactivation should be a [Flirt] you can direct at him, not a proposition he squirts at you the instant you brush past him in the hallway.

i have a feeling that if he gets too possesive of my smuggler, i'll introduce him to her agent and joiner parents >:3

" ya know, mom has been really good at making annoying ex bf's dissapear for me...."

hes been eating a LOT of -1s on my smuggler, cause shes merely stranded in pub space, trying to survive, and could care less about pub polotics.

got any vectors to trade?

You know, I was trying to find another companion to romance on the side while I slowly (it seems) make my way to the 40's on my scoundrel, since Corso isn't talking to me again till I complete that Gunfight quest. And I need some lovin :(, so I ended up going with Quinn. Vector was an option too, how's the romance with him?

You're safe if you a) never initiate a [Flirt] and and b) shoot down anything he tries early. All romances are like this; I successfully avoided Kira this way. A couple of deflections early and she got over it and became friends.

It's the deactivation after you change your mind that I'm stuck on.

You know, I was trying to find another companion to romance on the side while I slowly (it seems) make my way to the 40's on my scoundrel, since Corso isn't talking to me again till I complete that Gunfight quest. And I need some lovin :(, so I ended up going with Quinn. Vector was an option too, how's the romance with him?

those that aren't creeped out by him, are absolutely head over heels for him ( myself included, i spam a ton of romance threads bubbling about him >.>

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=94338 started a hate thread..but then the song of swarming was sung..and the swarm came... and now it's just a pile of fangirls

Personality wise...hes a little aloof at first, he's got his head pretty deep in the hive mind, but he eventually warms up to you. hes intelligent, HIGHLY observant, eager to serve, very eloquent and polite, force sensitive in some very backwards killik way that leaves him in a constant zen mode, poetic, and ..erm just roll an agent. you will ether go " ew" or be assimilated into the fangirl hivemind.

oh, and unlike corso, hes the least jealous guy i've ever seen :o

And this is why men hate women.

er. no.

This is an example of men hating women, and by that I mean the way the whole female romance line is "written."

Corso is a creep. A stalker you can't take out a restraining order on, and whom you can't kill.

er. no.

This is an example of men hating women, and by that I mean the way the whole female romance line is "written."

Corso is a creep. A stalker you can't take out a restraining order on, and whom you can't kill.

at least hes not programmed to go violent on you in a fit of " if i can't have you..." rage o.o

then again, if he did, youd have a reason to kick his arse

i wonder if thats where his scars came from, heh

at least hes not programmed to go violent on you in a fit of " if i can't have you..." rage o.o

then again, if he did, youd have a reason to kick his arse

i wonder if thats where his scars came from, heh

I'm pretty sure the scars are from him fleeing blind through a separatist firefight back on Ord Mantell, saving his own skin (or most of it) while leaving the last woman he swore eternal love to to die. WHICH, by the way, is the reason I originally decided to drop the whole line.

Real romantic.

I'm pretty sure the scars are from him fleeing blind through a separatist firefight back on Ord Mantell, saving his own skin (or most of it) while leaving the last woman he swore eternal love to to die. WHICH, by the way, is the reason I originally decided to drop the whole line.

Real romantic.

can you actually call him out on that in the dialogue?

I didn't record this one myself, but the full extent of the questioning you can do is here:

He has ten seconds of remorse from 0:27 to 0:37. That's it, tragic backstory done, let's talk about you, Captain. To paraphrase what would've happened if I had gotten to say what I wanted to say:

Me: LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS BOMBSHELL YOU JUST DROPPED INSTEAD

Corso: Sorry? I, I didn't catch that. Can we kiss now?

Me: NO

Corso: Oh? Huh. Initiating psycho protocols. I loooooove yoooouuuuu...

Edited by bright_ephemera
Adding appropriate quote indentations

I didn't record this one myself, but the full extent of the questioning you can do is here:

He has ten seconds of remorse from 0:27 to 0:37. That's it, tragic backstory done, let's talk about you, Captain. To paraphrase what would've happened if I had gotten to say what I wanted to say:

lol...why can't my gen2 toons get men as smart and ****** as thier joiner daddy?

most i ever got out of him

was flirting with a voss on..well voss... he just looks at me with a thoughtfull look " you are,... a consummate diplomat."

i latter married the guy AND slept with him WITH VECTOR OUT ( already married to him) and got NO affection downs from that scene

er. no.

No, I was more along the lines of how sadistic some women can be regardless of a fictional character or not. Flirting just to tease, leading a person on, then getting angry at the person for making advances.

Corso most definitely isn't the perfect character, but most of the males in the game aren't when you play the way you do.

No, I was more along the lines of how sadistic some women can be regardless of a fictional character or not. Flirting just to tease, leading a person on, then getting angry at the person for making advances.

Corso most definitely isn't the perfect character, but most of the males in the game aren't when you play the way you do.

You definitely have your people mixed up.

I don't tease the LI toons of my characters.

It is true, however, that every LI toon for a female player that I've ever encountered is repulsive on some level: cowtipper, catboy, sleazebag holoaddict for the republic side that I've seen so far; borged out bug, skeevy pirate, effeminate betrayer, bieber fett on the empire side.

It is true, however, that every LI toon for a female player that I've ever encountered is repulsive on some level: cowtipper, catboy, sleazebag holoaddict for the republic side that I've seen so far; borged out bug, skeevy pirate, effeminate betrayer, bieber fett on the empire side.

The one you're missing Republic side is the scumbag insincere player. At some point somebody will have to explain to me

how the One-Shiv Wonder is effeminate; maybe I'm too much of a pasty-faced academic myself, but he always seemed to stay on the masculine edge of neutral to my eye.

I wasn't even trying to mistreat Corso, and for a long time I still did like his company, which just made his meltdown suck even more. Really, man? Can we not just say, once and for all, "Stop hitting on me," and then either part ways or agree to treat each other decently?

I wasn't even trying to mistreat Corso, and for a long time I still did like his company, which just made his meltdown suck even more. Really, man? Can we not just say, once and for all, "Stop hitting on me," and then either part ways or agree to treat each other decently?

Seems to be a problem with all the LIs, once you start their romance it's practically impossible to stop. You can yell "Stay away from me and keep your hands off!" all you want, but you're still with them. O.o You'd think BioWare would have given some type of romantic escape clause (like you get in Dragon Age Origins, at any time you could break it off with whoever you were romancing), instead of saying "Hey, you flirted with them, now you're stuck with them FOREVA!" Yeah... no thanks.